Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 04-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
prolupin4

Grindhouse Planet Terror

Hey all! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a Cherry Darling costume (namely Rose McGowan with her machine gun leg). I was thinking a rather loose skirt, so I could strap my foot to my leg and it not show. Then somehow finding and attaching a toy machine gun that approximates my leg length. I would love to hear if anyone has any ideas, as I've never done something so complicated before. Thanks!!
prolupin4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
The Kraken
Wolf Pack Elite Member

My suggestion: find another costume. HA HA! j/k That sounds really difficult, though. Good luck!

Come check us out!
The Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
GabrielDarkhawk
is Yukon Ho!

Strapping your leg like that does sound uncomfortable... ^^; I'd look into one of two things: (1) making a machine gun prop that fits over your leg (which in reality would mean it'd be rather thick, but you'd be able to walk on two legs comfortably) or (2) I've always been curious how stage productions have done peg legs without the use of CG. This sounds like what you're thinking of already...anyways, besy of luck! It's an awesome cosplay to attempt. ^_^

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” -Calvin and Hobbes

In Progress: Alice (Pumpkin Scissors)
GabrielDarkhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
Ironekilz

Not sure exactly what you'd do with the rest of your leg in pictures (photoshop it out? Pose only from the front?), but you could always make a machine gun prop with a knee rest on top to make it look like you only have half a real leg. That wouldn't work for walking around on, but then again it would be handy to be able to walk around normally.

Last edited by Ironekilz : 04-18-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Ironekilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #5
Geb_Geb

I want to do this costume too but really the leg thing is impossible if you want this to look real, in the movie they used Cg. Putting a gun prop on the leg will just look like...well weird I think but I can't wait to see the result if you're doing it ^^ for mine I will do her with her two leg and cg for the gun XD
Geb_Geb is offline   Reply With Quote