Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 572 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #2401
Faraday
oh modern man.

For Facilier's hair: I suggest looking into how to make a pompadour. Depending on the length of your hair, it'll take awhile to do it properly, but it'll look awesome in the end.

@Tabby Catty: Make the hat while wearing your wig?
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #2402
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
For Facilier's hair: I suggest looking into how to make a pompadour. Depending on the length of your hair, it'll take awhile to do it properly, but it'll look awesome in the end.

@Tabby Catty: Make the hat while wearing your wig?
Well, that's a novel idea!!

By the way, here is a picture of what my true hair looks like, it's kind of thick though...

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2359862/

Do you think I can pull the style off?
Unread 01-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #2403
Faraday
oh modern man.

@tabby catty: Your hair's longer than I thought for a pomp, so you may want to go the beehive route. Though both have the same basics (back comb/teasing and lots of hairspray), the beehive would def. be the way to go. Here's a video that shows how to make one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmeq6Gql84E
I know the end product looks ridiculously hard, but trust me, it's really not, lol. It's just a long process to curl your hair then tease it so you may want a partner to help you out.
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #2404
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

KatieAriel - cool. I live in Fl, too.. ^^ that avatar pic of yours looks awesome.. the combination of blue is perfect.. ^^

but as for Belle, sorry, I don't really have any styling tips 'cause I've never made her costume.. but the cosplay member LKD comes to mind as one of the most prefect cosplayers (among others) to ask for tips.. she really seems to like Belle and has an awesome version of Belle's yellow dress, plus several versions of the peasant dress.. ^^

but good luck on Belle.. and your Jareth costume is pretty cool.. I always did like Labyrinth and I was planning to make Sarah's white shirt, vest and jean-pants outfit (with my own made black wig) sometime this year.. ironic, sorta.. O.o ^^

Tell me: How much hair could a werehare wear if a werehare could wear hair?

Last edited by alice jadis : 01-05-2010 at 05:09 PM.
alice jadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #2405
LKD
Is a princess!!

Hmm My Belle wig..lotsa experimenting goes on with that xD Never looks the same
Do you need help picking a wig or styling?

Speaking of Belle..I'm changing my dress xP I'm pulling inspiration from the different park versions and making up my own :3 I'm trying to figure out whether or not to use this tiara I just bought 83

oh Faraday did you use a pattern for the base of your snow sweater? Now that I have a Disney annual pass I'm making stuff to wear when I go xD

Facilier =o He has awesome hair
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #2406
alterationsbyem

LKD, thats what my bud alex did, http://www.flickr.com/photos/caitirin/2755405404/ I know he made his dress an anthology of dresses.
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #2407
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
@tabby catty: Your hair's longer than I thought for a pomp, so you may want to go the beehive route. Though both have the same basics (back comb/teasing and lots of hairspray), the beehive would def. be the way to go. Here's a video that shows how to make one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmeq6Gql84E
I know the end product looks ridiculously hard, but trust me, it's really not, lol. It's just a long process to curl your hair then tease it so you may want a partner to help you out.
Awesome! I'll practice it in my spare time! Thanks! Yeah, it's kind of thick! When you said beehive, I don't know about you, but are you sure I can make a beehive that doesn't look Sarah Palin or a kooky old lady?

You know, because that's what I sort of stereotype with beehives, are you saying it's possible to make a beehive, you know, less well, stereotypical...
Unread 01-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #2408
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

@tabby catty- what if you just got a short wig? I think someone may have mentioned it, but not much thought went into it.

My Silvermist dress is 2/3 of the way dyed. All I have to do now is spray the purple on, but I'm not going to touch the purple until I have a tank top and tights for Bess. Does Bess count? She's not in the movies, but is in the "Disney Fairies" books.
And today at work I found some red swimsuit fabric. I don't think I've ever been so tempted to cosplay Melody.....

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #2409
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby Catty View Post
DO IT!!! Glad my reference pics inspired you!

Anyways, yeah, I would probably leave it, but my hair is shoulder lenghth and dark-blonde as opposed to dark brown or black. I think I will probably use my top hat to advantage...

Now, how do you think I should approach his stache?
I was just going to draw the mustache on...<.< >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby Catty View Post
I really need references for his tarot cards though, I intend to sketch the designs on some cardstock then reinforce them with cardboard to make them strong.
http://www.disneylicious.com/i_03/dr...r_pose_002.jpg It's a huge file sorry, but you get a full body shot of him as well.
http://lordalphie.deviantart.com/art...ards-137460990 A fanart.
However I'm not sure of the official colors I've seen both the colors of the above pictures used (the first one more though).

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #2410
LKD
Is a princess!!

I wanna see your silvermist! D: She's so undercosplayed compared to the other fairies x3

Em- I love his dress D: Mine's done ^^ Theres a preview of it on my mespace but I'm not gonna put any pics of it up until after this weekends con
Unread 01-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #2411
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
@tabby catty- what if you just got a short wig? I think someone may have mentioned it, but not much thought went into it.
Okay, but what type of wig do you think I should use? Any wigs do you think would work? Like you know, what should I look for? I mean, a short wig is fine, then again, there is my thick hair. My hair stylist I go to uses shears to thin it every time I visit her, but it is still thick.

Awesome! I think I'll do the cards last, after all, as soon as the DVD comes out, I'm sure there is going to be more screenshots since again, it's hard simply going by memory...

On a side note, my little three year old cousin is sooooo excited since he has this huge Disney villian kick. He lives all the way in Pennsylvania while I like in Michigan, but I think

I definitely want to finish the skull mask first since I have those supplies readily available to me now (Same with the tophat, but I need purple quill and the stuff for the details)

As for the mustache, yeah, a little facepaint will suffice actually...
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #2412
Rainypuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
....I don't think I've ever been so tempted to cosplay Melody.....
DO IT

You'd actually make a perfect Melody and you wouldn't have to buy a wig or anything!
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #2413
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

So after watching Anastasia, and thinking....I've decided to do a cosplay from it, at Benihime's enthusiam - Sophie in her ball gown (the red dress since I don't like the ballet dress)! Maybe even in time for Mega for the non-Disney princess (though....unlikely with everything else).

I think the cards on the links are good for Facilier, if you resize and adjust. The colors on the Disney one are official so you could use the dA link for the line art and use the colors on the official image. I like how the corners look like frogs.

As a side note, we were also discussing making Team Naveen and Team Facilier shirts, to further parody Twilight. Facilier can have the cards on it with the skull on the back and the Naveen can have the frog on it with the crown on the back!
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #2414
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

I too want to know what wig would be best to use to make a beehive. (There's no way I'm going to try it with my own hair. Bellatrix's hair gives me enough hassle.)

@UchihaGirl: xD
Me I'd probably be a Team Switzerland with a frightened Louis on it.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #2415
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

@tabby- when I have a minute, I'll see about looking up a wig. If you wear a wig, you'll want to make the top after after you put it on or it won't fit. I have long, thick hair(see Mulan pics), and with minor amounts of fighting can put it under a wig, so you'll most likely be able to too.

@LKD- I took some pictures of how it's coming along, so I'll post those

@Jill- exactly. I could take pictures in the water and not worry about messing up the wig.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote