Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 04-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
thoshy
Soul Eater Addict.

Question Help with Gaara eyes, and hiding my eyebrows and frekils(sp?)

I really need help on this. This will be my first cosplay and I have never done makeup like this before. I am white, but have frekels(sp) all over. I have blodn eyebrows, so I don't have to shave them XD, so any makeup you think might work?' Oh, what about the eyes too.What makeup should I use for them?

Thanks so much.

UnderTaker [Kuroshitsuji]
Kabuchimaru (Naruto)
thoshy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Arisa
asdfghjkl

I'd think a basic concealer would cover freckles. I don't know much about things like foundation and concealer, though.

As for the eyes... uh... eyeliner? If you're not used to applying eyeliner, it's better to use the pencil kind than the liquid kind, because the liquid kind is far less forgiving of mistakes. You can smear the pencil kind if you need to, too.
Arisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Kaniki

Freckles are a pain when it comes to cosplaying, aren't they?

I have a basic concealer and it covers them all very well. ^^

As for the eyes I would use liquid eyeliner. Now... I'm not a make-up kind of girl really {Only for cosplay} but it's easy to apply liquid eyeliner. ^^ And you don't have to worry about having to re-apply it to make it darker either. ^^ Wet-n-wild is the one I use. It's cheap, you can get it anywhere, and it's awesome. <3
Unread 04-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
Ghost613
Your face is a Geostigma!

gaara's eyes brows *sighs*
the process for this is simple and confusing all at the same time. you cover your eyebrows with "eyebrow plastic" and liquid latex, things you can get at quality costume supply and theatrical stores. then you cover that with foundation.
here, if you want to know more, check out these threads
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=92293
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=85280
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=89870
Ghost613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

For my gaara, I put on the eyebrow plastic, found here, http://www.makeupmania.com/details/IA-0036-02-005.cfm and powered my face like the plastic instructions says, and then put foundation on all over my face and then I used black eyeshadow for the eyes. I had a pencil, but it was the biggest piece of crap ever! and it kept breaking! I used lip liner for the Ai symbol.
Since your eyebrows are light you should be able to cover them up with the plastic and foundation very well. Dark eyebrows (like mine) are hard to cover. I couldn't get them to fade all the way. The eyebrow is really sticky and icky. It won't look that great until you add foundation and powder.

Need a wig styled? Ask me! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...?product=48369

Currently selling a variety of wigs, costumes, anime, and manga! Check it out! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...0/ppuser/50381

Last edited by Ryoko-and-Yami : 04-04-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Ryoko-and-Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 05:11 AM   #6
Frostey
Secret costume

Shave your eyebrows off it makes it look better. as for the lines around the eyes. heres what our gonna need.

1:A good Foundation to match your skin tone
-available at any store that carries makeup
2: white(aka clear) settling powder
- avilable werever they sell costume make up ussaly. though there are a few links around here that will point you to better places.
3: black Liguid eyeliner, any brand will do
- see number 1
4: black Lip/eye crayon / or non-powder eye shadow
-this might be hard to find But check goth stores costume supply places and hot topic usaly caries them
5:application sponge
-seee number 1
6: a good powerpuff
-see number 1:

okay so now here is what you do.

1: apply the foundation to your entire face including the eye lids and lips.
- this will make your whole face apear to be one solid tone and will help distinguish your eyeliner

2: apply the liguid eyeliner as you would normaly apply eyeliner, Only Around the eye and thinly.
-this will make sure the black goes all the way to your eye, the last thing you want is a horrible gap between your eye and the black outline.

3:Useing the black eye crayon Go around the eye creating the desired shape as acuratluy as possible.
-this may be a challange but for ease just follow the shap of the eye and extend outward near the outside top of your eye.

4: useing the founddation and a fresh application sponge go around the the black sharpening the edges and creating the desired shape and effect.
- do not drag the spong. Only dabb it on the edges of the black. if you drag the sponf it will smear the black. this is mostly to "Clean Up" the Thick black lines and to make sure you ahve them exsactly how you want them. take your time.

5: useing the powder puff and softly dabbing your face apply the settling powder.
- this will make it so it will last longer and nto smear as easily. make sure to do this only when you have the make up exsactly how you want it.

hope that helps.

MY GROUP NEEEEEEDS A TAYUYA!!!
Frostey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
Miranda-chan
MB: Work on Cosplays.

DO NOT SHAVE OFF YOUR EYEBROWS~
there is a slight possibility they will not grow back!
some people lack the ability to grow fine facial hair (such as eyebrows) back. and for the most part it takes a very long time to grow back to normal.
I would say use light concealer on them
Unread 04-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #8
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda-chan View Post
DO NOT SHAVE OFF YOUR EYEBROWS~
there is a slight possibility they will not grow back!
some people lack the ability to grow fine facial hair (such as eyebrows) back. and for the most part it takes a very long time to grow back to normal.
I would say use light concealer on them
Yeah, I wouldn't shave them off. Maybe pluck them really thin so they will be easier to cover. Eyebrows might take a while to grow back or grow back in odd. I think you could even get ingrown hairs too if you did it wrong. If your eyebrows are blonde they should be easy to cover with eyebrow plastic.

Need a wig styled? Ask me! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...?product=48369

Currently selling a variety of wigs, costumes, anime, and manga! Check it out! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...0/ppuser/50381
Ryoko-and-Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
Cloudsofsand

Lip liner, for the ai symbol, runs. So if you are going to a con I would suggest bringing the lip liner to touch it up and a tissue to clean up where it runs. Maybe red sharpie would be better?
Unread 06-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
xSYN
syn haedas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsofsand View Post
Maybe red sharpie would be better?
I would strongly discourage using sharpies on one's face, tbh ;;;