Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1161 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #3136
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

They are a dream! It's a bajillion times easier and so much faster!

All she said was that it was a heavy bridal satin. I know Casa Satin comes in a dark teal and white that would work.

Guess what guys! I get to start over on my shawl AGAIN. >: ( This time I dropped a stitch that I didn't see until 10 rows later.

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #3137
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

LKD: I did use bridal satin, the heaviest stuff I could find. I wanted it to be a very sturdy dress! But, as for the blue/green accents, I'm not sure what kind of fabric it is, but it's more of a sheer with lots of flow. Very lightweight and you can see light through it quite well. I doubled it where I used it.
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #3138
alterationsbyem

LKD, another good way to hem something is if you press it about a half inch, it creates a nice sturdy line to go off of. Then fold it over again, rolling it tightly, this will give you a nice small pro hem
Unread 04-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #3139
LKD
Is a princess!!

I like the blue/green fabric you use o.< I was thinking of finding it in purple for another cosplay

Anywho's I was debating over doing Lotte and I was at goodwill looking for a wedding dress to alter for that other cosplay but I found a 6 hoop hoopskirt for $10 xD So I'm going to still cosplay her

Although because its 6 hoops i have to hike it up to like to the spot beneath my bewbs xP I found out that if I pull the front off to the top, it flares out to the side. I'm going to do that since her dress is more wide than fat 83
I'll take pics of it later

I had the thought to do the same with my drizella so I did the same to my old hoopskirt, I sewed the hoops together at the front top and stuck a pillow on the dressform's bum and yea it works xD
Piccus~
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...i/IMG_4503.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...i/IMG_4504.jpg
Keep in mind I just threw the fabric on it xP;

Last edited by LKD : 04-09-2010 at 05:32 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #3140
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Emily- that's what I do if I need a wider hem or for a waistband/elastic casing

LKD- I'm jealous!! Our goodwill never has awesome stuff like that!! XD That's a neat idea for Drizella.

...this shawl is to be the end of me... T_T I ripped back for the 4th time because I skipped an entire row. I didn't pull it all out, but a good 4 inches now has to be redone. Sometimes being a perfectionist sucks.

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 04-09-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #3141
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

lol.. Hang in there, Suzie.. You'll get it eventually.. but I know how you feel.. I've wasted much material due to mess ups on my dresses.. :/

Tell me: How much hair could a werehare wear if a werehare could wear hair?
alice jadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #3142
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

: ) I know I will, I am just beyond frustrated at this point! I am definitely not quitting, I am just sick of having to frog everything over and over again!! I hoped to be nearly finished with it by this time of the week...ha. ha. ha.

; P How is your dress coming along??
Unread 04-10-2010, 12:54 AM   #3143
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

@Suzie- Isn't there any way to "hide" the mistake so that it looks like part of the design?

Now that Arabian Nights is up and running, I don't have to make anymore belly dancer outfits. I am sad. How do you think it would look if there were belly dancer versions of some of the Disney chicks?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #3144
LKD
Is a princess!!

Beni- I think Jasmine would be the easiest to convert xD I'd like to see them if you sketch them out

I finished the top of my drizella Minus the sleeves though >> It's lined and has the gold trim that I wanted to kill after a while << The zipper too..there's a reason why I usually lace the back

My aunt is getting me the eyeshadow for her Yay for free MAC eyeshadow x3

Necrotic- Can you give me some tips on how you made your tail fin? Since Jo Anns is having its sale on the Casa Satin fabrics I'm going to buy the same fabrics to remake my fin. x3 Mainly so I can walk but I absolutely love how Ariel flips it in Fantasmic >> it's one of the reasons I watch the show

Last edited by LKD : 04-10-2010 at 02:10 AM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #3145
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Beni- yeah, I was going to just leave it, but it would have driven me crazy knowing it wasn't "right". I went back and fixed it now though, and as long as I pay attention, there shouldn't be any more mistakes. The belly dancer versions sound really neat!! I mean really awesome! lol Jasmine would be very easy to convert.

LKD- cool; there's nothing like free MAC! haha seeing how expensive that stuff is O.o
Unread 04-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #3146
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

LKD: They're just U-shaped, double-layered and sewn to make a little pocket. I ironed them flat to make them less poofy. The key is to make a LOT of them. Then I just sewed them to the green triangle tip of the fin. By hand. Hence why I'm remaking my sparkly Ariel fin entirely =/

In the meantime, I made an Alice costume in a day and a half at a client's request. It's in my gallery. It's not the Disney version or the Burton version, really...the apron and sleeves are allllll wrong....but I was going with ease, not accuracy =)
Unread 04-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #3147
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

Suzie - aww! I like Pikachu.. Well, I got the right pattern, I just still need to get the light blue material.. lol.. but it'll come a long very good.. ^^

NecroticNymph - your Alice looks really cute - I left the photo a comment.. As for the sleeves, don't worry.. my disney Alice isn't gonna have puffy sleeves, either.. I hate those, they're uncomfortable.. >.<

but I know that some disney parks (when it's cold outside), their Alice wears long sleeves with white gloves.. O.o

Unread 04-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #3148
RiniKun

So, can anyone help me? I want to know what Disney character I would look most like to cosplay as, and the girl who is cosplaying as the Umbreon to my Espeon is my girlfriend and wanted to know what you thought would be the best Disney cosplays for her as well (Pocahontas, Esmeralda, and Jasmine are all the options and she told me her absolute favorite princess is Ariel). I'm planning on taking her to DisneyWorld for Spring Break next year; so I wanted to surprise her with a few costumes. My skills are limited; I don't have a sewing machine (I make most by hand because of it XD) and I'm okay with purchasing costumes. So, does anyone know where I can find Ariel's human outfit (the blue dress and the pink gown), Pocahontas' dress, and Jasmine's regular and purple outfits for her...I was thinking Belle for me, I already cosplayed as Esmeralda, but I wanted to know which you think would be the best Disney characters for me to cosplay? I know it's not Disney, but I am going to surprise her on the last day with a dress from The 10th Kingdom :3 If you know of anywhere I can get that as well, it would be greatly appreciated ^^

Okay, I've been cosplaying since 2005, and I love Disney. Here are a few pictures of me in cosplay already:

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...stumeid=173406
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...stumeid=207094
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...stumeid=155039
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...stumeid=188035

These are most like me now:
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...stumeid=153720
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...stumeid=161673

I was thinking of making Belle from this dress (This is also the most normal picture of me I have lol):
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...stumeid=173398

Hair: slightly past the shoulder, dark brown
Eyes: Brown-Hazel
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 140
Build: Athletic-ish (strong arms, legs not so much lol)

I think that's all :3

EDIT: Also, I know she isn't Disney...but I also love the cartoon movie Anastasia (I just wish people would STOP mistaking her for Disney...her movie was made by Don Bluth who used to work for Disney). Also, I'm her like cousin in some weird-round about way. So that made me obsessed with the Romanovs when I was little; thus, I don't think I would mind cosplaying her as well :3

EDIT PART II: It was brought to my attention that my links were'nt working, so I uploaded some stuff and here they are :3

Esmeralda Cosplay; I've since grown out my hair and replaced the shirt with a better one :3
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1271032921

I'm the one on the right and my girlfriend is the one on the left :3 (Most current picture)
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=12710331 29

Here we are again as Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Mars :3
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1271033212

Here's me about one-two years ago in my sister's "Beauty and the Beast" prom dress, it shows my body type best:
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1271033259

Last edited by RiniKun : 04-11-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Apparently my links aren't working XD
RiniKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #3149
alice jadis
Lost In Wonderland

oiy, I'm starting to have forum "comment posting" problems now, so if by chance I don't reply for a while, it's most likely because of site errors - this site is getting worse and worse.. :/

Rini - Welcome to the forums, as for your decision - I'd say, go with the character you (and your friend) love to be the most.. I would.. ^^

Last edited by alice jadis : 04-10-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #3150
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Jadis- isn't my avatar great? XD I watched the 1st episode of Pokemon yesterday and I almost died when he did that. lol So I had to screengrab it.

RiniKun- as Jadis said, just pick whichever character is your favorite!! Plus, this is more of the Disney and "Non-Disney" cosplay thread ^_~. So we all accept The Swan Princess, Anastasia, Thumbelina, Quest for Camelot, etc. as being "Disney", though we know they aren't.

The shawl is finally coming along smoothly! I have about 8 inches done.

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 04-11-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote