Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 02-11-2003, 03:51 AM   #16
Menchi
Tee hee <3

w00t didnt know ya were on this board jase ^^;
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2003, 10:17 AM   #17
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

You're welcome =3 Uncooked rice doesn't taste that great either. I've had it blow back on me like I described ^^;;

Menchi: Yep yep =3 I was the one who told you about this place I think... I think I pointed out your Panyo Panyo costume was mentioned in the Ohayocon thread..

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 08:49 PM   #18
Nine
The busty one!

...I must have not boughten the best helium quality balloons, because when i got on my 3rd cup, it burst and rice went flying everywhere ><

Oh well, it's better to have burst now that in a costume at a convention.... lol
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2003, 10:45 PM   #19
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

Hmm.. well I took mine on a plane with me to Ushicon, and when I got there they had been slashed. But my can of hairspray was also pretty beaten up. So I advise anyone taking these over public transportation, or anywhere that might risk them, to put them in a plastic container. The one I bought is about the size of a shoe box and just fits the largest pair I have.

As for popping balloons, after the above, I had considered trying to double balloon them for extra protection. To do this, simply silde one balloon inside the other (after inflating them both with air first to stretch). I don't know how much more difficult this would be to inflate two balloons at once.. but perhaps I'll try it to see.

Unread 02-11-2003, 11:40 PM   #20
Menchi
Tee hee <3

it wasnt too hard ^^:; then again i am not strong lung wise. i got my rinna ones double ballooned an they were fine till i got them with that stupid ohayocon badge ;-; jus have to put more effort into it.
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2003, 10:16 PM   #21
Alexia Ikyu
CP.net Photographer

Inflating doulbe or triple layered balloons isn't really hard. I have a set of triple layered balloons filled with water and covered in tape. They would look great in a bra, but because of the tape, they are solid as a rock. I dropped one, it just hit and didn't even break.
Unread 02-19-2003, 10:29 AM   #22
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

I found out that when I took my rice boobs on a plane, they were slashed by the airport workers, thinking they were drugs! LOL.. they could have taken them out of my suitcase before ruining them and dumping the contents into my suitcase... I still can't get all the rice out of there ^^;

I don't know if I told that story or not.. I'm half asleep right now.. but on the way to Ushicon, they were slashed inside my bag. I thought they got caught on my tripod or something, but Rosiel on the board said they might have been mistaken for drugs.. lol.. I didn't even think of that. They were left alone on the way back when I put them in a plastic box ^^;

So if you travel... protect your boobs!

Unread 02-19-2003, 06:49 PM   #23
Hotaru Kageshi

Woah... @_@ Now I am educated with the ways of making fake boobs.

As for flattening those girly chests, I hear that duct tape is very effective in binding ^_^
Hotaru Kageshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2003, 10:55 PM   #24
John Booty
The Waffle Truth

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosiel
> *gripes about how much EASIER it is for a boy to crossplay*

Actually I would argue it's harder. All a girl has to go is bind. Maybe add shoulder pads.

A guy needs to stuff, pad their hips, and tape, and shave, and find a way to hide any evidence of stubble...
Yeah, totally! It's physically easy for a guy to crossplay (add a little padding here and there) but really hard for a guy to actually look *good* doing it unless you've got those magic bishie genes. I guess it's one of those rare occaisions where society's little double standards actually work against men. :/

Unless you're doing it for comedy like me, of course. Then it's realllly easy. :P

Last edited by John Booty : 02-19-2003 at 11:05 PM.
John Booty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2003, 12:39 AM   #25
TsukiGuujin

>> Yeah, totally! It's physically easy for a guy to crossplay (add a little padding here and there) but really hard for a guy to actually look *good* doing it unless you've got those magic bishie genes. I guess it's one of those rare occaisions where society's little double standards actually work against men. :/

XD! *dies laughing* I never said it was easy for you guys to look good. Just easy to do it. In the end, I've come to the conclusion that it depends on the person, not tne gender of the person, on how easy it is to crossplay. ^^

>>Unless you're doing it for comedy like me, of course. Then it's realllly easy. :P

MWAHAAH! You're right.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2003, 11:07 PM   #26
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

;_; Demoooo ;_; If you've got natural cleavage, then binding your chest down hurts! btw, duct tape is a bad thing! (Unless you put it over something, I guess. Doooooon't EVER put it on your skin, OWWIE.) Hehee, I prefer those ace-bandage type things, that are slightly sticky/tacky all over. I bind down when I'm wearing my Sanzo costume, and I can get my chest down pretty flat, but even then, I still have a uni-boob. Rather disturbing, actually. Not to mention I have to get the bandages just right, because the shirt is skin-tight, and if there's any weird lines, it will show :/

Also, girls can use shoulderpads to make our shoulders wider, but if we've any hips, then we're just a bit out of luck ^^; You can pad out your waist somwhat to diminish the appearance of hips, but if you're cosplaying a thin bishie character, you really don't want to make your midsection thicker ^^;; Ohhh the humanity.

I wuvvs you Booty-massah :3 Muehehehee *sprinkles glitter on him and bounces away, cackling*
Lilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2003, 02:30 AM   #27
yasafusa
FLAT AS A CAT

Almost REAL

I've got a crazy Idea!!! Get silicone! It takes a little talent and/or patients(thier slash resistantant and pop-proof)!! Make some boobs by molding some art clay/ playdough or a similar substance(something moldable, but not too soft) on your chest. And attach some sort of handle to back(for removing from mold later)

(NOTE: be careful where and when you do this... getting busted would suck)... so I'm told :P

Anyway, once you're happy with your jahoobies; Place them in the bottom of a cardboard box or conainer (something like a peanut can... depends on size!) Make sure theyre attached to the bottom well, so they dont slide. Fill up the container and let cool! MAKE SURE YOU CAN USE LOTS OF WAX... YOU WANT TO MAKE A GOOD SOLID MOLD!

Once the wax hardens, cut off the bottom of the can and take the clay out and now you have your molds! You can remove the outside cardboard if you want!

OK, now you have molds... time to prep/fix if you have any bubbles or blemishes. Once fixed; take them and stick them in the freezer or somewhere cool. DONT NEED THESE BABIES MELTING!

Now here's the part I think will be the hardest (excuse the pun!)

Find a silocone that has the softness you want, try to use something thats used more for sealing than adhesion...
(Liquid Nails is not recommended.... well, lets just say those nips can put eyes out!)

Now just fill the molds with whatever you chose and let stand double the cure time (The middles probably wont cure as fast as a normal bead of this stuff would!)

*If you have a sticking problem, try putting the mold in the freezer after the silicone hardens... it should make the falsies shrink some.

I used to make fake hands and arms for my Halloween costumes!

-yasafusa
yasafusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2003, 02:45 PM   #28
yasafusa
FLAT AS A CAT

*humph* finally three weeks later

Well, I'll tell you what... I've made arms, hands, heads, fingers for props... not realy dificult... HOWEVER making real-looking and moving breasts; wow that's not something that's easily obtained...
I made a set of clays (they looked real) coated them with a latex mold maker, then filled the mold maker with plaster of paris (made some durable originals; good thing to cause I dropped the clay ones shortly after I did this!!!) then made some wax molds with the plaster( still haven't hit any problems... and still not running too much of a bill) now I have the final molds for the latex... Since I bought the cheap latex; you cant fill the whole mold with it, you hav to do it in layers!!! talk about slow.

I think it would be easier to use a silicon/latex that doesn't have to be a film, but could fill the whole mold with.
I updated the recipe with the best methods..
Unread 04-06-2003, 01:08 AM   #29
MordSith
victory!

My suggestion:

1. balloons
2. jello

nuff said.

i wish i could crossplay as squall ... but i've got tifa-sized boobs so ... no hiding my figure :-( to all the girls out there, who wish they had a bigger chest, it's not that great. it usually just makes you look chubby, and i'm a kickboxer, so not like i've got much fat on my body.

holy crap, i AM tifa lockheart!! :::goes to ponder this:::
MordSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2003, 03:44 AM   #30
yasafusa
FLAT AS A CAT

Well, Merle-kun's idea was cool, but the rice made a HUGE mess... I should've bought the more expensive balloons!
Or double bagged the rice... Oh, if you use beans on his recipe; it works nice too!

His instructions are on the first page...

The mess was when I used cheap balloons and left them on the table for a while... then out of nowhere one of them exploded!!!! I couldn't stop laughing!

Last edited by yasafusa : 04-16-2003 at 07:57 PM.