Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 871 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #2881
Nin-Kitty
Trickster

Any Tron Users?

http://tronlegacy2010.livejournal.com/
Nin-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #2882
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

You know something? I don't know about you, but for some reason, I really want to cosplay the Horned King from The Black Cauldron. He just looks like a total badass. After I get my sewing machine fixed and finish Facilier and my pigmask, I'm making him!

Maybe for Halloween or something... I could find a lot of stuff for it around Halloween time, he sort of reminds me of skeletor.
Unread 03-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #2883
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Yeah I read about the Expo. I remember them talking about it being every other year instead of annual a long time ago around December but it was still just talk at the time. And I told myself that for the next Expo I was going all four days no matter what because I wasn't able to last time and wished I had. Guess I'll have to wait another year for that. :|

Back on topic, with the whole Alice hype I'm thinking of bringing back an old idea I had of a semi-original Cheshire Cat costume based on a design my old school used for their production of Alice in Wonderland. It's a pretty simple costume that can be put together with bought items, since they basically used regular clothing, so it'll be nice for a "back-up" costume when I can't debut my bigger costumes in time for conventions. =)

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #2884
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Alice premieres today!!!! I am SO excited- I cannot wait to see it!! I think I shall be wearing my Alice headband seeing as I wasn't ableto put together the entire costume.

That sucks about D23. Not that I was going or anything, but that's no fun for you guys...

Rapunzel is a character I REALLY want to cosplay!! I adore her purple outfit-it's gorgeous. I searched around but I have had a hard time finding color and texture matches for the fabric.
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #2885
Rainypuff

Hey that D23 anniversary is on my birthday! What a fun coincidence :3
I might be celebrating my birthday at Disney World again this year, but instead of skipping school I'll just be going on the following weekend, either Sunday or Monday (yay for no school!)

As always, I want to wear a character-themed outfit, but I'm wondering who... If I get this hat in pink and matching shirt, curled my hair, &etc I could be Charlotte-themed
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #2886
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Woo-hoo! Thanks to my new sewing machine, I should be able to finish sewing Giselle and Rosetta tonight and start dyeing them tomorrow.

And a bit off-subject: has anyone here ever created a group on deviantart? I'm having a bit of trouble doing so....

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #2887
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post

And a bit off-subject: has anyone here ever created a group on deviantart? I'm having a bit of trouble doing so....
To create a group/club-thing all you have to do is register for a plain ol' account and call it a group in a journal or the description, lol.

PS, Hnnng, new Alice movie. I'm now conflicted between one of Alice's dresses and the White Queen's gown.
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #2888
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Right after I posted that, I realized that my name was too long. Oh well. Thanks for the advice anyways.

Edit: Here's a link to one of the groups I made. It fits into the category of "disney" somewhat, but is mostly for the non-disney princesses and other obscure animated movies like Balto or An American Tail
http://obscureanimatedfliks.deviantart.com/

My deviantArt

Last edited by Benihime78 : 03-06-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Unread 03-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #2889
dismaldreary
The Tragic Heroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
PS, Hnnng, new Alice movie. I'm now conflicted between one of Alice's dresses and the White Queen's gown.
Do them both! *peer pressure*
I'm working on the White Queen now, but I'm kind of tempted to add Alice to my list too.

DeviantART
facebook

"And envy and pride like ill weeds grew in her heart higher every day, until she had no peace day or night."
dismaldreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #2890
Faraday
oh modern man.

@dismalddreary, lol! I'd love to do both but I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to wear both! I'm tempted to just cram one costume this month to wear for Wondercon so I'm in the middle of constructing a budget for both dresses (since my mom is slightly outraged I would ever think of constructing the Queen's because of how much she thinks it'll run me).
And oh geez: I just saw your White Queen progress picture, it's way better than anything I could ever produce. D':
Unread 03-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #2891
dismaldreary
The Tragic Heroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
@dismalddreary, lol! I'd love to do both but I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to wear both! I'm tempted to just cram one costume this month to wear for Wondercon so I'm in the middle of constructing a budget for both dresses (since my mom is slightly outraged I would ever think of constructing the Queen's because of how much she thinks it'll run me).
And oh geez: I just saw your White Queen progress picture, it's way better than anything I could ever produce. D':
Yeah, I agree with the costs and stuff. (I'm so stingy with money! lol) Originally I wasn't going to make the White Queen's gown because of the possible cost, but then I searched around my room and managed to fill huge bag full of scrap white satin, organza, tulle, lace and beads- so I pretty much had all the supplies for the corset and sleeves just in my room. lol. (Plus I sacrificed an old corset I had made and used it as a base so I didn't need to buy supplies for that either! So I pretty much just need to buy fabric for the skirt and the wig to finish it)

D'awww thank you! I'm kind of liking how it's coming out so far.

DeviantART
facebook

"And envy and pride like ill weeds grew in her heart higher every day, until she had no peace day or night."
dismaldreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #2892
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismaldreary View Post
Yeah, I agree with the costs and stuff. (I'm so stingy with money! lol) Originally I wasn't going to make the White Queen's gown because of the possible cost, but then I searched around my room and managed to fill huge bag full of scrap white satin, organza, tulle, lace and beads- so I pretty much had all the supplies for the corset and sleeves just in my room. lol. (Plus I sacrificed an old corset I had made and used it as a base so I didn't need to buy supplies for that either! So I pretty much just need to buy fabric for the skirt and the wig to finish it)

D'awww thank you! I'm kind of liking how it's coming out so far.
Oh my goodness, it's nice to meet another frugal cosplayer, haha. Same here, I have enough scrap fabric to make the sleeves, top and apron piece (and plenty of pearls and beads in here somewhere), I already have a petticoat and bloomers that provide enough fluff for the skirt, and I can just restyle the part on my blonde wig -- that's like half of the cotume there, right? Ugh, I'm just kicking myself for throwing out half of my unused organza last weekend because I stained it during an experiment and didn't bother trying to 'lift' it first. :S
Unread 03-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #2893
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Jill and I were thinking of making a group of Ariel and her sisters. She wants to be Arista and I'm torn between Adella and Aquata. Would anyone else be game for this group?
Then we have to solve the whole mobility issue......

My deviantArt

Unread 03-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #2894
SilentCAt
Twisted Hi-def Fly girl

This is just a question. Anybody thought of doing an Organization XIII Disney Princess cosplay or a Twisted Princess cosplay?
Felicia Darkstalkers

----
Upcoming Con- TBA 2013
SilentCAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #2895
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Woo!! I went to see Alice yesterday and I LOVED it!! I want to make everything though!

>_< Still no costuming progress from me...boo. I have no moneys. I'm kinda stuck trying to figure out which costume I should "devote" to.^_^ lol Anybody know what I mean?

DismalDreary- your Mirana progress looks fantastic! You will make such a lovely White Queen.