Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 04-16-2003, 11:57 AM   #1
SynVanSiWes
Et Kan Nu.

Who is cosplaying Zelda characters?

Hey all. Who's going as Zelda characters? I'm going as Medli from Wind Waker, and I wanted to know if I'm going to have any comrades in arms. Even if you aren't doing Wind Waker characters go on and post, I'm curious. Yay for Anime Boston!
SynVanSiWes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2003, 01:30 PM   #2
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

ou....i would've loved to do a Zelda cosplay, but unfortunatly my skills aren't there yet...I'm hoping to do a Ganondorf costume for the next convention that comes around, but I'm still not sure. The King would be kind've cool too. But I'll definetly praise you when i see you there :P I'm such a zelda fanboy. Medli was really cool too.
Unread 02-07-2004, 08:39 PM   #3
Ryoko-Dono
Back away from the wig...

I'm gona be Adult Link one of the days and I'm having a friend of mine be young Zelda. ^^ So much fun.. I love crossplay.

live in/around upstate ny? check out the upstate ny cosplay society
Ryoko-Dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2004, 10:19 PM   #4
Michela
Grapes are fun!

Wah! I'm planning a Link (Goron Tunic) costume, but unfortunately I will begin production on it directly after Anime Boston 2004 for a summer game gathering... (Michela is in a draught of money at the moment and can only make a small amount of costumes per year at this time ;_; )
SynVanSiWes: If I see you or any other Zelda cosplayers at the convention, I hope you don't mind if I take many pictures and, if I'm still in my Sailor Neptune costume, play a few tunes from Ocarina of Time (the best game of *all* time, in my opinion) on my violin. ^_^
Michela: "I'm planning to place scorpions in my next costume, so that I can approach craftsmanship judges and say, 'not only did I hand make the entire dress, but I also added scorpions into the lining. I walk carefully when I wear it because I never know when they will strike. They are crawling around somewhere in the hems as we speak...'
And the judges will reply, 'SCORPIONS, YOU SAY? HAVE A TROPHY.'
Victory will be mine."
Ali: Scorpions are the new beading!

Last edited by Michela : 02-16-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Michela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2004, 12:33 AM   #5
ZoraLink
Howdy!

I would like to, but I think i'm going to otakon. so, for my first year-1 con is enuf lol i might not go to any at all hope i can tho! ^_^
Unread 03-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #6
Ryoko-Dono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michela
Wah! I'm planning a Link (Goron Tunic) costume, but unfortunately I will begin production on it directly after Anime Boston 2004 for a summer game gathering... (Michela is in a draught of money at the moment and can only make a small amount of costumes per year at this time ;_; )
SynVanSiWes: If I see you or any other Zelda cosplayers at the convention, I hope you don't mind if I take many pictures and, if I'm still in my Sailor Neptune costume, play a few tunes from Ocarina of Time (the best game of *all* time, in my opinion) on my violin. ^_^
Ooo, I should bring my ocarina, if I didnt suck so much at it we should jam! As it is I can only paly the Song of Time. I keep meaning to learn more, honest!

Unread 03-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #7
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

I'm probably bringing along my WindWaker-style Link, since I'm making new weapons and stuff for it... ^^;
Kinda... don't wanna use a cardboard sword and shield (despite how well they came out), so making out of foam and resin, heh.
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2004, 11:55 PM   #8
GenyaArikado
Snakes are huggable~ ^^

I will be going as Adult Link from Ocarina of Time/ Super Smash Brothers Melee. Costume is just about done! Maybe i will see you around!

I dont mind what you are doing, so much as the way you are doing it. - Vincent Valentine FFVII
GenyaArikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2004, 09:37 PM   #9
HeeroJF
Author & Cosplayer, baby

Are you guys planning a meeting time & place to do a photo shoot? It'd be nice.
HeeroJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2004, 10:41 PM   #10
GenyaArikado
Snakes are huggable~ ^^

Sounds like a kicken plan, y'all name the place and the time and i will try to be there. Does anyone know and good tips to make a Navi? i made one but it doesn't look that great, any suggestions? Thanks!

I dont mind what you are doing, so much as the way you are doing it. - Vincent Valentine FFVII
Unread 03-21-2004, 10:50 PM   #11
HeeroJF
Author & Cosplayer, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado
Sounds like a kicken plan, y'all name the place and the time and i will try to be there. Does anyone know and good tips to make a Navi? i made one but it doesn't look that great, any suggestions? Thanks!
Is there actually any artwork of Navi?! Or Tatl and Tael? If it were just up to me, I'd make a costume that's nothing but a giant ball of shiny white, with wings sticking out... Very original, but I dunno, kinda weird.
HeeroJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2004, 06:48 PM   #12
Michela
Grapes are fun!

Quote:
Does anyone know and good tips to make a Navi? i made one but it doesn't look that great, any suggestions? Thanks!
This is a very basic suggestion, (you may have used this method in your first attempt, but I hope I can be of assistance) but you could begin with a small, styrofoam (or regular insulation foam) ball and cover it with a thin fabric, then paint it (if paint is applied directly over the ball, the creases in the foam will show.) For the wings, make a basic frame out of wire (if you can't find any craft wire, a coat hanger will suffice ^_^) and cover it with a slightly sheer, nylon based white fabric either before or after it is attached to the foam base. Then, use wire or any other available means (you could use fishing line to be invisible, but that does not stand at a rigid stance, like wire... the one trouble with wire is it's visible) to assemble it to your costume. You could also paint a glossy finish to the exterior to add shine ('twould be lovely if it catches the sunlight!) If extra support is needed, be unafraid to use extra wire.

I hope I haven't entirely failed you and good luck on the completion of the costume!
Michela: "I'm planning to place scorpions in my next costume, so that I can approach craftsmanship judges and say, 'not only did I hand make the entire dress, but I also added scorpions into the lining. I walk carefully when I wear it because I never know when they will strike. They are crawling around somewhere in the hems as we speak...'
Victory will be mine."
Unread 03-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #13
GenyaArikado
Snakes are huggable~ ^^

You guys rock!
i have done a primary attempt once, and i used a 2.5 inch styroball and covered with a wide (2inch) sheer lace (it sparkles!) and then tried my best to get the edges of the ribbon to stay down (thats where my problem is, the edges and creases show and then i created wings with the same ribbon. (it has wire on the edges of the ribbon) it doesn't look bad from a distance, but up close you can see the edging that it has. oh well, no one is perfect, but i try to be! i haven't tried the painted method yet, but if i have the time before the con i will give it a shot! thanks so much to you guys!
one more thing.... do any of you guys know how link is able to put his shield on his back the way he does? i can't find a method, and i have a large shield that i've made, and it gets heavy, really really heavy and i would like to be able to put it on my back if i want to!

Unread 03-22-2004, 07:58 PM   #14
Michela
Grapes are fun!

Quote:
do any of you guys know how link is able to put his shield on his back the way he does? i can't find a method, and i have a large shield that i've made, and it gets heavy, really really heavy and i would like to be able to put it on my back if i want to!
That is a tough predicament... I don't have a solution, but I can suggest... I've made a few sketches of the Mirror Shield, and on the back, there are two panels for hand gripping and arm rests (I have no pictures, but they are two metal handles shaped like brackets: [ or ]) As Link wears a leather sash across his chest to hold his sword scabbard on his back, perhaps you can manage to find a way to detach and fasten it together, (like a seat belt or belt) so that you can string the sash through arm handles and hold it that way across your back. I'm not sure how well that would work, (or how comfortable or convenient it would be) but hopefully it will suffice!
Victory will be mine."
Unread 03-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #15
Ryoko-Dono

Quote:
do any of you guys know how link is able to put his shield on his back the way he does? i can't find a method, and i have a large shield that i've made, and it gets heavy, really really heavy and i would like to be able to put it on my back if i want to!
The way I've got mine to stay on was by constructing the sheild then I added one handle out of cardboard (its big enough for my hand/arm to go through). Then I added two duct tape handles that dont work as handles but are to secure it to my belt(the one that goes across the chest). The two duct tape handles are diagonal from the cardboard handle. I cant think of how to properly describe it so I attached a pic that I drew in 5 seconds on the computer. The cardboard handle is the thing in brown and the purple/gray ones are the duct tape.

When putting it on the belt make sure the belt goes through all three loops. Thats what I did, it isnt perfect but it worked for me.
Attached Images
File Type: gif back of shield.gif (2.9 KB, 7 views)