Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 04-17-2003, 02:05 AM   #1
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

Cloud Strife Belt (FF7)

So... Here's my inquiry.

I have a pretty good idea about how to make Cloud Strife's belt and shoulder straps out of brown vinyl... However, I am having a terrible time figuring out what to use for the "silver lining" that goes around the edge of his belt.

I am almost ready to ask someone to commission this piece for me, but before I resort to that, does anyone have any suggestions?

I've attached a picture for your convenience!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cloud.jpg (51.3 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Mizuho : 04-17-2003 at 02:11 AM.
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2003, 11:37 AM   #2
Ihrie

The only thing I can thing off is be really careful, and a get a thin paint brush, and some shiny metallic paint.....

sorry if I'm not much help ^_^;;;
Ihrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 03:14 PM   #3
MordSith
victory!

if all else fails, go browse around in a craft/fabric store and see what they have. if any material will work for it, it just might jump out at you.
MordSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
Catatonic_Van

The first cloud belt I made I used a stomach guard that I had for training back in my karate days. Using upholstry thread and a leather needle I sewed the outlines of the shapes into it. Painted it brown with spray paint then used silver acrylic on the detailing.

http://www.fansview.com/2001/katsucon/0216c526.jpg

eep it's sooo old c-c ::cries over using foam hair::

you could get the same effect by buying some 1 inch foam and covering it with a stretchy vinyl if you can't find a similar belt like I had. You'd probably want to try martial art supply stores.
Catatonic_Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 06:49 PM   #5
lialia
mmm....Lifesavers :P

i read this article earlier but i didnt have any ideas but when i was in jo-anns today looking around when i saw this piping in the upholstry section and i immediately thought it would be perfect for u.

it was fabrib piping stufed with just a little bit and had exess fabric to use for attaching all you would have to do is put a lil spray paint on it, now that i think of it i is teh kinda piping used on the seams of couches... i hope i described it good enuf i feel like finding it
lialia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #6
Alaria
Arrowed!!

Hmm, when ur cutting out the shape of the belt you can leave extra material outlining it, sew that up so its thicker, and paint it silver, or you could shape wire... *scratches head* hai, that's all I can think of at the moment that hasn't already been said ^_^

Last edited by Alaria : 04-17-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Alaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2003, 08:54 PM   #7
Something Lulu
ROCK FACTS

I would think any kind of silver piping or trim would work. Check those sections in any crafts store, and you could probably even glue it onto the belt.
Something Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 01:01 AM   #8
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

Hey, these are pretty good ideas. I like the idea of the upholstery piping, and I'll see if I can find some tomorrow.
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2003, 10:46 AM   #9
MonoyashaJLA
Creature creator

I made my friends sephiroth belt and used Dimentional Fabric Paint (silver Pearl) It was the perfect thing to use, its like paint, but pops up for a 3D shape. Sorry I don't have any pics to show, but you can get this stuff at any arts and Crafts store in the T-shirt decoration section. Yeh, I'm going to make a Cloud belt for my costume too, just need some thick leather or something??
MonoyashaJLA is offline   Reply With Quote