Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 233 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-27-2003, 10:21 AM   #1
cube

For Men: Creating Curves 2: Falsies (aka Fake Boobage)

Simple question difficult answer. How do you make fake boobs?

Unread 01-27-2003, 02:07 PM   #2
TsukiGuujin

Um, one way I know to do it (not always cheap, though) is to go buy a waterbra. Some boys at my school did it, and they looked real enough. Of course, they aren't as big as some, but that shouldn't matter, right?

I am crossplay freak. I might be able to think up some other ideas. PM me and we'll talk.

YES I am a girl myself, but that doesn't mean I can't help boys be girls for a day, right?

*gripes about how much EASIER it is for a boy to crossplay*

~~Tsuki Guujin~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 02:20 PM   #3
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> *gripes about how much EASIER it is for a boy to crossplay*

Actually I would argue it's harder. All a girl has to go is bind. Maybe add shoulder pads.

A guy needs to stuff, pad their hips, and tape, and shave, and find a way to hide any evidence of stubble...

As for a satisfactory answer to the question: do you need to show cleavage? If not get a cheap bra in the size you want (I'd recommend measuring your chest, and going with a size that is the number of inches you get followed by a "C".), and buy some rounded shoulder pads from the fabric store, which you stuff in your bra. It's that easy.
Unread 01-27-2003, 02:29 PM   #4
TsukiGuujin

You know how HARD it can be to strap down these suckers!? O.O

I don't really want them to be smaller....well, sometimes I do.....like when I have to wear VINYL. X.x

~~Tsuki Guujin~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
Arisa
asdfghjkl

It's tough getting them flat. >< Bah. I'm flat-chested, but not so much that I could easily make it appear that I don't have breasts. X_X
Arisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 11:07 PM   #6
Sciguy
Agent R

they sell fake latex breasts at stores like Victoria's Secret and special bras to accompany them. Just buy the size you need and put it in there. Best bet for a tight costume because they have nipples for extra realism. How I know this, not even I want to know...
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 11:51 PM   #7
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Yes, a fake bra and all that is mentioned would be best. If you really REALLy want to go cheap you could always borrow a good friends bra and stuff it with tissue or something... you'd have to be good friends though, lol, and they wouldn't look as good as they would if you just forked over some cash.

It depends on how much you want to spend. ^_^
Unread 02-09-2003, 03:22 AM   #8
Nine
The busty one!

Try to find anything that resemble the size/weight/likeness of breasts. Go to novelty stores and stores that sell things that glow under black lights. That's where I found my falsies. ^^;
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 02:39 PM   #9
coscrew
Overlord of the Crew XD

oh lord... my sidney costume was fun for trying to flatten myself down, i wore this TIGHT TIGHT spandex body suit with the big tatoo on the back, dispite the tightness, i still had boobs -_-;;

i had to do the same with Slash from chrono cross, but that time it was just a t-shirt...

lol, then after the con on the wayhome, we went to future shop to take back a printer.. in costume.. i think the chick at the service couter was trying her hardest not to stare.. XD

http://www.shatteredreality.net/aems...fayeslash2.jpg

good god that's a long url to type...
coscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 05:07 PM   #10
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

Cleavage and stuff

Well i've found a site that tells you how to get cleavage, and some ideas on fake brests...here i'll post the URL

Cleavage Creations
Unread 02-09-2003, 08:18 PM   #11
Nine
The busty one!

The cleavage creation looks paaaainful~! ><
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 08:22 PM   #12
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nine
The cleavage creation looks paaaainful~! ><
^^; ne...its a tad uncomfortable at first...well it was for me at least, i dont know everyone else's pain tollerance.......I got used to it at first....
Unread 02-10-2003, 09:02 PM   #13
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

Wahahaha.. I'm SO happy they made this section! Aahh.. my people =3

How to make your fake boobs, by Jason Balduf (No putting this anywhere with out my name attached!)

Anyway, on to the false boobies! I recently made myself some good ones and they're dirt cheap too! I had read a long time ago about rice, bird seed, etc etc. But I was embarrassed and didn't want to try that, so I kept using winter socks. But somewhat recently I was brave enough to give this a shot once I seen how nice they could look.

I'll do this recipe style! Here's your ingredients!
1 bag of short grain rice (Ideal, but if you cant find it long grain will do)
1 package helium quality ROUND balloons, WHITE.
1 set of funnels

I got all of that in one trip to Walmart. The rice was about 1.30, the balloons about 70 cents, and the funnels were another dollar something. So all and all this will cost 3-4 dollars depending on price, and you can make two sets of boobs! A pair of Cs and a pair of Ds!

Instructions:
Ok, now that you have all this together here's what you do. Blow up two of the white balloons to stretch them out. Next, place one of them over the funnel's spout. Make sure to get the funnel that best seals around your mouth. Why you need this seal will be explained in a bit. Anyway, you do not need to tape the balloon to the funnel, you need somewhere to hold, and this is the best spot. Now comes the filling!

When I was making these, the original instructions were put the rice in a ziplock back, roll it up and stick it in a sock. Didn't seem very well made that way, lots of extra stuff in there to mess with the shape, not to mention poke into your chest over the course of a day. Sure it feels fine when you first put it on, but think about a WHOLE day wearing them, ouch. So I decided that placing the rice into a balloon was the best way to do it, in effect making my own stress balls. Rather large ones though. So the problem was how to get the rice into the balloons. You certainly can't stuff it in there with your finger, I tried that. So I needed to inflate the balloon somehow. Well blowing air into it then getting the rice in wasn't going to work, and the only other way was creating a vacuum outside the balloon. Yeah, I know that's overkill.. you don't need to buy anything like that. In case someone doesn't know what machine I'm talking about, it's the kind flower shops use to put bears into the balloons.

But, before you put the rice into the balloons you need to know how much equals what cup size! The friend who told me about the zippy bag method gave me a rough estimate on cups of rice versus cup size. Two cups of rice equals a C cup. And to get the larger anime chests that some of the girls have, for my second set, I used the rest of the bag. I think it was around 3½ cups to 4 for each breast. I don't know about anything lower than that.. I would guess at 1½ being a B, and A probably a cup or less. But for those you can probably get away with socks.

Here's the secret on how put the rice in! With the funnel inserted into the balloon, measure out your first cup of rice, and pour a little of that into the funnel. You'll have to test the amount to see what fits your face and funnel best, but it's a no brainer. Once you have this fixed, seal the funnel around your mouth, and gently blow the rice through it and into the balloon. This may take a bit of wiggling to get it through the end because it can get a little jammed, but nothing serious has ever happened to me. Once you have all or most of the rice into the balloon, it's time to let the excess air back out. WARNING! Let it pass the seal SLOWLY! Otherwise you'll have rice shooting all over the place, on your floor, up your nose, down your throat.. it's not fun. Repeat this until your allotted amount cups of rice. Then, simply tie it off and voila! You have boobs!

Bra Tips For Your New Boobs!
I recommend a demi bra. If you don't know what this is, go to a bra site and look one up. I don't know a lot about bras yet, but these have the better cup shapes because they have the entire breast area covered, so they make the nice tear drop shape we who lack boobs need. Just don't over fill that bra and you'll be fine.

Anyway, like I said at the top of this message.. I devised this whole process, so please put my name on any repostings of this. A link to my site would be great too!
http://MerleKun.Kumagoro.net

I hope that helps some people! Now that there's a crossplay section, I'll have a better reason to read the forums more often! =3

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #14
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

YES WOOT, good now i dont need to buy fake boobies XD
Unread 02-10-2003, 10:22 PM   #15
Alexia Ikyu
CP.net Photographer

Thank you again Jase. I've try this before, didn't think of blowing the seed through the funnel. Bird seed doesn't taste great. ^_^;