Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 974 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #2311
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad_Apple View Post
OMG i saw the princess and the frog twice while i was in hawaii. it was INCREDIBLE, was it not? i am going to see it for the third time with another friend tonight. i am going to see it for a fourth time with my sister this weekend too (well, hopefully. ^^)

Dr. Facilier is so sexy. I love his character. My mom said she didn't care for his character because he reminds her too much of jafar, but i disagree. Anyone else who agrees/disagrees? and i can't get his song out of my head. :3

I hope to see alot of princess and the frog cosplayers around at cons in 2010. i am excited!
All I have to say is (even though Jessica's already heard it) "Dr. Facilier can perform his voodoo magic on me anyday". Which was pretty much my feeling after I met him at the park.

A group of my theatre friends went to go see the movie and at the Ray spoiler scene, one of them just said "I hate this movie". lol.

EDIT: Oh....Roy Disney just died.....

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 12-16-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #2312
Rad_Apple

oh, and i forgot to mention how incredibly bummed i was that tiana spent like..15 seconds in her beautiful poofy green/yellow wedding gown. OMG. that was sad. and it's so beautiful in the movie too.
but what a beautiful ending it was.

and "lotte" was so adorable. ^__^

i went on flickr and checked out the dr. faciliers they have at the disney parks. it would be even better if they were made to wear purple contacts though. i haven't seen one that looks too much like dr. facilier himself. you are so lucky you got to meet him though beni! i envy you.

btw roxie! my seamstress told me just the other day that she will be shipping my completed dress & tiara by just before christmas, so i should have it for sure within the first couple days of january. then i will be off on a manhunt to find the biggest petticoat on earth. and the gloves, shoes n jewelery. ^^

Last edited by Rad_Apple : 12-16-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Rad_Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #2313
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

@rad I know of a place on ebay that sells huge scarlet o'hara petticoats that don't cost an arm and a leg. I'll send you the link when I get home. I don't have it on my work laptop

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #2314
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

OMG Princess and the Frog came out on my b-day so naturally I dragged twenty of my closest friends to it with me XD SOOOO GOODD!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 Welcome back Disney! (I hope The Snow Queen happens in the future, the two sketches they have out look very interesting/promising so lets hope Princess and the Frog does well so that we get more animated movies *crosses fingers*)

I'm not officially in love with Lotte <3 <3 <3 She makes my life, especially since she didn't turn out to be evil but really nice (if not a little ....loud, but thats why we love her <3) I really want to cosplay her outfit from the resturant when she bursts in shouting and of course he massive pink ball dress X3 Though it seems no pictures of Lotte exist in general, I've been looking for days now and found one. Boo, well I guess I'll have to wait for more merch. to come out before I can cosplay her.

Can't wait to see all the princess Tia costumes that are sure to come!
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #2315
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad_Apple View Post
OMG i saw the princess and the frog twice while i was in hawaii. it was INCREDIBLE, was it not? i am going to see it for the third time with another friend tonight. i am going to see it for a fourth time with my sister this weekend too (well, hopefully. ^^)

Dr. Facilier is so sexy. I love his character. My mom said she didn't care for his character because he reminds her too much of jafar, but i disagree. Anyone else who agrees/disagrees? and i can't get his song out of my head. :3

I hope to see alot of princess and the frog cosplayers around at cons in 2010. i am excited!
Dr. Facilier was the biggest reason I wanted to see this so badly! At SDCC they showed the whole "Friends on the Other Side" segment and I fell in love! I told myself I was seeing it even if the only good part was the song (which we all know that wasn't the case! )

I wish Dr. Facilier did a meet-and-greet. From what I heard he doesn't even do it on the boat; he stays hidden, like the Shadow Man he is. I happened to get a quick shot of him walking to the backstage after the boat docked, and luckily he posed for me.

And speaking of Ray, some people are now joking that they now picture seeing Pooh Bear or Tigger talking about their "big butt glowing!" xD

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #2316
Lizziness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalpencil View Post
And speaking of Ray, some people are now joking that they now picture seeing Pooh Bear or Tigger talking about their "big butt glowing!" xD
XD
Ever since I heard Gonna Take You There I just imagine Pete telling everyone to follow the bouncin' butt XD
Lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #2317
Rad_Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizziness View Post
XD
Ever since I heard Gonna Take You There I just imagine Pete telling everyone to follow the bouncin' butt XD
LMAO that's great!! XD

and by the by, thanks in advance livvy! that is awesome!
Rad_Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #2318
Kiwi54
Fantasmik

*squee*

The princess and the frog was...I...I'm at a lost for words. I've been waiting for years for them back to go h to hand drawn Animation. It was so beautiful. Oh and I looooooooooooove Naveen. He is offically my favorite Disney Prince! He's such a little playboy, oh but Tiana straightened him out for sure lol. I can't wait to finish my Tiana dress, I was hoping to have it redone by the time it came out, but there's still so much to do. All I gotta say is that "I'm almost There!"
Kiwi54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #2319
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Kiwi: have I already asked you what pattern you used for your Tiana dress?

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #2320
Kiwi54
Fantasmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post
Kiwi: have I already asked you what pattern you used for your Tiana dress?
I actually didn't use one. If there was one out there I would have surely used it (would have made it a heck of alot easier). I just had to make one up. Im finally getting to a point where it's done now, and now that the movie is out i can finally get it more accurate. And much as I love the Theme Park Tiana I want it to look more like it was in the Movie. However construction-wise it it would most likely be the same as the theme park one. My friend was trying to get shots of the back of the theme Park tiana dress to see how it was made, and she was going to send them to me asap. I could forward those to you if you like.
I'm gonna get my dress done by the end of this month or bust. It gonna be perfect, cuz I'm not taking a single picture of it until it is lol!

Last edited by Kiwi54 : 12-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Kiwi54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #2321
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

It'd be awesome if you forwarded the pics to me! Thanks for that! I was wanting to go the theme park Tiana look (a more deeper shade of pale green I think) I have no idea when I'll even get started thanks to the holidays and being so busy and other projects *pouts*

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #2322
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Quote:
XD
Ha! That's better than me. Now I've started thinking about Fuzzy Lumpkins from the Powerpuff Girls.

FUZZY LUMPKINS: "Goin' down the bayou, goin' down - Hey get offa ma propehtey!" *fires shotgun*

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #2323
Lizziness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalpencil View Post
Ha! That's better than me. Now I've started thinking about Fuzzy Lumpkins from the Powerpuff Girls.

FUZZY LUMPKINS: "Goin' down the bayou, goin' down - Hey get offa ma propehtey!" *fires shotgun*
XDD wow.

Augh, so, I went out today to get stuff to get started on Fawn. I got wire, pantyhose, and rhinestones for the wings...but when I got started on bending the wire, I realized it was waaay too flimsy DX
Meh. The bf and I are going to go back out to find stronger stuff on Monday...we'll probably go to Home Depot or something >.<
Unread 12-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #2324
Liquidfire3
.....see you later.

Quote:
XDD wow.

Augh, so, I went out today to get stuff to get started on Fawn. I got wire, pantyhose, and rhinestones for the wings...but when I got started on bending the wire, I realized it was waaay too flimsy DX
Meh. The bf and I are going to go back out to find stronger stuff on Monday...we'll probably go to Home Depot or something >.<
Ok, stupid question, where did you find flimsy wire? All I can find is the uber strong stuff you're looking for, but never seem to find the stuff you found.. O_o

Cosplays in Progress
*True Form Midna: 45%
*Princess Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy): 40%
*Phazon Zero Suit Samus: 10%
Liquidfire3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #2325
Lizziness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3 View Post
Ok, stupid question, where did you find flimsy wire? All I can find is the uber strong stuff you're looking for, but never seem to find the stuff you found.. O_o
Craft store. It was 16 gauge copper wire, and cheap...so it kinda sucked >.<