Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #46
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!
 
Joey_AKA_LD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 121
Yay for UK Cosplayers ^^

Im one of the rare breed of cosplayers in the UK known as Kigurumi, called Leigh, from the North West ^^ I was originally planning to make my con debut at Anime Expo but my plans kinda fell through at the last min so hopefully my first con will be Fuyucon *crosses fingers*
__________________
Current List of costumes:
Leigh, Konata (Lucky Star), Jeanette, Anna, Bubblegum, Alize, Saharah, Emiko, Erika (pokemon), Rei aka Sailor Mars
Coming soon:
Renamon (Digimon), Fruitsalad, Jeanette new face
Joey_AKA_LD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-27-2007, 06:45 AM   #47
Otto99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4
Hi
I am Otto99 and i am very new to cosplay.
I am from the east midland, leicester and hoping to turn up to a event.
Just trying to put togather a costume.
Otto99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #48
PrinceMark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
Egads! When did we get this?!!?
XD I have been using Cosplay.Com for years and never used the forums for a lack of UK area, we finally get one I miss it! Typical! XD

Anyway, I am PrinceMark/PrincessMark.

Some of you may know me as the Cosplay Columnist for NEO magazine, or as the Cosplay Coordinator for October Expo and Midlands Expo.

I have been cosplaying for a little while now, but don't talk
about my first costumes as they were pretty hideous! XP
I live in Cambridge, England and work for <Undisclosed Games Company>

You'll find me at pretty much every event there is, often sporting blonde hair and glasses!

Nice to see UK cosplayers banding together.
PrinceMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #49
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...
 
Leadmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,204
I know, its about time UK cosplay got better recongnition!
__________________
Next Convention
London Comic Con - May '13

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 07:50 AM   #50
PrinceMark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadmill View Post
I know, its about time UK cosplay got better recongnition!
Well to be fair to the Cosplay.Com guys, it's only been in the last year that it's been big enough *for* recognition.

It used to only be 2 big events a year, with a handful of cosplayers in attendence. Nothing compared to the popularity of Cosplay in other countries.

When I went to Anime Expo in LA last year, a lot of people didn't even realise we *had* conventions/events in the UK, let alone cosplayers. :P

We are only a tiny little island after all

Still, it's nice that we have a place to gather now
PrinceMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #51
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!
 
Joey_AKA_LD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 121
Wow, I didnt know you came here too, Mark ^^ hehe, btw, thanks for putting the pic of me in the cosplay part of Neomag before ^^ I sent another recently of my Pokemon outfit to Neomag
__________________
Current List of costumes:
Leigh, Konata (Lucky Star), Jeanette, Anna, Bubblegum, Alize, Saharah, Emiko, Erika (pokemon), Rei aka Sailor Mars
Coming soon:
Renamon (Digimon), Fruitsalad, Jeanette new face
Joey_AKA_LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #52
ballet shoes
candy holic
 
ballet shoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_AKA_LD View Post
Yay for UK Cosplayers ^^

Im one of the rare breed of cosplayers in the UK known as Kigurumi, called Leigh, from the North West ^^ I was originally planning to make my con debut at Anime Expo but my plans kinda fell through at the last min so hopefully my first con will be Fuyucon *crosses fingers*

Wow wasn't there was a picture of you in NEO?? (EDIT there was I knew it!! (sorry just read your recent post)

Anyways my names Jacqui and I'm from Manchester. I'm pretty damn new to cosplay due to lack of confidence to do it and lack of friends who are also into it. Fortunately a few of my friends are also getting heavily into it and were going to London EXPO in October, were going as an Eva group one day (I'll be Rei) and for the next were doing our own thing. I'm going as Shuichi from Gravitation and my best friend who certainly wasn't into cosplay before asked me if he could be my Yuki after watching the entire series of Gravitation in one night. I of course said yes as he'd look amazing as him.

I really want to go to Birmingham (as its actually not that far away from me) as Near from Death Note so if anybody needs one please let me know!

I'm really happy that I found this syb forum as its hard to find UK cosplayers.
__________________
Throughout the projects!! Working on:

Emma Frost - X Men
Noel Vermillion - Blaz Blue
Hope Esthiem - Final Fantasy XIII
Black Cat - Amazing Spiderman
ballet shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #53
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!
 
Joey_AKA_LD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballet shoes View Post
Wow wasn't there was a picture of you in NEO?? (EDIT there was I knew it!! (sorry just read your recent post)

Anyways my names Jacqui and I'm from Manchester. I'm pretty damn new to cosplay due to lack of confidence to do it and lack of friends who are also into it. Fortunately a few of my friends are also getting heavily into it and were going to London EXPO in October, were going as an Eva group one day (I'll be Rei) and for the next were doing our own thing. I'm going as Shuichi from Gravitation and my best friend who certainly wasn't into cosplay before asked me if he could be my Yuki after watching the entire series of Gravitation in one night. I of course said yes as he'd look amazing as him.

I really want to go to Birmingham (as its actually not that far away from me) as Near from Death Note so if anybody needs one please let me know!

I'm really happy that I found this syb forum as its hard to find UK cosplayers.
hehe ^^ thanks for noticing. Im proud of that not just because I was in the mag, but because of the responces and attention it brought to Kigurumi on both Neos forums and with a letter to the magazine in the issue after I was in as well. Also, cool ^^ I aint that far from Manchester myself (Im in Blackburn ), nice to always meet other north west cosplayers. As for London Expo in October, that one actually slipped my mind until you said it, so there might be a slight chance of me being there too
__________________
Current List of costumes:
Leigh, Konata (Lucky Star), Jeanette, Anna, Bubblegum, Alize, Saharah, Emiko, Erika (pokemon), Rei aka Sailor Mars
Coming soon:
Renamon (Digimon), Fruitsalad, Jeanette new face
Joey_AKA_LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #54
ballet shoes
candy holic
 
ballet shoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_AKA_LD View Post
hehe ^^ thanks for noticing. Im proud of that not just because I was in the mag, but because of the responces and attention it brought to Kigurumi on both Neos forums and with a letter to the magazine in the issue after I was in as well. Also, cool ^^ I aint that far from Manchester myself (Im in Blackburn ), nice to always meet other north west cosplayers. As for London Expo in October, that one actually slipped my mind until you said it, so there might be a slight chance of me being there too
Yes I actually just dug out my issues of NEO and found the letter that you mentioned! That was extremely cool

Ah Blackburn that isn't far away at all! Hope to bump into you in the near future
__________________
Throughout the projects!! Working on:

Emma Frost - X Men
Noel Vermillion - Blaz Blue
Hope Esthiem - Final Fantasy XIII
Black Cat - Amazing Spiderman
ballet shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #55
Joey_AKA_LD
Co-Master of Insanity!
 
Joey_AKA_LD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballet shoes View Post
Yes I actually just dug out my issues of NEO and found the letter that you mentioned! That was extremely cool

Ah Blackburn that isn't far away at all! Hope to bump into you in the near future
hehe, well I thought the Publicity to Kigurumi was nice, given theres only around 3 of us in the UK currently, so getting it out there helped some learn of its existance.

Hehe, I hope I bump into you too in the near future, but the main problem is I havent even been out in public yet in kig, as Ild need a escort to help me around, plus pic taking
__________________
Current List of costumes:
Leigh, Konata (Lucky Star), Jeanette, Anna, Bubblegum, Alize, Saharah, Emiko, Erika (pokemon), Rei aka Sailor Mars
Coming soon:
Renamon (Digimon), Fruitsalad, Jeanette new face
Joey_AKA_LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 02:52 AM   #56
lex_is_evil
Lex
 
lex_is_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12
Oooohhh Yay.. Uk forums!!!

Well, I'm Lex and i've been cosplaying for about 4 years now...(wow it didn't realise it was that long!). I'm from sussex and I am currently studying physics.

Recently went to London expo and it was really impressive to see how many cosplayers there where, the numbler has increased so dramaticically since going to my first expo.

I'm also registered to go to Amecon. Hope to see some of you there!
__________________
Totally Addicted To Clamp!

2008 Cosplay Schedule:-

London MCM Expo May 2008
Sakura - Dream Dress (Prologue) - Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles

Amecon 2008
Serenade - Eternal Sonata
Caterina Sforza - RKO Uniform - Trinity Blood
lex_is_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #57
Claire Fun
Registered User
 
Claire Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
Hi all, I'm new to cosplay and have only 'part cosplayed' in kimono - not as actual characters but to show my love of Japanese stuff in general. My main problem I think is that I'm rather shy, but also that I'm recently 30!!! and feel that I might be a bit too old to do it...or at very least old to start it. I have no friends into it either, though I'm starting to meet a few people at Expos & the like.

At May's Expo (my 5th or 6th) I wore kimono and my nephew dressed as Link, I think for the October Expo I might go as Tsunade from Naruto as she is an older character anyway - and has...hmmm...similar pyhsique to mine Apart from her, I'm considering Matsumoto from Bleach - for similar reasons - and looking out for any others I could pull off. I'm too old and curvy to be Misa, or Sakura, or any other 'girlies'! I'm not cosplaying at JapanEx I think, because I'm hoping to be trying & buying some more kimonos...

Oh yes and I live in Kent, am married (hubby is vaguely considering cosplaying too) and have a 2 year old boy who enjoys Chobits and recognises Kakashi from pictures, so he's getting a good start in life Nice to meet you all!
Claire Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #58
TGRH
Vinneh
 
TGRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Fun View Post

Oh yes and I live in Kent, am married (hubby is vaguely considering cosplaying too) and have a 2 year old boy who enjoys Chobits and recognises Kakashi from pictures, so he's getting a good start in life Nice to meet you all!
ooo Yay for Kent people!
__________________
Planned Conventions:
May MCM London 2010 Saturday
TGRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #59
GrImmortal
Vampire zombie ninja
 
GrImmortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Holy crap, other UKers!

I did not know we had this forum.

Last edited by GrImmortal : 05-31-2007 at 01:58 PM.
GrImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2007, 02:50 PM   #60
XMoonLilyX
Registered User
 
XMoonLilyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 146
Oppsie....double post. Ignore this one!
__________________
Cosplays for this year:
Chi - Chobits - 100%
Maya Fey - Phoenix Wright - 100%
Roxas (Org xiii) - Kingdom Hearts II - 100%
Young Phoenix - Phoenix Wright (T+T) - 100%
Raziel - Angel Sanctuary - 100%
Fred Weasley - Harry Potter - 100%
Wolfram - Kyou Kara Maou -100%
Ariel (Blue Dress) - The Little Mermaid - 100%
Eternal Sailor Saturn - 100%

Planned Events:
Oct Expo
Auchinawa
Kitacon
XMoonLilyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.