Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 05-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #31
Jequila
Too busy

I'm just reuseing an outfit ;p
And I have no idea D: I've been hearing about it on DA and such... Something about going to a massive photoshoot instead? I wasn't planning on going for the Sunday anyway, so I didn't pay attention.
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #32
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

I'm only making one costume for Animania. I'm trying to decide which costume to re-wear for another day. *ponders* The costume I'm making is Sakura from Street Fighter Alpha. There is no such thing as a plain pleated skirt anymore in dress pattern books. >_< Took me an hour to find one that's half decent that I could work with.-_-;;

Yeah Sunday is planning to be a day in the park [Roma St.] But yeah not 100% sure it's happening. It'll be decided on the weekend more then likely.

Yo, Lev4 did you ever send a comment to the animania staff about the location and price? If so, did you get a responce from them yet?
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 03:34 AM   #33
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Whoa... I would never have picked you for a Sakura cosplayer! O_O

I shan't be boycotting. I have my weekend ticket, and I'm going to use it... might even karaoke if there's no one there to watch!

Nah... I didn't complain. Which is really surprising! I'm kind of curious to see what they're doing for this two day event... if it's two days of the same old crap, then I will complain.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 03:46 AM   #34
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

heheh I've always loved Sakura from Street Fighter XD She's been on my 'to do' list for AGES~~ So now I'm finally getting around to cosplaying it *dances* Leverett might be doing Chun Li with me. We just have to see if we can find some white boots.

I wasn't able to pre-book tickets because their ticket system confuses the heck out of me >_< And they close the pre-booking way too early if you ask me =/

I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me pick a costume for me to re-wear for the 2nd day? [Just go to my gallery to see which ones I have]

Oh and here was me thinking that you did Lev4 ^^; hahaha my bads. Yeah if they haven't changed anything then I'll be joining in with the complaining. *nod*
Unread 05-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #35
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeishinKibou View Post
heheh I've always loved Sakura from Street Fighter XD She's been on my 'to do' list for AGES~~ So now I'm finally getting around to cosplaying it *dances*
Ah, okay!

Quote:
Leverett might be doing Chun Li with me. We just have to see if we can find some white boots.
There's a shoe shop in Morayfield that sells big white boots... I keep walking past them and thinking of Chun Li! XD I think it might be Shoe City (if there's one near where you live)?

Quote:
I wasn't able to pre-book tickets because their ticket system confuses the heck out of me >_< And they close the pre-booking way too early if you ask me =/
I had a lot of trouble running their booking page through Internet Explorer... it kept crashing. I ended up running it through Firefox on the last day.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me pick a costume for me to re-wear for the 2nd day? [Just go to my gallery to see which ones I have]
Just pick one that you haven't worn to Animania before! It's all good! XD

Quote:
Oh and here was me thinking that you did Lev4 ^^; hahaha my bads. Yeah if they haven't changed anything then I'll be joining in with the complaining. *nod*
Yeah, I am famous for being a monumental jerk online... I will not ruin my reputation now! So they'd better be doing something exciting!
Unread 05-06-2007, 05:06 AM   #36
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
There's a shoe shop in Morayfield that sells big white boots... I keep walking past them and thinking of Chun Li! XD I think it might be Shoe City (if there's one near where you live)?
Ooo I'll have to tell Lev *nod* Thank so much~ =3*huggles*

I think I've figured out what I'm going to wear..I think...well you'll see me in Sakura one of the days that's for sure XD
Unread 05-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #37
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

I must say, Shoe City for the win! ^_^ Thats where I get my "good" boots. [Other boots that I mangle are from K-Mart *laughs*, and some others are ebay and American stores XD]

I'm buying my tickets on the day. *laughs* I did not even realize that pre-reg was up until it was over >_<

But I'm with you all. If Animania doesn't get better then I'll join the people complaining.

I haven't heard much about boycotting Brisbane animania either. There was an uprising against Animania down in Sydney hence why SMASH was created. Maybe Animania will wake up to the fact that their conventions kinda suck :P

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 04:30 AM   #38
Leverett

Thanks for the tips on the white boots, Mel =D

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll be making it to Animania this year (again.... =/ ) . For one, it seems to be a P.O.S convention, that provides minimal interest. It's also completely over-priced, and in a crap-hole of a location.

I have many gigs coming up that I want to go to,and money is also uber tight, so I don't think I can afford it right now =/

Maybe I'll go to Animania again when they get a new location and generate more interest and/or can justify their ridiculous ticket price.

I wish there were better conventions in town =(

My other online haunts: -

DeviantArt: http://azellureleverett.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://myspace.com/deathly_tango
Leverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 06:28 AM   #39
Ashe412

Well, I convinced my friend to come to Animania with me (I'll be Kairi and she's gonna be Namine), so I hope its going to be fun! It's our first convention and first cosplay so I hope it will encourage her to continue cosplaying with me!!
Ashe412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #40
Melanie

Hey Ashe! I hope you and your friend will enjoy Animania! I think it's a great con to introduce you to the cosplay scene, since it's so small and friendly.

I hope I'll stand out (if they don't confiscate my helmet... ), so come say hiiiiiii!!!
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:13 PM   #41
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

Welcome to the cosplay world Ashe412~ =D Dont be afraid to say hi =D
Unread 05-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #42
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

Argh! Someone with a similar sort of name! >_< Nah tis cool. Welcome to the cosplay scene, I hope you have fun.

Like the others said, If you see me you can come up and say hi! [I'll probably be with Melanie. But I'll have a mask on]

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #43
Jequila
Too busy

Hi Ashe! I'll be Axel with a group from KH2, so I hope you don't mind if we steal you away for a few photo's with us! ^^
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 02:28 AM   #44
Ashe412

Thanks everyone!!! ^_^ Can't wait to see u all there!!
Ashe412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #45
Fighter Amy

Smile

G'day people.

It will be my first time to Animania this year,
I'm comming as The Rain Card from Cardcaptors.
^^; yeah thats it.