Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 05-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #46
Jequila
Too busy

Oh, the rain is such a cute card! Definitely can't wait to see your costume on the day =]
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2007, 03:06 AM   #47
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Eh heh... so, what did you guys think? ^_^;;
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2007, 04:05 AM   #48
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

If they had a feedback paper thing I would be flaming it with things they need to improove. After 3 years they havn't improoved ANYTHING! I'm not going next year, I'm saving up my time and money for GenCon. Unless they finally realise that it's a dodgy con and decide to fix it.

Geh I really wanted to go complain to them but I cant think up constructive critism on the spot. If I tried it would end with "This con is crap and I want my $35 back" [and that rhymed, XD]

EDIT- I was re-reading my post and it seemed a bit 'too' cold hearted. I just wanted to add that I didnt hate ALL of it, I had a nice time with my friends and such. I was just upset with the pricing of it and it being such a small venue..that is $5 more expensive then SN, which is worth 2 and a half days worth. =/ I just think they need to get a better location and some more stands with things.

Last edited by SeishinKibou : 05-27-2007 at 04:15 AM.
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2007, 04:10 AM   #49
blazinvire
I need a Title

Can't really say, it was my first cosplay thingy so I don't have anything to compare it with. But it was interesting enough, kept me entertained for about 70% of the time I was there, only thing I could complain about at the time was constantly having to lug around a 6 foot sword >.<
Unread 05-27-2007, 04:47 AM   #50
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeishinKibou View Post
If they had a feedback paper thing I would be flaming it with things they need to improove. After 3 years they havn't improoved ANYTHING!
Unfortunately, if no one complains, and the only people giving feedback are the few who enjoyed the event for what it is, the organisers are not going to know that the majority of us are unhappy.

Year after year, we show up thinking it's going to get better, and like chumps, we keep our mouths shut and just hand over our money.

Quote:
I'm not going next year, I'm saving up my time and money for GenCon. Unless they finally realise that it's a dodgy con and decide to fix it.
Same. *nods* This year was the final straw... I know it wasn't just me, 'cause there were a lot of us sitting around feeling sad and drained.

Quote:
Geh I really wanted to go complain to them but I cant think up constructive critism on the spot. If I tried it would end with "This con is crap and I want my $35 back" [and that rhymed, XD]
Poems are good - especially nasty ones! XD
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #51
Mucai
Magical Girl

Animania knows that the majority of people who go to their conventions aren't happy. They don't care. They have been known to delete bad reports off their forums. People have been telling Aurora that Animania has been crap ever since they took over in 2004. All they care about is making money and profiting on something they claim is a not for profit event (despite it being registered to the contrary). They charge a lot more for their events then they need to, and most of the sponsors have family relations to the owners of Aurora. The whole thing reeks of illegal activities.

I wonder if they inflated their attendance count by 10 times yet again.
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #52
Fighter Amy

Be it crap or not, twas my frist time and it was fun!
I liked it.
Did anyone spot me? (big blue thing walking around)
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:35 AM   #53
Jequila
Too busy

It was a little better then last year... but then again I ended up going off with our group for a photoshoot for a while, and then leaving early. It's just too small to keep you entertained all day, let alone a weekend.

I think they seriously need a place for cosplayers to keep props (of if they already have one, let us know?). I talked to so many people who hated that they had to lug around their oversized weapons all day. My chakrams weren't much fun in somewhere so crowded either. I kept poking people in the butt accidentally xD

As a positive, I loved the free water?

@blazinvire: I didn't get to see you! I saw cardboard sword Cloud and gold hair Cloud, but no one with a giant sword =<

@Fighter Amy: I saw you =D And you looked awesome. I was going to comment but you ran away somewhere...
Unread 05-28-2007, 03:12 AM   #54
blazinvire
I need a Title

@Jequila: I was hugging my massive sword in fear of it taking out half the hotel room, but I'm quite sure I saw you and your chakrams around, you prolly weren't paying attention, but we passed each other as you left the screening room.

If I knew I was gonna finish my costume in time I woulda spoke up about there going to be a jerry-rigged cloud having a bad hair day using a 6 foot sword as a walking stick and leaning post (which I might add, did the job famously)
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:02 AM   #55
Jequila
Too busy

Aww, Why didn't you say hello? D: And those things were a pain in the butt to carry around all day. Every time I had an itchy nose or wanted to check out a DVD or something, I had to either ask someone to hold one or balance both of them together :/
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:48 AM   #56
blazinvire
I need a Title

didn't have the courage to... >.<

Next time I'll say hello, whenever next time is

Last edited by blazinvire : 05-30-2007 at 04:29 PM.
blazinvire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 05:31 AM   #57
sailor_gurl91

Hey hey!

Hey there everyone!
First post!!! This was my first ever year at animania, and my second cosplay... I went on sunday as Sailor Moon and my friend was Tuxedo... I thought it was gonna be bigger, but a well, it was fun enough. But was anyone else apsolutely FREEZING or was it just me?
sailor_gurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #58
blazinvire
I need a Title

Well i wasn't freezing, but I didn't go on sunday so I wouldn't know, only thing I've heard about sunday until now was that it was a lot less crowded
Unread 06-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #59
Jequila
Too busy

Aww, I'm a huge Sailor moon fan! Shame I didn't go on the Sunday then. I was freezing in the morning on Saturday, but it got pretty hot later in the day.
Unread 06-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #60
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

*laughs* I had no room to be freezing on the Sunday [Only my nose and chin were out in the open XD] and Saturday I wasn't around long enough to feel it. *shrugs*

Well this was my, what, fourth Animania up in Brisbane [yup, been going to them since they first started], and its still not improved. It's actually alright in Sydney [maybe that because they actually give a crap what Sydney is like unlike Brisbane]. The only thing that makes Animania alright is the chance to cosplay and hang out with friends, but even then, thats a bit much, I can do that anytime I want with my cosplay group [without the cost of a ticket -_-]

I must say though, the judging on the Sunday was a bit screwy [wtf?! A store-bought/Commissioned costume [Phoenix Wright] won over people who had made an actual effort to make their own costumes!! Thats not right. He should never had won that and it shows he isn't man enough to refuse the prize and let them know he did not make it! [He only made the signs in that entire costume! ><]

But like Melanie and SeishinKibou I probably won't go next time. Or maybe we should be spiteful and go in and get to registration and say we aren't paying that much then leave XD We can all go hang out in the Parklands :P

On a good note, it was fun cosplaying! It was good to see other peoples costumes ^_^ and it was good to meet new people and hang out with friends . *laughs* Yes, the free water was good :P

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote