Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 178 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #1501
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
:O Your wig looks so pretty..you two look so cute ^^

My boyfriend is like Insisting that he wants to do Aladdin xD I'm like nooo don't want do Jasmine more xD He even is offering to pay for my fabric since I'ma do her two piece. (I gotta sing for him to pay xD Just like he wanted a kiss in return of a ALA badge XD) Any tips Livvy? I love that fabric you used *.*

A long time ago I wanted to do a blingy version but after seeing person after person put more and more bling and doing the same (even if it looks gorgeous), I kinda miss the more cartoon version x3

I'll have until January to finish her thankfully :3
Thanks

What I used for the fabric is like a Matte Satin. When I was looking for it years ago I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Now it's EVERYWHERE. Like in Joanns and Handcock right in their wedding sections. I had to search high and low and now it's easily available... yea that still bothers me lol. It sews like cotton instead of the cheaper Satin. It makes it really easy and I think it lays nicely.

I still want to redo the top though.

You must have a nice voice because with my singing voice people will pay to not hear it, unless they have some alcohol in their system lol.

I was thinking of doing that super Bedazzled version but instead I think I'm going to do the Slave outfit instead. Probably make it a bit more sparkly.

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:59 AM   #1502
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroticNymph View Post
.Yuna.: I hope so! I think it was a test-run, too....and I would just LOVE if they brought it to Fl. Even if they don't, if they keep doing them in Cali, I'll probably just tell my mom I'm going whether she comes with me or not, haha. I'm planning my Disney World-Tour soon so I'll probably be in D-Land around April-May...and I can't WAIT! ^^
Disneyland was so much fun! I had a great time when I was there. It amazed me how Mickey and Minnie and the gang were able to just walk around on Main Street and not have people attacking them for autographs and photos. It was bizarre... But just know, they don't do the parades and shows everyday there! They are only on select days and they won't do fireworks every night! It's more of a local park so the people who go there are most annual passholders and repeat locals so there isn't a need. I didn't see anything when I was there so make sure you plan to go when they have the stuff going on!

I'll be jealous when you get to Tokyo!
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #1503
LKD
Is a princess!!

I hate that Disneyland doesn't have their characters walk out as much as they used to D:

When I went to Disneyworld..well Epcot I was like "8D OMGZ Bellez! AAAH! ALICE! (want wig T_T) .....hey its
Marie....OMG MULAN" xD

I only really see Cinderella out and thats only cause of the show in Cali Adventure >< I hate that to see them you have to wait hours in line to see them or the fairies :<

I'll check up on the fabric Livvy :3 Oh my Tink wings are coming in today I'll take pics when I come back from the dentist..I hope they start taking my braces off >> Princesses and braces don't mix D< oh speaking of which..I got really happy with this comment from a photog 8D

"I'm actually glad you have braces in this picture because my daughter saw them and was happy about it cause her dentist told her she's going to have braces some day. She's been worried about it already even though I told her its still a few years off.
So thanks for showing her you can still be Belle and have a cute smile with braces."

Best comment eveeer~ <3
Unread 09-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #1504
Arista
Once Upon a Dream

Yeah... And sometimes it almost seems as if the less crowded it is, the more characters come out. Like, I've been on super empty (well, empty for DL) days and seen Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Bert, Peter, etc. all walking around for a long time, doing lots of crowd interactions, and then there's crowded days where all I've seen is MAYBE Alice for two seconds before getting whisked away backstage.

I miss when they used to have Pocahontas walking around.

I really wanna visit Disney World, too. It sounds like it has such a different dynamic than Disneyland.
Unread 09-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #1505
LKD
Is a princess!!

Piccus of my Tink wings 8D I just need my wig and shoesies...
And figure out how to attach the wings to my dress xD and fix the top of my dress ><
Yes they child size but this isn't a serious cosplay so I'm not gonna pay double the price xP

Wings
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0911091221.jpg

With Wing Straps (lol so high)
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0911091223.jpg

Holding them and with Dress 8D
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0911091357.jpg

(GOT HALF HER BRACES OFF OMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGM xD)

Last edited by LKD : 09-11-2009 at 11:13 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #1506
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
And figure out how to attach the wings to my dress xD and fix the top of my dress ><
Yes they child size but this isn't a serious cosplay so I'm not gonna pay double the price xP
But they look so cute though! I'm going to be trying to make mine out of a resin of some kind. My only concern will be getting the design into the wings. Though, I am not sure if I want to still do Vidia, or do Fairy Mary (since I am a bit bigger). But Vidia is still my favorite. I've noticed that there is a flap of fabric that folds over between the wings to cover the strap area and to make it look more like the wings attach to their backs through the dresses, rather than over on top of the dress.

Going to start Lillian this week, before the chaos of working 7 days a week starts with HHN and MNSSHP. Plus, the time is flying. Just gotta locate a nice white fur for the lining and figure out if I should make life easy and paint the flowers, or try to be fancy and embroider them.

As a side note, I saw the Hallowishes tonight when I was working....and I was furious they still removed the Maleficent segment of the fireworks, which was my favorite part.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
Unread 09-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #1507
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

@LKD- I like how your Tinkerbell is looking so far ^_^

@UchihaGirl- Do Vidia! We still need one of her~ Fairy Mary would be cool to see too- it's a shame her character doesn't get more attention. Let me know if you find something that works for the wings- I was thinking of using the good 'ol wire and pantyhose method and using the squeezy fabric paint. (also not sure if you saw this a few pages back, but I asked my mom if she wanted to be Fairy Mary and she said she'd consider it XD)

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #1508
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:

Wings
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0911091221.jpg

With Wing Straps (lol so high)
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0911091223.jpg

Holding them and with Dress 8D
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0911091357.jpg

(GOT HALF HER BRACES OFF OMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGM xD)
child-size or not, they are adorable! Every time Halloween comes around and I walk through a store and see the wings on the wall I have to fight off the urge to buy a pair for myself -- it's getting more difficult after seeing those puppies. They're so dainty, it's adorable!
Also, I've got some matte/casa satin that I won't be using and if you're interested I could sell it to you for your Jasmine cosplay (it's the perfect turquoise, imo), just putting it out there :x

I forgot about D23, it crept up so suddenly! I couldn't find anyone to go with and the money for a hotel + the con expenses would've been outrageous for me to go it alone.
Right now I'm trying to convince someone to go the Halloween-whatcha-ma-call-it with me, it may end up being my older sister which would be interesting to say the least, hah.
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #1509
LKD
Is a princess!!

Hmm that flap gives me an idea on how to attach them >.o I'll have to wait xD I'm cutting up a huge green shirt for my lil cousin to be Tink tomorrow at D23 just so she's not left behind. I'm finishing my other cousins Aurora dress right now ><

Are there more people dressing up? I heard Johnny Depp was there as Jack yesterday T.T Not fairs..

Can I see pictures of it Fritzy?
Unread 09-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #1510
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Does anyone know of any disney closet cosplays I could do? I want to dress up for MNSSHP, and the original plan was to go as Sailor Mercury (I know she's not a disney girl, but she's my favorite) but due to budget and time constraints, that idea has since been scrapped. So who can I go as? Please help me!
Fabulousity is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #1511
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaGirl View Post
But they look so cute though! I'm going to be trying to make mine out of a resin of some kind. My only concern will be getting the design into the wings. Though, I am not sure if I want to still do Vidia, or do Fairy Mary (since I am a bit bigger). But Vidia is still my favorite. I've noticed that there is a flap of fabric that folds over between the wings to cover the strap area and to make it look more like the wings attach to their backs through the dresses, rather than over on top of the dress.
ZOMG vidia plz. her wings are neat...big, yet thin. helps her fly faster, i guess. and i dunno if you got to talk to anybody about the wings, but they're

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
made of plastic, with little sparkly studs screwed in to hold the wings together. the "new" wings are four pieces, the "old" ones are two
the lady who does the wigs at HoF was very nice and talked to me about it for quite a while...
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #1512
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:
Can I see pictures of it Fritzy?
Here ya go, this is as true to the actual color as I could get it: http://i25.tinypic.com/301ms78.jpg
Of course, depending on what refrence you go by the shade of her outfit changes but it works if you want more of the movie's blue rather than the parks' green hue. It measures 2.5 yds by 32 in wide.
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #1513
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
Does anyone know of any disney closet cosplays I could do? I want to dress up for MNSSHP, and the original plan was to go as Sailor Mercury (I know she's not a disney girl, but she's my favorite) but due to budget and time constraints, that idea has since been scrapped. So who can I go as? Please help me!
you could do Lt. Sinclair[her tank top is supposed to be white] or Audrey from Atlantis, not-dress Jane from Tarzan, Kim Possible, Penny from The Rescuers...i could probably keep going--if my brain was working right now. i'll update later if you'd like

Last edited by blueassassin547 : 09-12-2009 at 09:34 PM.
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #1514
LKD
Is a princess!!

Fab- Cindy's and Snow's rag dresses maybe?

Fritzy- OMG Thats the color I'm looking for! I'll check if thats enough and ask my bf since he's paying and all xD I'll pm you tommorrow or monday!

Also, can you pay at the door at D23?
Unread 09-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #1515
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
Are there more people dressing up? I heard Johnny Depp was there as Jack yesterday T.T Not fairs..
He was. Along with a bunch of others, including Tim Burton, Jerry Bruckheimer, and Nicholas Cage. They made the announcement of POTC 4.

Blue, thanks for the info on the wings. I have yet to see the newer ones. I'm trying to figure out how they get the design into the wings. I really need to pick up a shift there and ask ladies about them. My only concern with Vidia is that I am not exactly pixie sized and her costume is rather tight >_<

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora