Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Unread 04-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
kalajessta
Chevalier

Tales of the Abyss - Guy Cecil help

I'm attempting to get Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) done in time for TekkoshoCon next week. One of the major issues I am having is finding his charm on his necklace.

Here's a picture for refrence:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/kalajessta/1.jpg

If it comes down to it, I was thinking of possibly getting a dog liscens and using it as that, but it partly 3D. I was also thinking of attempting to make it out of fimo, but I would really like to find something in a bead store or craft store. I've tried Joanns and Michaels and found nothing.

Benviolo (Romeo x Juliet); Guy Cecil - Hopeless Dreamer (Tales of the Abyss); Rossiu (Gurren-Lagann); Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2008 Cons:
A and G Ohio, TekkoshoCon, Anime Central, Anime Expo, Otakon, Ikasu Con, Matsuri Con, Tsubasa Con, Youma Con, AnimeUSA
kalajessta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
FeelLikeRain
: caught in suspension :

Paperclay is good for this kind of thing (and, well, many things. <3) -- you'd be able to find it at Michaels -- if you ended up sculpting it, which is what I'd do. I used it really extensively for my Lloyd cosplay. o___o It's quite tough when it's dry, it adheres to itself and a fair few other kinds of surfaces when still moist, and is generally rather forgiving. The only thing is that it likes to stick to your fingers and dry there; thus you'd probably want to wash your hands every now and then or at least keep a damp cloth nearby.

You'd just roll out a bit of the clay to the thickness you want the charm to be, trace a circle in it lightly with a toothpick/pin/etc., cut that out with a knife, smooth down the edges and basically make it look like you want it to (making a little hole in the top so that you can attach it to the collar), then leave it to dry for a little while. Afterward you'd just sand it to make it smooth, paint it with gold acrylic paint, and you're good.
and trying to find anything you can feel that you can believe in

Tales of Symphonia : Lloyd Irving (80%) :: Tales of Eternia : Farah Oersted (90%) :: Tales of the Abyss : Luke fon Fabre (25%) :: Tales of Legendia : Senel Coolidge (65%) :: Tales of Destiny : Leon Magnus (0%)
FeelLikeRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #3
neoPootling
*regular doer of good*

i used some gold colored Aluminium spangle things that i found in the jewelry section of joAnns and hammered it out as flat as i could for the main plate thing. it's metal, light, and shiny so i was alright with the hammering even though it didnt come out 100% flat. the rest is made of ribbon and some jewelry rings. i took a lighter and heated a needle to poke/ melt through the ribbon so i could loop the rings through.

guy cecil pix in my gallery and choker details here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uy_choker1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...uy_choker2.jpg
neoPootling is offline   Reply With Quote