Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-16-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Castlevania Cosplay Idea--seeking advise

Okay all--I need some advice from some fellow gamers!

Let me just say I LOVE Castlevania, specifically SotN, and was planning a Richter Belmont costume for a convention coming up at the end of May. Is it too obscure? Cosplay isn't as much fun when no one has any idea who you are.. ^_^;

Let me know if you all think it's a good idea or not?
BayushiKachiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2003, 04:19 PM   #2
makio
resident slacker

-falls over- FINALLY! ANOTHER ONE!

First of all... I'm absolutely exhilarated that there's other fans of Castlevania in Florida! I've been trying for a couple months now to get other cosplayers to do a themed Castlevania cosplay with me... and save for one person who was kind enough to respond with wanting to do Alucard's fairy from SotN; I didn't get a positive response!

...second, I'd love to cosplay Castlevania too, if you're referring to JACON as that convention mentioned; especially since I'm almost done with Juste Belmont from Harmony of Dissonance. Keep me informed!!
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2003, 11:00 PM   #3
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Huzzah! I'm not alone!

And yes, JACON is indeed the convention I speak of! Now if we could only get a Trevor and/or Simon...mwa ha ha ha!

I've thought about making a Maria Costume as well...Whatcha think? Richter or Maria?
Unread 04-16-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

Hmm, I wish I could do, I'm a real big fan of the series....argh, convention's too far away. Personally I'm more of a Richter fan, but you should do what would most make you happy.
Unread 04-17-2003, 12:13 AM   #5
makio
resident slacker

Gotta agree there... though if you're Maria, I could remake my old Richter costume instead of finishing off Juste.
Unread 04-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #6
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Thanks to both of you for your help and feedback! ^_^!!

I decided on Richter, since I'm going to be sort of pressed for time and money to construct this costume, and the only thing I'll need to make really is the coat. Now, might either of you know where I could find a not-so-expensive whip? I have a cheapy Halloween prop, and am considering making one of Rope and braiding leather around it, but I'm not certain yet. I super appreciate your help!

Oh yeah! To Makio, we might have a Maria, if I can con my friend into going to..well, the con. Aheh. ^.^;; I'm so excited about this ^_^!!
Unread 04-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #7
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Oh yeah...Makio? Were you at MegaCon this year? Just wondering if you were, if I saw ya.
Unread 04-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #8
DigitalCactus
Feels good man.

Sigh.. Maria's hot... LoL My friend once thought Alucard was a "hot chick" LMAO. www.bioweapons.com... Id check that out cuz if I were cosplaying as Richter, I'd sculpt his armour out of clay first then fibreglass the hell out of it. But Thats just me.
DigitalCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 09:49 PM   #9
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Linky no worky. Send again? ^_^ If I have time, I might go for both costumes (Richter and Maria). And what armor did Richter wear? I don't recall any from Symphony of the Night.
Unread 04-18-2003, 04:36 AM   #10
makio
resident slacker

BayushiKachiko - I was at Megacon as Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear XX. As for the bullwhip, I bought mine for my Castlevania costume from eBay. "PineRidge7.com" (one of the online stores) sells them at a decent price. Since you're going as Richter, I could make a Juste costume to complement it... I'll wear it on Saturday.
Unread 04-18-2003, 11:35 AM   #11
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Huzzah! There was much rejoicing! This will be my first con where I'll be part of a 'matched set.' LOL.
Unread 04-18-2003, 03:46 PM   #12
Ashurachan
now behind the lens

Just a nice Castlevania cosplay (Japan Expo, Paris, july 2002) :
http://shinbun.japan-expo.com/photos/gr-castle.jpg
(yes, they're a family)
Ashurachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 04:12 PM   #13
makio
resident slacker

I have to admit, that's one of the best (if not the best) Castlevania cosplay groups and costumes I've seen on the net thus far. It's damnably near movie quality! I hope mine turns out even remotely decent in comparison to theirs!

EDIT:
BayushiKachiko - I stopped by the store for red fabric, but it they don't seem the carry the kind I'm looking for... If all else fails, I'll try to make Alucard or something in time.

Last edited by makio : 04-18-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Unread 04-18-2003, 04:36 PM   #14
BayushiKachiko
Lvl. 10 CLR| Lvl. 4 PALY

Very nice! I think we could rival that though. ^_^ My friend is interested in going as Maria, too. Might anyone have the full body image of her?

And thanks for the link, Makio =)

And do you have a pic of Juste? I've not yet seen the game! *cry*

Also...I'm just full of additions today...what sort of Fabric are ya looking for? Have any suggestions on a type I could use for my coat? I know it'll need to be something probably as heavy as denim.

Last edited by BayushiKachiko : 04-18-2003 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 04-18-2003, 04:40 PM   #15
Ashurachan
now behind the lens

There are not many cosplayers in French cons (especially compared to American cons), but costumes tend to be of high quality... Japan Expo was awesome last year, I must admit... This group finished third (no awards here, just categories... the importance of skits depends on the con, for Japan Expo skits are not very important). The group that finished first was Ragnarok Online, and the costumes were simply incredible :
http://perso.club-internet.fr/nunki/...s/DSC06882.htm
And second was a "Cat Tôninden Teyandee" group (I don't think this anime was shown in the US ? In France it did under the title "Samurai Pizza Cats" though) :
http://perso.club-internet.fr/nunki/...s/DSC06815.htm
Ashurachan is offline   Reply With Quote