Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 973 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #3016
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Thanks Sam and Jess! Your advice is really helping me out for Melody too. If it's okay and possible, would it be possible for you to take pictures of the end of the tail with and without the flipper and how it attaches?[/url]
Here is a picture! LOLOLOLOLO!

As others said, that's about all I can give you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ariel fin.jpg (47.4 KB, 0 views)
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #3017
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

Hi Disney fans *waves*
I can't believe I've never posted in here before o.o oh my!
It looks like so much fun!! 83

So far I've cosplayed Giselle's curtain dress (lucky enough to find great fabric for it), finally have a new more curly wig for that dress that I really should get pics of...Also recently cosplayed Belle's peasant dress for Disney on Ice.

SOOOOOOOO much fun was had at it ^^, my friends and I went as Belle, Adam, Ariel, Eric, Briar Rose and Philip. We got mobbed my children convinced we were the real characters come to see the show and parents asking for pictures with is.
Some people handed us their babies for pictures which was very "O.o...we-we don't know you why are you handing us you children?!"
At one point a big security guy and a younger one approached us, at first we thought "oh crap, are we gonna get in trouble for coming in costume"....nope! the big guy wanted a pic. with us to show his granddaughter that he met the princesses and princes and brought the other guy along to take the pic for him XD

I reaallllyyy want to cosplay Lotte's giant pink fluff ball of doom sometime in the future. and some more obscure Disney characters like Kida from Atlantis

She's not technically Disney but I'm making most of Anastasia's outfits in the near future.

Currently I'm working on her Court gown. I love the Russian court dresses of that period that it's based off <3 I'm making it using brocades and more creams and gold verses the bright yellows of the movie to make it a bit more like real Russian Court dresses (and I look horrible in yellow lol)
Should have some in-progress pictures in the next day or so ^__^

so...hi everyone!!! Nice to meet you! *waves again*
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:08 AM   #3018
LKD
Is a princess!!

disneydeee- Yay ^^ You found it!

Kat- I went to DoI a few months ago as Ariel too 8) I had some security guard yell "I love you Ariel" from the floor above o.O; One of the officials outside told me that they are no way connected to the parks so the costume rules don't matter
Unread 03-24-2010, 04:53 AM   #3019
Brimso357

I'd like to dress up as Spiderman......

I hope the spiderman costume is available in the market.
Brimso357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #3020
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Murz View Post
We got mobbed my children convinced we were the real characters come to see the show and parents asking for pictures with is.
Some people handed us their babies for pictures which was very "O.o...we-we don't know you why are you handing us you children?!"
At one point a big security guy and a younger one approached us, at first we thought "oh crap, are we gonna get in trouble for coming in costume"....nope! the big guy wanted a pic. with us to show his granddaughter that he met the princesses and princes and brought the other guy along to take the pic for him XD
welcome to the world of Disney characters. it's almost fun, i assure you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimso357 View Post
I'd like to dress up as Spiderman......

I hope the spiderman costume is available in the market.
HA. haaaaaa. i lol'd.
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #3021
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Beni: You can see here how the fin can either be slid down to the ankles of up to the knees...the flipper fabric is just hand-stitched on: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/132473/

And for the gold fin:

Tucked: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1761212/
At the Ankles: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1761232/

It's a crude...but effective design =3
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #3022
kittycoraline
is of the summer court

Hi there~ I've been...er, kind of stalking this thread for a while, so I decided that I would finally post so it would be less creepy. xD I'd love to do Disney cosplays in the future--maybe Meg from Hercules.

Last edited by kittycoraline : 03-24-2010 at 08:25 PM.
kittycoraline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #3023
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Thanks for the pictures Sam and Jess! I think I'm going to try to make some kind of cross between the designs so that I'll be able to walk. I originally wanted a fin that I could swim in, but would rather have one that allows me to walk. Plus, I'm not a strong swimmer to begin with, so I'd probably sink in a mermaid tail XD

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #3024
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Beni- Do you want to go with a full-length fin that converts to a walkable style, or do you want a shorter fin to begin with? The design really wouldn't vary much from one to the next.

I think I am finally going to be able to get started on SOMETHING Disney/cosplay!! Haha I am debating on where to go first, but I think I want to get the yarn for Briar Rose's shawl. I want to have something really beautiful and more characteristic than simply a vast length of fabric draped around the shoulders. ^_^ So, I will be knitting the shawl. I am a little anxious about it, since it will be my first time knitting lace, but I am excited. The only thing is, it's going to require 17 BALLS OF YARN!! O_O

Btw, welcome all newcomers, and I hope you get better soon, Jadis!!
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #3025
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

@Suzie- I'm doing a mix between the two examples(kinda if that that makes any sense). It's going to be full-length, but I'll be able to hike it up to the knees for walking and have a removable flipper.

And how big are you planning on making that shawl? I've started crocheting mine out of boredom and it looks like I'll only be needing 4-5 skeins, but then again I'm not making lace, just doing a half-double crochet the whole way.....

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #3026
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

My fin is going to be a "short" one- about mid-calf.

The shawl is like 40 x 72 inches. The pattern calls for 1790yd and the yarn I'm using comes in 110yd balls so it's going to take a ton!! haha I will be posting a picture of my hoard when it comes in. I hope to be ordering that this weekend.
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #3027
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

Suzie Blue - Thank you., ^^ ..the doctors gave me medication that seems to be doing the trick so far.. but my ears aren't entirely healed yet, they've still got a while to go.. but I might not need surgery after all, I won't know until I have my hearing test in a few days after Easter.. :/
..and good luck with the knitting, knitting sounds very hard to do, I've never tried it myself..

Welcome, KittyCoraline.. ^^

Tell me: How much hair could a werehare wear if a werehare could wear hair?
alice jadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #3028
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Where is everyone?? lol Busy with cosplay, I suppose. ^_~

You know, I really hate Briar Rose's outfit. Not really, I just hate the colors- they're never the same. It is so difficult to find coordinating fabric for her!
Unread 03-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #3029
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

I'm gonna look into getting myself some white ruffle trimming so that I can hot glue it to the bottom of my alice dress (for both disney and mcgee's alice) so the trim adds the effect of a crinoline underneath the skirts without having to actually wear one.. ^_^

Tell me: How much hair could a werehare wear if a werehare could wear hair?
alice jadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #3030
LKD
Is a princess!!

Yea I've been busy xD I've been working on my ariel gown which I have pics of in my wip gallery >> I haven't done much...kinda slacking off xD Damn Pokemans
I'll be wearing my Belle cosplays tomorrow ^-^ and Briar Rose on sunday 8D so excited