Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 04-19-2007, 07:15 AM   #16
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Some bling bling badges~ I'ld pay $25 for one of them. XD

But yeah, total rip off price. If they actually were a decent location then it would be worth the money..but...it's...just..so...crap... >_o Sydney prices look just as killer! $40 for entry for just ONE DAY! :| :| :|

I'm finding it hard to type a note to them without totally flamming about the location of the con =/ ^^;

We should hold our own costume party in the hotel and direct everyone there and it would probably end up being better hahahahah XD
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2007, 07:17 PM   #17
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Our party would have chips and cheerios! Soooo should do it... Seishin-Con, I like it! XD

If they held it at a community hall or something, not only would it be more spaceous, they could charge less. I bet that stupid hotel floor costs a FORTUNE to rent out!

$40 for one day?! WTF?! I could get a hooker for less. XD
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #18
Jequila
Too busy

Is Sydney better or something? Everyone I talk to that's been has said it was awesome. And you actually wrote them an email? =o What did you say?

But yeah, I have no idea why they have it in a Hotel o_o And I wonder how hard it is to get Madman and Tamarket and such to come. Anyone know the name of that new con someone's starting up in Melbourn or Sydney? I've totally forgotten, but I hope they make it up here one day.
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #19
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

Yeah, Sydney is better. There still isn't that much to do there, but its at a better venue and they have a lot more crap to buy etcetera.
*shrugs*
There has been talk of a cosplay ball coming up here, but we don't know if people would actually come or not. ...

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 03:05 AM   #20
Jequila
Too busy

=O Whoa, spread the word and I'm sure people will come! I'd drag along most of the KH and FF gang (hopefully with different costumes by then...) so there's about 20 people.
What would go on at a cosplay ball though? ...Dancing? x)
Unread 04-20-2007, 04:11 AM   #21
Melanie

There better be dancing! XD

Yeah, you just need the right sort of promotional strategy, and people would come. Now, if only you knew someone who worked in marketing and promotions...
Unread 04-20-2007, 04:30 AM   #22
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

oh there will be dancing, you can count on that! *grabs raving sticks* XD

Well actually I think a family friend of mine works in the promotional and event orginising business. I might ask up about that *ponders*
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #23
Jequila
Too busy

Yay~ Sounds like alot of fun ^^ Any idea when (if?) this would be happening?
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #24
Mucai
Magical Girl

Animania costs that much because they are NOT a not-for-profit organization like every other anime convention in Australia.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 02:54 AM   #25
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequila View Post
Yay~ Sounds like alot of fun ^^ Any idea when (if?) this would be happening?
If we do it, it should be in winter, so we don't all die of heat exhaustion! XD
Unread 04-21-2007, 06:43 AM   #26
Jequila
Too busy

Ha ha, that sounds like a good idea. I'm horrible in the heat x_x

I guess I can't blame Animania for wanting to make a little profit, but still :/ They're going a bit overboard.
Unread 04-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #27
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

We were going to go for August or November *shrugs* We are currently thinking about what to do and where to have it. We would like to have it at the coffee club auditorium in the showgrounds, but we fear that may be too expensive ^^;; So any suggestions as to where to have it would be great!

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #28
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha-Morgan View Post
We were going to go for August or November *shrugs* We are currently thinking about what to do and where to have it. We would like to have it at the coffee club auditorium in the showgrounds, but we fear that may be too expensive ^^;; So any suggestions as to where to have it would be great!
If it's just going to be a Cosplay Ball, with no stalls or anything, a community or sports club hall would work fine for it. Don't go for the middle of the city, to ensure the rent isn't insane... just pick an inner-city suburb that has good public transport, and you should be on a winner!

You've got fine choices like - Albion/Windsor, Morningside/Cannon Hill or Indooroopilly/Toowong, depending on which side of Brisbane you want it.

(There is a really nice table tennis centre in Windsor that rents its hall out - it's a beautiful big place, but I'm not sure what the transport situation is like around it...)

So, that being said, it wouldn't hurt to do some market research to find out where most of your attendees hail from to help with your decision.

My vote is for Northside, but yeah, I'm like one of two cosplaying northsiders, so I'm not expecting it to be this side of town anyway. XD

Last edited by Melanie : 04-21-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Unread 04-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #29
Jequila
Too busy

Ohh~ That said, the Indooroopilly golf club is really nice. We're going there for our school formal XD You should get a small group together and check them all out, that's what we did. Some of the more expencive places are actually really dodgy -_-

But no chance in having it during some school hollidays? :x Think of us poor grade 12'ers who need to study :< Though, I guess it would be a nice break from schoolwork.

(Oh yeah, and I vote West! xD)
Unread 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #30
Melanie

So I managed to talk my brother's best friend's girlfriend into coming to Animania! It's now our job to turn her into a cosplayer! This will be her first con, so please be gentle with her. XD

Anyhoo, how are everyone's costumes progressing as the weekend gets horrifyingly close?

Mine outright sucks! I seriously hate this costume sooooo much! With the mood this costume puts me in, I will definitely be in character, since the guy is a total bastard. XD

EDIT: Okay, so what's this I hear about a boycott on the Sunday?! O_o;;

Last edited by Melanie : 05-05-2007 at 11:14 AM.