Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 04-16-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Animania Brisbane 07

Alrighty, who's going and who are you going as?

It took me by surprise that it's a two day event, so I'm not sure who I'm going to cosplay on the second day, but I'm aiming for Kahz from Devil Kings on the first day. Fear my curly samurai helmet!! XD
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Jequila
Too busy

When I went to animania last year I was pretty dissapointed. There was very little there, and someone stole my white gold braclet ($600) when I took it off to draw. Someone must have swiped it when it was right next to me D:

Although last year was a total bust for me, I'm probably going this year just to hang around with my new cosplay buddies... People are saying that they want another KH/FF takeover, so I'll eather do Axel again or someone else in Org XIII. -lazy-
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

Hopefully I can make it, and make it Walking *rolls eyes* stupidoperationbeingsoclosetoanimania >o>

Well depending on if I'm walking or not, I'll be there in cosplay as per usual.

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:07 AM   #4
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Well I'm currently going as Lethe from Fire Emblem: Path of Radience. I feel kind of bad doing it because I havent played the game/know a lot about it -_-; *hits self with hypocrite stick* But yeah cosplaying her and not sure what I'm doing Sunday. But it'll just be a repeat costume, nothing new. Either Zelda or Misao. I'm more worried about how the event will pull off. The event area is pretty crap >o>;;;; So smallllll
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
Melanie

What a depressing thread... I'm sorry that I started it! XD

OMG, Jequila! I never heard about that happening! Did you tell the event organisers? I'd always thought that cons would be the one place you could feel safe that nothing would get swiped... until right now.
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:09 AM   #6
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Crap! thats what I was going to type as well in my post, stupid too many windows open at once >O< but yesh, It was about your chain Jequila, that must of been so horrible to happen Especially losing something as pricey as that! Stupid theives! *shakes fist* Thats so scary that it can be so easily swiped. :| I really do hope something like that doesnt happen to you again, or anybody else.
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
Jequila
Too busy

I don't think I told the organisers, as I didn't know who they were or how to contact them, but I told some people (can't remember who) and the hotel, they said nothing came up :/ I guess it doesn't really matter though, as insurance was nice enough to cover it and I got new stuff ^^ But still, it was my 16th Birthday presant from my parents =<

I wonder why Animania is held somewhere so small anyway o_o When I went last year, I was convinced that there was another area that no one was telling me about xD
Unread 04-18-2007, 04:32 AM   #8
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Well it's good that you had insurance for it. But the fact that the first bracelet was from someone close to you the new one wouldnt feel as good.

Yeah I thought that as well when I first went but alas there isn't any secret room -_-; I really hate the location, I feel like I'm just going to someones costume party only theres no party food. Only good thing is the water table. Well maybe they have something up their sleeve this time? One can only hope *prays*
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
Jequila
Too busy

Were there even any stalls? I only remember a DVD table that had a few shirts as well, and a couple of artist tables... I hope they've grown a little this year.

Alot of people are begging for another Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy takeover, but I feel kinda bad all the people who don't like those games :/ There's going to be alot less room to escape us this time.
Unread 04-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
Melanie

Hehehee! It wouldn't be a proper "take-over" if we could escape you. XD
Unread 04-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #11
Tayels
Like a Watermelon

^_______________________^

I'll be going as Zexion wif Jequila >w<
Tayels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #12
Jequila
Too busy

Tayels! Yes, axel gets to be Zexion and Roxas's Pimp for the day ;D I'd get a pimp cane or something, but I wouldn't be able to hold it with my Chakrams... Which I still need to fix up a little.

What day's is everyone going? I'll probably only come on the Saturday, unless they've upgraded or something.
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:40 AM   #13
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

I just went to the website to check the prices..I..have a feeling...that not a lot..of people...will want to pay this amount to get in...

BRISBANE MAY

Standard (13 Years +) Saturday /Sunday /Weekend
Pre-Register $20.00 /$20.00 /$25.00
Door Sales $25.00 /$25.00 /$35.00
Child* (5-12 Years) Saturday /Sunday/ Weekend
Pre-Register $10.00 /$10.00 /$15.00
Door Sales $10.00 /$10.00 /$15.00

Saturday Pass: All day Saturday (Approximately 10am to 4pm).
Sunday Pass: All day Saturday (Approximately 10am to 4pm).

Could I pass as a 12 year old? ^^; Pre reg closes 11:59pm, Friday, 27th April

Does anyone else think this is a complete ripoff? Anyone want to complain with me?
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:41 AM   #14
Melanie

Ouch! What, are they giving us solid gold badges?! They'd better be offering a bit more of an event for those prices!

Hey, complaining is what I do best! Do you really think we could get them to change it through a constant stream of carefully-worded abuse?

(You're totally right, SK... it does feel like a costume party, only there's less to do! XD)
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #15
Jequila
Too busy

$25 for one day? I can accept that for larger con, but Animania? Hell no. We should start our own xP Oh well, not like there's anything else there to waste my money on anyway. -coughlackofstallscough-