Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 568 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #3031
alterationsbyem

alice you might want to google invisible hand stitch tutorial. it will give you the same effect without the "hardness" of the hot glue.

Its not too bad once you get the hang of it, I used it all over the back of my red bonnet, it just looks like a tiny stitch

Unread 03-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #3032
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- Ooh, it's looking fantastic!! I can't wait to see the finished product! But since when do you have a Rose cosplay??

HAHA, I AM VICTORIOUS!! I finally found the perfect color match for Rose's blouse! And it is linen, just like I wanted. Walmart may have the perfect skirt fabric....I just wish it wasn't polyester. >_> I'm being picky with this costume. Now to find her corset material..
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #3033
LKD
Is a princess!!

I was like "Rose" Wut? xD Rappydemon gave me hers :3
I just need to get a wig x3 She's just letting me borrow that.
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #3034
Lizziness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Lizzi- xD Cause She's keeping the shoes not the dress? I dunno XP Good point xD

Hey I know how her and that one prince Philip did stuff they shouldn't cause its their last day but doesn't that hurt their letters of recommendations?
*getting to this REALLY late*
No, not at all. That's the whole reason they do those things. It's sort of an "OMGI'MFREEEEE!" ritual to go absolutely over the top on your last day with a character XD
I'm also almost positive no Entertainment CM here would ask their managers to recommend them for another job anyway...lots of them never really quite see eye-to-eye. >__>
Lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #3035
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

alterationsbyem - Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done hand stitching before - I didn't like it - that's why I eventually switched to hot glue.. don't worry, I'm perfectly happy with that method and the hardness doesn't bother me, if it did, I wouldn't be using it.. lol.

well, my one of my family's female cats just had her kittens this morning.. She had 7 kittens (and adding the four adult cats) that makes 11 cats my family owns so far.. and the other female cat is gonna have her own kittens soon, too.. this is gonna be a mess.. U_U

Tell me: How much hair could a werehare wear if a werehare could wear hair?

Last edited by alice jadis : 03-27-2010 at 04:54 PM.
alice jadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #3036
LKD
Is a princess!!

Lizzy- Ah I see xD
Jadis- I know how you feel...I have 9 dogs over here >>

So I wore my Belle gown to a windy park >_> Never again xD This one lil girl was like giggling and all "It's so puffy!" when the wind blew xD Still I think the dress is retired for now ><
I had photoshoots in the gown and my blue dress ^_^ I'm so excited. I really loved how my wig came out
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #3037
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Jadis- You should definitely look into Steam-A-Seam or Heat'n'Bond. That will give you much better results than hot glue. It would be just as easy, if not easier, to use.

LKD- lol, that's funny! Her's is the one who's skirt you said you loved, as well. ^_^ But why are you retiring your purdyful gown?? 3:

I was looking through my mom's fabric stash today and I found the most beautiful fabric!! Actually, I saw it before but had forgotten she had it :3. Anyway, I think it may become Briar Rose's corset in the near future! It is a satin brocade with a velvet damask pattern. It is quite a bit fancier than what I had intended on using, a little ill-fitting for the character, but I'm not sure I can resist using it! lol We'll just say it's park-inspired. ^_~ I'll try to post pics when I can take some in the sunlight.

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 03-27-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #3038
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

Suzie Blue - okay, I'll look into that.. ^_^

Unread 03-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #3039
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Just wanted to put this up here:

http://www.costumersguide.com/enchanted1.shtml

Promos of Giselle's wedding gown. Not sure if anyone is planning this at the moment, but maybe they'll be useful to you! I'm waiting on promos of the curtain gown now....^_^
Unread 03-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #3040
Faraday
oh modern man.

@suzie: Oh dear, Enchanted's a bit old now, I doubt you'll find any promos, but here's the best resource I've found for Giselle's dresses [the curtain one in particular]: http://www.amy-adams.org/gallery/thu...bum=149&page=3
Some of the other galleries also have high resolution images that show greater details.
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #3041
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

That Heat'n'Bond/Steam O Seam sounds like what my aunt tried to get me to buy for my costume making.. :/

but I'll pass on those.. I can already tell buy the instructions that I won't like using those.. I'm very picky about what I use for my costume making.. lol..

but trust me, if I need something actually sewed, I can always use my sewing machine.. It's still in great condition.. ^^

Last edited by alice jadis : 03-28-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Unread 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #3042
Rainypuff

For Charlotte hair, I was thinking instead of a beehive, I could just do a giant bun (like in this fanart) by using a string hair-fall and a sponge as filler (for poof). What do you all think?
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #3043
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

*looks at Charlotte fanart*
I think a giant bun would be a lot easier and more cute/realistic.. I'd more that likely do the same if I were cosplaying her.. I imagine it'd be really difficult to wrap hair around a beehive and make it stay in place.. :/

But I'm sure the costume will be nice.. ^^

Unread 03-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #3044
Rainypuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice jadis View Post
*looks at Charlotte fanart*
I think a giant bun would be a lot easier and more cute/realistic.. I'd more that likely do the same if I were cosplaying her.. I imagine it'd be really difficult to wrap hair around a beehive and make it stay in place.. :/

But I'm sure the costume will be nice.. ^^
That's what I was thinking; Easier to do, and easier on my hair! It would take too long and be unhealthy to tease it every time I wanted to cosplay Charlotte, haha. The other idea I was considering was something with a bumpit, like this, this, or this. But again, that could take time, and I'm lazy
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #3045
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Faraday- haha Oh, I know it is! ^_^ Those promos were just put up on that site so I thought I'd post them.

Rainypuff- that does sound like a good idea! And tell me about teasing- it's horrible on your hair!! >_<

Darn. I have to wait on ordering my yarn and needles until later this week. : ( Waiting on the paycheck... I was hoping it would be here by spring break, which is next week, so I could work on it then. Knowing what I've heard about their shipping time, it will probably take forever to arrive!! Hopefully I can make a trip to Hancock's some time this week to buy fabric for Rose. : )