Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 04-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

WoW Draenei Armour Selection - Help?

One of my costumes this year is going to be [one of] my World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade characters; a Draenei Shaman.

I think I've figured out a good way to do the legs, but that's part of the problem. Because I think I can do the legs nicely, I don't want to hide them under a big skirt/robe, so I can't figure out what armour set I should make to wear.

Trouble is, most of the high-level (aka Recognizable) Shaman armour sets involve either a robe or a big skirt. Except the PVP sets, which are honestly likely to be out of my skill range. I'd rather do a good job on some easier armour, than end up with crummy-looking complicated armour.

I've spent the last couple days puttering around the various WoW sites trying to find some armour sets that don't involve skirts (even the kind that don't give set bonuses or anything, just sets of gear that go together to form an outfit). I've come across these ones so far. The issue with them is, since they are lowbie-sets, they look like crummy lowbie sets.

Any suggestions for a good-looking armour set I can do? It doesn't have to be specifically a Shaman outfit, but I will be using a staff as a prop, because I'll need it to keep my balance and walk properly. I don't care if the outfit isn't "supposed to" go with a staff.
I'd also like at least some skin showing. I won't be wearing a hat/helm because I want to do the horns, and I'll be wearing it to Dragon*Con this year, so I don't want to melt from the heat, so full head-to-toe body coverage isn't as desirable as having bare arms or something.

Am I stuck with a choice between crummy looking lowbie armour or a skirt, or is there an alternative?
Thanks! ^_^

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
JavaFox
Coffee Addict.

I personally don't think those lowbie armours look that bad...I think they're kinda nice looking. >.>;;

Maybe think of it this way, if you do a lowbie armour, you're doing armour that almost everyone will recognize. So why not just do it on purpose (not because you just want to show off spiffy legs), and choose the beginner set of armour so that everyone can recognize it.
JavaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I really like the look of the "of the Fang" and "Dementia" sets in those Flickr pictures. I don't think they look bad at all. :9 Dementia looks very WoW-ish just from first glance.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Central in Rosemont, IL (May 16-18)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #4
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

You both make very good points, thank you!

Haha, I should know better than to try to pick costume stuff when I'm in a crummy mood! ^_^

I can probably pull off the Dementia armour, so that sounds like fun! ^_^

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
Kissker

I'd Suggest the DarkmantleSet even without the helmet, its stylish, it catches attention, and everyone will recognize you as a WoW player (or at least charecter) from the horns alone- some of the higher sets use the lowbie sets as templates and just recolour or add a lil skull for detail so it's really kinda silly to stress so much on it right now- after all the Dark mantle set, but instead of Blue, with Red, and a few spikes is a 60 set ^.^ (can't remember the name off the top of my head though)

Just pay attention to details and remember to measure twice, cut once. Craft foam will be excellent cheap material to work with for pieces like the Shoulders (its at wal-mart for like 33 cents a 9x11 sheet here in Missouri) Glues with elmers white glue (slowly) hotglue and super glue (although really ventilate with superglue and it gets hot because of the chemical reaction test it on a lil piece if your goin to wear it while it dries.) For the lovely curved edges you can use Pipe insulation (cut smaller of course) so it gives the "Round Edge Armor" Look at feel. The real hardest part for you won't be the suit- whatever you pick- but the horns and hooves and tail ^.^

Goodluck though- I'd love to see me a drai in Real life. It'd be funny if we hit the same convention too- I'am from the future in an alternate reality and your an alien to WoW itself. lol Wed fit together well, and were both blue-ish.
If you think its too hard- or cant get started, the CadaverousSet
also fits the bill- and is much easier to assemble.
Good Luck!

oh.. and dont click ..::HERE::..
Kissker is offline   Reply With Quote