Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 965 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #3781
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

Humm that's a tough call. I think a mask would look awesome cuz you could make it look super mean but then you'd be stuck with one expression.

But with makeup you have a whole range of expressions but the makeup would probably take awhile. Also depends on your face structure.

Sorry I know that's not alot of help lol.
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #3782
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

If you go for make-up, make sure you do some practice runs or find someone who is experienced with doing unusual make-up designs. See theatre geeks.
If you go for a mask, try to go with a traditional style Asian mask or it would look weird. I'm kinda leaning more towards the mask idea myself, but like Ruhi, I think its ultimately you're call.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #3783
CapnJackSparrow
Pirate

Thans Ruhi and Benihime I'll probably wind up doing a mask since I sort of want him to have glowing eyes Might use a Noh mask, no luck finding a blank asian-style mask haha
CapnJackSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #3784
nessabutterfly

Finally finished Ariel. (not hard since it was just the hair bow). The bow is HUGE. Still not quite as big as in the movie, but quite large. I even used boning in it to keep it's shape! Just have to decide how to attach it. Not a fan of barrettes since they can pinch and damage the wig fiber. Maybe a comb that goes down into the wig cap?

Also have some substantial progress on Snow White. And a pic!! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2610967/ The bottoms turned out perfect and are even comfy (and fully lined). THe top is giving me trouble since I'm using different bra cups than usual (they were sold out of the ones I like). I like the shape of these a lot more, but they're harder to work with. Totally in love with my yellow ruffles!

I hope to finish Snow White and get a start on my SIL's Esmerelda suit tomorrow. Need to have them both done by Saturday or I'll run out of time for Metrocon and AFO's costumes!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #3785
LKD
Is a princess!!

Capn- Dude me and radapple were talking about villians today and he came up and I said if anyone ever cosplayed him I would scream XD

Beni- Poromon came ^^ He was waiting on my bed when I got home!

Well Belle is officially retired until I can remake her XD That dress was such a pain Dx radapple and musicalpencil spent the whole day fixing and pinning the bottom layer until I gave up with it and ripped it off and threw it away XD We pinned it up and well it ended up being the right height for my cousin so we switched our dresses XP
It was a hit though..everyone kept telling me what a great job I did when it was falling apart in front of them o.<
Here's a peek of me and of my cousin in the dress XP
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...i/IMG_0307.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...i/IMG_0331.jpg

Anywho~ I picked up Lottie today ^^ Can't wait until tomorrow to try her out!!
Here's a sneak peek :O XD My giant bow! Put it on my head to show the size of it x3
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...i/IMG_0337.jpg

Now to find out what to do for her wig..
Unread 07-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #3786
nessabutterfly

LKD-- that IS a big bow! And has anyone ever told you that you have beautiful eyes? I want eyes like yours! So big and round and pretty! (mine slope downwards. I hate my eyes!)
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #3787
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- that bow is massive!! lol But it's sad that you must retire Belle!! That gown is soo pretty...Good luck with the next one though! : ) And yes, you do have gorgeous eyes!

nessa- yay for finishing Ariel!! And Snow is looking great! can't wait to see her finished.

Capn- it would be soo awesome if you could get the makeup right for him!! A mask would look great, but makeup even better because you could make his super-evil expressions. =D

Okay, im going to bed. I've been knitting All. Day. Long. Sweet Dreams, everyone!
Unread 07-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #3788
LKD
Is a princess!!

Buts I have ugly undereye wrinklez D8 XD
Unread 07-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #3789
CapnJackSparrow
Pirate

Thanks LKD! I'll make sure to do him justice! Er...do him injustice? Aand LKD, you have very nice, "soul-gazing" eyes! Thanks Suzie Blue, I'll try the makeupout tomorrow! It'l be hard to do his huge cheekbones though haahaaa Good luck everyone on costuming!

Oh any cons near NJ/NY coming up? I'd love to see some more Disney characters! I'llbe going on a Disney cruise July 25th and goingto WDW so maybe i'll spot someone there

Oh, also started a Frollo cosplay!

Last edited by CapnJackSparrow : 07-02-2010 at 01:14 AM.
CapnJackSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 01:59 AM   #3790
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Rainy: I would think cutting them would help a little bit, but I'm sure when everything is said and done you are going to look SOOOO fantastic! I am stoked to see the pics!

LKD: I see what you are going for now! I love the pics!! You are so talented! And with the whole ear piercings, I had to get used to feeling the inside of my ear trying to get in the earring. Mum and I got into a spat so I had to learn how to do it myself XD and post pics of your friend! BTW when are you gonna go to the Halloween Disneyland thingy? I am totally going on the 26th. It was the cheapest and the closest to Halloween.

Nessa: Yay for boobies and finishing the Ariel Cosplay!! I can't wait to see pics!

Faraday: you are so adorable as S.W.!! >w< I just wanna pinch those white as snow cheeks hahaha. I would think organza would work very well, but those puffs on her skirt look like metal O_o. That will be fun. Super cool if they were able to glow XD Oh dear my imagination is going out of whack again. I hope you go to the Halloween thing at Disneyland!! >w<

Suzie: HOGWARTS SCARVES?! Post pics when you have them done!! I TOTALLY wanna be Cho Chang one of these days! My friend is the write for the Very Potter Musical and we've been joking about dressing up like the Hogwarts students for kicks XD I wants!

Capn: Ok if you are going to do the whole light up eyes then GO FOR THE MASK! EPIC!! XD AWESOME!

EVERYONE! I WANNA SEE PICS!! >w< lol especially if you are going to AX! I really wanted to go, but I have plans and it's busy at work during the 4th of July weekend XP
xoxo
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #3791
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Capn: New York Comic Con/New York Anime Festival is a joint comic/anime con in NYC. It's on October 8-10 and it's in the Jacob Javitz center. I will be there all three days, I'm taking the train up so I can take all my costumes. My tentative schedule is Giselle on Fri, Scarlett on Sat and Ayame on Sun, but weather permitting on Giselle and Ayame; I might switch them. It'd be cool if we could meet up ^^

I'm currently working on my Metrocon project but I might have Giselle done for Metrocon, too. Maybe. I have to have it done by August 11th....but I might need those extra two weeks after Metrocon to finish it =/
Unread 07-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #3792
Arista
Once Upon a Dream

Hi guys,

A little off-topic, but I thought people here would want to know...

Yesterday, Illene Woods, the voice of Cinderella, passed away at age 81.

And to make this on-topic, I'm going to attempt to style my Aurora bangs today. Woooo... XD
Unread 07-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #3793
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

LKD- What do you think? Sorry about him being a little lumpy again, and as for the feather, it has wire in it, so you can just adjust it.

Capn- Is there a college that offers stagecraft classes near you? My school has stagecraft classes where students make masks. Maybe you could find someone who teaches a class or has taken it and they could show you how to make a mask. It may sound strange, but it may be worth a shot. And you certainly like to cosplay the bad guys, don't you?

Arista- Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear that, although I didn't know she was still alive.

Nessa- I can't wait to see your completed costumes next weekend~

Sam- You're lucky getting to take the train! I've never been on one.....
Plus, it would be fun to get some pictures on the train.

So I'm thinking about cosplaying Esmeralda. I know I'm a bit pale for her, but if I can do Jasmine, I might be able to be her.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #3794
Faraday
oh modern man.

I heard about that, Arista May she rest in peace <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Faraday- I love all the dresses from that parade! Are you coming down for Halloween?

I finally decided when to do Bo Peep XD Whenever I get a man to be Woody *.* Bo/Woody gives me warm feelings x3 D: Someone here must do et xD
Still no idea -- if not this year, then next (mos' def'). I still have to work something out with my friend in the area so I miss as little school time as possible. (I hate that I have to complete a specific ammount of hours in order to graduate, but it's necessary, le sigh.)
And I might not be a man, but I still want to cosplay Woody. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisuKim View Post
Faraday: you are so adorable as S.W.!! >w< I just wanna pinch those white as snow cheeks hahaha. I would think organza would work very well, but those puffs on her skirt look like metal O_o. That will be fun. Super cool if they were able to glow XD Oh dear my imagination is going out of whack again. I hope you go to the Halloween thing at Disneyland!! >w<
bahaha, thank you 0:]
I was thinking of bending wire into the designs and beading it as I go. But the next best would be beading organza. But speaking of glowing: Have you seen Cinderella's Dreamlights gown?! oh my gosh. This isn't the highest quality video but it gives you an idea how it's animated.

Last edited by Faraday : 07-02-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 11:15 PM   #3795
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Arista: I posted on my FB about her! I am SOOOO sad she is gone now. Her voice will always be alive through her fans and Disney character. I was driving to work today and "A Dream is A Wish" came on my shuffle. T_T I had to keep my composure at work all day cuz her voice had to start off my Disney work day XP
Beni: I found a sunless tanner product set for $40 and it has really good reviews. made of a glucose substance, no animal product, not tested on animals, and I am going to get it! If I'm going to cosplay as Pocahontas in October I gotta at least make a tan. Maybe you should check it out if you are going for Esmeralda.
Fara: We have a cosplayer here who was looking for a Woody maybe you could crossplay and be her Woody!! hm... Gotta find who she was again T_T
Beading organza wouldn't be a problem either, glow in the dark paint might do some good too. lol. I would LOVE to see the dress glow. That video was INSANE!! :P If I find something affordable I'll definitely let you know! If you do go to the Halloween event PLEASE let me know when! I bought tixs for the 26th so hopefully we can all meet up!

My turn! I found fabric for Poca, saved up $$. Once I settled in SD I'll see if Ariel can start the magic and then hopefully we will be in time to rock out!
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote