Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 07-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
staleydm01

How to have a feminine look

The male characters in programs are often quite boring so decided when I saw Harry Potter that I wanted to be Ginny at a covention.
I am a young adult but have a face that looks male, I have the costume but no idea about applying make-up or contact lenses as without those I still look male even if I am wearing a wig which is human hair.
Any ideas because Ginny is a young adult so can't think it should be that difficult to portray her.
staleydm01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #2
Emmejo

Can you post a picture of what you have so far? That way we can give you specific pointers for things to make you look more feminine.

Two big things that are easy to experiment with are eyebrows, which you may need to trim/tweeze into a thinner, more feminine shape, and lip shape, where you will probably want to make the center of your lips seem larger by drawing slightly outside your natural lipline with a lip pencil. (It looks just like a normal pencil, but will be softer and tinted the color you need). You can then use lip stick or just color your lips with the pencil, then use a clear or slightly tinted lip gloss or oily lip balm on the middle of your lower lip and rub the edges to fade it in with the rest of the lip color.
*Eternal Con
Emmejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
BlueBeauty

You can try contouring too so you can try to shape your face and nose into a more feminine shapes.
BlueBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote