Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 04-14-2003, 11:46 PM   #1
Himemiya
AAAHHH INTERFACING

"I am not from Kingdom Hearts!"

I'm cosplaying Miyuki-chan in Wonderland for Animazement in her alice-esque dress (I have a super-floofy petticoat and a recent interest in heart-shaped aprons)...

My problem is, with Kingdom Hearts out and disney cosplayers running around like mad, what can I do to keep it semi-clear that I am *not* alice-in-wonderland from Kingdom Hearts? o.o; Nothing against KH, I just don't want to see random pictures of myself on some webpage with a rant about how disney cosplayers suck >.<

Should I have a prop? A sign? A cardgirl? What should I doooo?
Himemiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-15-2003, 01:14 AM   #2
Jinx
Making a Comeback?

Make sure you have a _brown_ wig, and not blonde? That's the only major differences I can see. ^-^;;
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2003, 02:16 AM   #3
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

the whole dress seems a little more risque compared to alice's mid calf dress that she wears. Also if you con a few friends into making some supporting character costumes like chesshire cat or a card girl I'm sure you won't get people saying "some random kingdom heart alice" or whatever. You can also do a no sign like u see on a no smoking sign and put a mickey mouse head u know 2 circles for the ears and 1 larger one for the head, but it depends what con you go to. If it's anime expo you'll risk getting thrown out if you have that sign since ax is taking place right by disney land. Any disney hatred displays are taken seriously as if you were threatening someone's life x_X it's disney go figure.

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2003, 03:46 PM   #4
A J
sets ovens on fire

Get someone to dress up as the Queen of Hearts. =D

Or maybe just carry a sign... I'm usually not a big fan of signs but it might be a necessary evil in this case.

-AJ
A J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2003, 06:09 PM   #5
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Why does nobody do Miyuki's cute school uniform? With the long skirt and the yellow bow? T_T I think I'll have to do that someday. :P

But um, the design is a lot different from Alice, if you do it right.. Miyuki doesn't have a bow on her head, she has straight bangs and brown hair instead of Alice's poofy ones and bright blonde hair.. *scratches head* Anyone that mistook you has been playing too much KH/watching too much Disney. o_O With enough Miyuki cosplay over the years, I think you'll be recognized.

Or you can try and gather a group via Seeking Cosplayers to make sure it doesn't happen. :P

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Central in Rosemont, IL (May 16-18)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2003, 08:20 PM   #6
liz-maru
oOcosplay crazedOo

awe i hope noone says your alice!! >< that would so get on my nerves, if they dont know what they are talkin about they shouldnt be like yo alice offa disney blah blah! ill hit em for you! you should make a sign or sumifn sayin your not alice but Miyuki! or maybe i duno, okies im shuttin up now! ^_-
liz-maru is offline   Reply With Quote