Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #451
Ranma 1-2

I like Midlands as well as the London show. It's not as big but it is still a great atmosphere especially for cosplayers.

Zoku-chan if you want to see UK photoshoots check out 'Cosplay Island' - this is almost entirely UK cosplayers. It's also where a lot of UK cosplayers choose to linkup, talk, share pics etc. If you are wanting to connect with UK cosplay this is a good place to go..
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2009, 03:37 AM   #452
Urban Fox
Smooth criminal my ass

Oooops I forgot to post here.

I'm new to the whole con & cosplay thang but I'm hoping to be at the London Expo next month.
Urban Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #453
SamanthaKaiba
Dedicated Gamer

Hi everyone im a UK cosplayer...only started and havent been to any cons but I will get there hopefully....im Samantha, 21 and in Middlesbrough
SamanthaKaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #454
Ranma 1-2

Hi Samantha. The next cosplay events coming up are London Expo and Fuyu Con both in October. ..Unfortunately they are the same weekend..24 - 25 Oct.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 09-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #455
Matsuri1

Are there many cosplayers in the Dudley / West Midlands area? I've always wanted to get into cosplaying but my family and friends are not into manga and anime let alone cosplaying. I'm now 27 and happily married with two kids (who are the only ones who enjoy dressing up-my eldest is 4 and really wants a Mew Mew outfit!lol) and i've felt for years that i'm missing out on all the cosplay fun!!!! Im actually looking forward to Halloween as an excuse to dress up!

Help!!!

Becky

Last edited by Matsuri1 : 09-16-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Matsuri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #456
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuri1 View Post
Are there many cosplayers in the Dudley / West Midlands area? I've always wanted to get into cosplaying but my family and friends are not into manga and anime let alone cosplaying. I'm now 27 and happily married with two kids (who are the only ones who enjoy dressing up-my eldest is 4 and really wants a Mew Mew outfit!lol) and i've felt for years that i'm missing out on all the cosplay fun!!!! Im actually looking forward to Halloween as an excuse to dress up!

Help!!!

Becky
Hi Becky, I don't know how many of us there are..but yes there are cosplayers around this area.
I tend to cosplay and meet up mostly at cosplay events, Expo's, Cons etc, and do a lot of chatting making friends, sharing cosplay tips etc on the online forums. If you want to chat and generally make friends with other UK cosplayers then 'CosplayIsland' is a better place as a lot of us post more regularly there.
Link http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/forum

The next big cosplay events coming up are London Expo and Fuyucon both in October. Unmissable if you love to cosplay and meet with other cosplayers.
http://www.londonexpo.com/
http://www.fuyucon.org/
..but if you want to go in cosplay get sewing fast, cos you only have a few weeks left.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-06-2009, 05:04 AM   #457
choas princess
The time princess

Ellos I'm Sladjana -_-" name is a nightmare to say, have a go.
I'm only 15 years old and I have only started going to cosplay science Feb and at the first expo -_-" I got lost T^T but my friends found me lol but I think there is noooooo problem with elder people doing it ^_^.
choas princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #458
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

hi everyone! my name is olivia and i live somewhere in england~
i love to cosplay and the professor layton series is pretty much my life! well, it is my life!
i like to meet and talk to new people ^^

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 10-26-2009 at 03:03 PM.
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #459
NekoShuffle!
Cosplay.com Happy Cat!

Oooh, another introduction! Hello, I'm NekoShuffle! I'm from Brighton, I haven't cosplayed yet, but I cant wait for MCM May 2010 which is gonna be really good and I hope to see a lot of you down there. I'm quite hyperactive, I have a lot of N-R-Geeee and I don't act my age much ^^;; I love meeting new people and cosplayers I've met at the past MCMs I've been too have been so friendly and awesome that I'd love to meet more of them and just generally have a great time!

...Typed quite a bit in that paragraph. Hope to see you around! =^__^=
NekoShuffle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #460
startingfromnow
Danielle

Ok, well, I'm pretty certain I haven't introduced myself ... My name's Danielle, and I live around the High Wycombe area? Very close to Windsor? I'm 15 and I did my first cosplay for Expo just gone, I was Ami from Toradora ^^ I'm really looking forward to May Expo - I'd love to make cosplay friends but I'm very shy. I'll scamper up, ask for a photo (I tend to somehow manage to spot cosplayers in the middle of conversations, so I'll float around anxiously for a while), squee/durrhurr for a bit, then scurry off ;; Please, if you see me, start a conversation! I don't bite!

In May I'll be cosplaying either Belgium or Punk!Igiko depending on the weather - I hope I can meet up with other Hetalians there ^^

Long intro. Sorry about that.
Cure Pine
startingfromnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #461
ballet shoes
candy holic

Yay lots of new UK people!! Enjoy your stay!!

Emma Frost - X Men
Noel Vermillion - Blaz Blue
Hope Esthiem - Final Fantasy XIII
Black Cat - Amazing Spiderman
ballet shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #462
Captine Zen

Wink

Hi, Well, I'm new here and in the cosplay world also, I'm looking forward to 2010 con so I can be there as Photochooter, and maybe as cosplayer if I'm improved, well crossplayer to be specific.
Ano, Minna-san, Douzo Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu
Captine Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #463
emROARS
Hitman

Hi my name is Emily, i'm 17 and I live in the south east of Wales. (it's basically the valley area of abergavenny and such. Not a long train journey to Cardiff).

I've never done cosplaying before, nor been to a con. It's A)Because of my parents and B)I'm not excatly that well off so. =/ I'd love to cosplay and if given the chance i'd do an ANBU cosplay with the scrolls, shiny material, chains, cool mask and kimono fabric. I'd love that.

Although I have been invited to go to the bristol con next year so. =D
emROARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #464
Ranma 1-2

Yeah Hi to all the new people. ^_^

@ Emily - I hope you make it to the Bristol con and have a great time. Also hope you make some cosplay friends esp some near to where you live. Parents allways worry about our kids. We can't help it. But apart from that, if they know you will be safe they shouldn't mind you cosplaying, it is a really fun and creative thing to be involved in.

Best wishes, all. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #465
ShikariNara
Crazy Girl Gamer

Hey, I'm Catrin and I'm 15. I went to the midlands expo this year as Konan, and hopefully will have my Vaati costume ready for next year!
ShikariNara is offline   Reply With Quote