Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 04-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
tara_davis

Comiket 72

My friend and I are planning to go in August.

Would those of you who have been to past Comikets care to share some of your experiences?

I'm learning Japanese, so I'm excited about the chance to shop all the doujinshi and stuff, as well as a chance to do a cosplay at a Japanese con. (Last time I was in Japan, I didn't go to any cosplay events.)

Also, since we will be there for a few days, are there any places of note in Odaiba (preferably near the con hall) that are definitely worth checking out?

Good cheap places to eat?

Oh... we are also going to stay a few nights over in Shinjuku. If anybody would care to recommend some great night spots over there, that would be awesome. I always like hearing from individuals rather than just relying on guide books and web sites.
tara_davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
Don Marmoto

Hi, is nice you can attend the comiket, but many people say that`s not the best place to do cosplay cause their many restrictions for cosplay, here are some of the rules for comiket:

http://www.comiket.co.jp/info-a/TAFO...FO/C71eng.html

actually I may attend that comiket cause I will travel to japan to support the Mexican team for WORLD COSPLAY SUMMIT that is held one week before the comiket in Nagoya and also I have always wanted to go to comiket, not for cosplay, but to check all the stuff that is selled there, so we might encounter there XD

About the places to visit, I dont know too much about Tokyo, I been more in Osaka, sorry
Don Marmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 03:07 AM   #3
allenluvzapplez
phood is yumzzzz

I really want to go this summer, not to cosplay but probably just the experience of going to a con outside of the US. meh, but I dont know for sure since im horrible at planning trips <.< But i might end up going... I hope
allenluvzapplez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
KimaLucifer
Fantasista

Prop restrictions make me less motivated to go to Comiket.

One warning is that the Cosplay zone is outside -so if you`re wearing something thick you might burn. (i.e. Rozen Maiden cosplays are dangerous)

Not sure about your age but there are drinking places like The Lockup, Arabian Rock, and Mysterious, all which are themed bars. They`re mighty fun to go to :3
KimaLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
DreamKydd

if you want to party in japan, check out roppongi .. it's basically a city within a city and its covered with gaijins. lots of clubs there and the clubs in japan last till 6am... so be prepared to stay out ALL night cuz the last train ends 12ish and doesn't start up again till 5am-ish.
Unread 05-16-2007, 04:14 AM   #6
Rabite
RenegadePocky's Fanboy

I hope to make it this year and would love to meet up with some people and possibly room together.
Rabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
Kazenokibou

Comiket is freaking hot during the summer. Yes, the cosplay zone is outside so you might burn, but inside is hot as well. I always take a frozen bottle of water because it keeps it cold and it will melt by the time you would want a drink. Some people take hand towels to wipe their sweat.

Odaiba... Hmm.. I think I went to a theme park called Joy Polis there and it was pretty fun. The rides and everything is all inside.

Food wise, I like Japanese fast food places such as Yoshinoya (beef rice bowl place) or Popola Mama (semi-fast food Spaghetti place). I see those alot every where.
pixiv http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=800963
Cosplay Archive http://www.cosp.jp/prof.aspx?id=137336
Kazenokibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2007, 01:59 AM   #8
+Ao+
Banned

I went to CM64 I loved it! Prob the best con Iv been to yet. & IV been cosplaying sense I was 12.

If theres any cosplayers that are going to be at CM lets meet up ^_^V
+Ao+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
mixaka
Granter of wishes

So, I'll be moving to Yamanashi in early August, which puts me in Japan in just enough time to make it to Comiket. As long as I don't have any work related things going on, I'll definitely try to make it and would love to meet up with some people!
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
hisoka-jp

Yamanashi, that's quite a way to Odaiba, isn't it?
hisoka-jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
nadesico81
Cosplay Anime Otaku

In Japan you cant go wrong with a Burger from MOS Burger. Even Mc Donalds is better then any Mc Donalds you have ever eaten at.

Last edited by nadesico81 : 08-25-2007 at 07:38 AM.
nadesico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
Ohtori Kagura
Princess of Ingary

I side with nadesico81 on the MacDonalds comment. ^^ *nods*

Cons: Anime LA, Wonder-Con, Fanime, Anime Expo, Japan Expo, Pacific Media Expo
Next Cosplays: Ikaruga Satsuki - Seinarukana, Tsukigase Sayane - Shuumatsu Shoujo Gensou Alicematic, Carina Verritti - Shukufuku no Campanella, Unity Yuno - Unity Marriage ~ Two Brides ~

Ohtori Kagura is offline   Reply With Quote