Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #316
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by missharkness View Post
Hi peoples, just thought I should introduce myself to all you fellow brits. I live in Manchester and as of yet have no cosplay to call my own. My name is Chelsea or squee-chan as Im sometimes called by my friends. I havn't been to any conventions yet in my life besides a doctor who convention in Birmingham. Just because its expensive to travel down south where most cons are. But I hope to go to collectormania some time in my life. I can't make my own cosplay because I have no access to a sewing machine but hopefully if I save up then maybe I can afford to buy some of somebody who wont scam me (its happened before) Anyway I hope to meet more people who live around me so maybe we could become friends and I could get some advice for my first cosplay.
Hi Chelsea, as you will discover there are loads of cosplayers in Manchester. I hope you manage to link up sometime and make new friends. Watch out in this UK section for meet- ups.
Per cosplay I would like to say don't wait for a sewing machine. Most of my Sailor Mars costume is hand sewn, and you can make some costumes by 'adjusting' bought items which almost match for what you want. I would say pick a character and costume that you love cos then you will really enjoy your cosplay so much more.
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #317
missharkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter72 View Post
Hi missharkness, i am new to the cosplay thing, i am planning on improving my tails cosplay so i can be more recognisable for next year's london october expo ^^. oh and because i am a tails fan, i often get called 'Sir Tails' or just 'Tails' by my friends XD. Hope you find a cosplay to call your own
hehe, why hello there sir tails *bows* Tails is so cute I hope your cosplay improving goes well!
missharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #318
Shadowhunter72
A Huge Tails Fan :D

thanks XD and hope to see you at a future london expo ^^
Accel- Power Stone(Definitely)
Humanised version of Typhlosion(Maybe)
Lucario- Pokemon(Maybe)
Altair Tails- Miles "Tails" Prower Variant(Most likely)
Matt Prower-Original Character (Definitely )
Costumes in progress:
Humanised version of Tails- Sonic-65%(Re-doing the whole thing)
Shadowhunter72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #319
Omegaia

Hai Everyone I've never cosplayed before but one of my best friends does, and I'm really into the idea of doing it...I live near'ish to coventry almost 21 love one piece death note dbz bleach naruto etc

Is there many conventions and parties for cosplayers of the UK??
Unread 11-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #320
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaia View Post
Is there many conventions and parties for cosplayers of the UK??
Well there are the MCM Expo's for starters
Link here http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/index.php

May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #321
ballet shoes
candy holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by missharkness View Post
Hi peoples, just thought I should introduce myself to all you fellow brits. I live in Manchester and as of yet have no cosplay to call my own. My name is Chelsea or squee-chan as Im sometimes called by my friends. I havn't been to any conventions yet in my life besides a doctor who convention in Birmingham. Just because its expensive to travel down south where most cons are. But I hope to go to collectormania some time in my life. I can't make my own cosplay because I have no access to a sewing machine but hopefully if I save up then maybe I can afford to buy some of somebody who wont scam me (its happened before) Anyway I hope to meet more people who live around me so maybe we could become friends and I could get some advice for my first cosplay.
Hi *waves* There are quite a few of us Mancunian cosplayers and there are quite a few regular meet ups that happen every month or so (if theres no word on here also check cosplayisland). There are a few one day cons that are affordable to get to from Manc such as midlands expo and thought bubble in Leeds which is next Saturday. The next xollectormania isnt going to be for a long time yet

Hmmmm have you not thought about altering existing clothes that you have? Or choosing a character that wears civilian clothes?? (Death Note would be a great one to choose for this)

Emma Frost - X Men
Noel Vermillion - Blaz Blue
Hope Esthiem - Final Fantasy XIII
Black Cat - Amazing Spiderman
ballet shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2008, 07:01 AM   #322
Ginger_Rikku

Hello,

My nickname is Rikku, I am now 20. I have only ever been to one convention which was TOKONATSU 2008. hoping to go to more and will definately be bringing my berserker outfit once it is almost finished.

I am a fan of all lolita styles (currently setting up a Lolita Day in Aberystwyth) and I am also a Larper (Live Action Roleplayer).

i am also an art/ drama student and enjoy experimenting with media make-up.
Ginger_Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #323
ballet shoes
candy holic

Hi Rikku, Im Jacqui 23 from the glorious chester of man. Whereabouts in the country do you reside?? I have a huge interest in japanese fashion too. Although I admire lolita Im more into VK and harajuku street fashion, though Id quite like to try the male equivilant of lolita some day. Hope you have a good time on the forums!!

Emma Frost - X Men
Unread 11-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #324
Ginger_Rikku

currently i am living in Aberystwyth which is pretty much in the west midlands of wales.
I also agree that Harajuku & Visual Kei are very shiny (thinks of Dir En Grey, eeee.....)

Ah yes, the boystyle, Ouji-lolita. It is really interesting ^_^

Hehe thank you btw ^_^
Ginger_Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #325
Mollins

I should probably introduce myself here (I've had this accoutn since 2006, but it didn't get used much :P)

I'm Mollins, I'm 18 and live with my boyfriend Lee.
Originally from Scotland (wewt!), but at the moment, I live in a place called Featherstone in West Yorkshire, which is about 15-30 minutes away from Leeds.

Love industrial and EBM, it's great music, and the clothes to go with it, absolutely love 'em.

Like a fair few anime and manga things, but if I'm being honest it has been a long time since I watched an anime or read a manga, as I'm spending more and more time on batman comics and what not (actually got a batman tattoo)

Ummmmm, I also love steampunk, and EGA, I would dress like that every day if I had t he resources!

So, Aye, I'm Mollins, hello!
Mollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 06:16 AM   #326
Kem2000

Just Signed up at last!

I'm Kelsey (aka Kem2000, Kemiko), I'm 20 and from Staffordshire, which seems to be a dead area with regards to cosplaying, lol

Started cosplaying last year at the October MCM Expo 07 as Kadaj, that was a Bought costume though.

Since then i've made my costumes (Sweeney Todd and the Joker) and have attended all the MCM Expo's since last year and currently plan to do so for next year.

I have more interest in the gaming side of cosplaying though I do like anime ( current favourite series has to be Elfen Lied)

Currently working on getting Nurse Joker and Knight Templar from assassins creed (part of a duo cosplay) for MCM May 08 and planning out Raiden (MGS4) for October 08!
Kem2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #327
Shadowhunter72

Hi there Kem and welcome awesome to hear you're going to do the knight templar cosplay ^^ , im not gonna be there for may, but i will be going again next year october
Lucario- Pokemon(Maybe)
Costumes in progress:
Unread 11-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #328
ballet shoes
candy holic

Mollins: Welcome!! I love EBM, industrial, Noize, etc etc and have been into the cyber scene for years!! If you ever go to Infest any year then pm me

Emma Frost - X Men
Unread 11-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #329
tenshiXkichigai

Hey!
I'm Kichigai, and im new to cosplaying XD!
I've just started uni and some amazing friends who love it got me hooked!!
I'm currently making a costume of Alys from Daemonium, and i'm seriously planning a Yukina costume (from YYH). Anyone going to Kitacon in April?? Should be very fun!!!!

xxxxxx
tenshiXkichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #330
Shadowhunter72

Hi there, ^^ im not going there, as im not sure where that is ^^;.....im just gonna stick with the london expo for now though hope you have a blast at kitacon
Lucario- Pokemon(Maybe)
Costumes in progress: