Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 04-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

Kurenai Cosplay

Yes, another Naruto related cosplay thread.

One of my newest costume ideas it Kurenai Yuuhi of Naruto, the jounin of team 8 (Hinata, Kiba, and Shino). I have yet to start on it, but I plan to change that soon enough. Aside from the shoes, what I need to get done is her "dress", shirt, handwraps, and "pants".

http://i15.tinypic.com/2yxn03l.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/2d9vjh1.jpg

What I mostly need help on, is the actual "dress" of the cosplay, as well as the shirt. The suggestions from my friends is to make it into an actual dress, so that all I have to do is slip it on and be done - which I'm thinking is a good possibility. But I'm not sure how to actually go about it.

For the "pants", it's more bandaging, but I was thinking somehow getting a pair of spandex pants and wrapping the bandage around that as a base, so it would have to same idea as a simply pull-on.

For the shirt, I have no idea as what to do. So any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Same goes with the rest.
Spencer Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
I.N.K.
Lo hicimos, We did it!!

I: I'm not entirely good with sewing so, I don't know if this will help. But...

Maybe if you could find a dress to alter that's in the shape of the white part (like the same cut and stuff) you could simply sew on the white & black fabrics, white being in different layers. Then take some fishnet with a red border on the outside and sew it on to the inside of the dress, and do the same to the red sleeve (make a red sleeve and sew it on the inside of the dress). Viola! The shirt dress is made.

But I've never actually attempted this so, I just looked at the picture and that idea came to me. Hope it helped.

Good luck!

Next Convention:
Anime Mid Atlantic '10
Nekocon '10

Side Costumes:
Ouka Saki Some ni Keri
-Asagi
-Tsunehito
-HIDE-ZOU
I.N.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

It gave me the idea to do the shirt deal with it, which I may, especially due to the sleeve (I can totally see me failing at getting the dress on overtop a shirt). I'm going to see about talking to a friend's mom who helped make her Kairi dress and see if she has any suggestions, or could actually help me. =D
Spencer Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote