Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1048 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #3826
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@ Nessa ~ Thanks for the tips/opinions on the collar. I've decided i hate it and i'm gunna redo it before the shoot (egad one week!) Also LOVE the SW bathing suit!!! Looks great!

And I'm not brining my FN!Suki only because I can't style the wig the right way. In my failed attempts last year to restyle it for a different character I want to cosplay I cut the portions I used for her top knot too short to allow me to do it again. BUT have no fear. I made a design of a kind of "Kyoshi Island" beach wear. here:http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/q...dbeachsuki.jpg (still unsure about the wrap though =/)

but to get back on topic since this IS a disney thread and Avatar:TLAB isn't disney.

I didn't get any work on belle done this past weekend cuz I've had a pretty nasty cold that's taken alot out of me. But I'm gunna kick this stupid thing before the photoshoot. >< So I'll probably be working up till friday X.x But dangit i'll get this stuff done!!!!!!
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #3827
nessabutterfly

Inconspicuous-- yup, I can swim in it. It's all fully lined swim/dance spandex.

Ruhi-- I hope the new collar turns out great. I actually didn't do the proper collar on mine because it was a last minute costume for a stage show and I intended to wear the shirt in my normal wardrobe (3 years later and I haven't even once though)

I think the kyoshi island suit is ADORABLE and I hope it turns out well. Can't wait to see it finished!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #3828
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Nessa ~ Thanks

And I just wanted to post this cuz i LOVE LOVE LOVE her dress http://littlemissmint.deviantart.com/#/d2npoly

and this cuz someone mentioned it earlier http://littlemissmint.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2l3z26

:3
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #3829
Ariel_VanDeKamp

@LKD, you girls look GORGEOUS. I love love love your group, and your costume simply rocks. You look so pretty in it!

@RisuKim you know I'm not at home now, but you can email me anytime you need, I check my inbox each day :3.

@inconspicuous, your proyect is looking amazing! I love the ears, they're so cute.

@Suzie glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates blu ray here XDD.
Ariel_VanDeKamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #3830
inconspicuous

Ariel: Thanks! I just finished the ears/bow today. The ears aren't the same proportion as the actuall Miss Kitty, but when I made them bigger, they ended up looking goofy.

For anyone else who didn't see:http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Miss%20Kitty/

Nessa: Awesome; I've never seen a coplay that was useful outside conventions. That'd be so fun to wear at the beach.
inconspicuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #3831
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Ariel- Seriously!! It makes me SO angry that they are trying to force us to buy Blu Ray!! That's the same thing Nintendo is doing, releasing new DSs every week. lol

Ruhi- good lock with the new collar- I hate the way mine turned out on my first try...lol That blouse has been hanging in the closet since I made it. Awful, awful, awful.....XD
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #3832
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

*finally went through all the pages* Okay that was long.

AX was just amazing! And proof that Disney eats up the crowd.
Even though I wasn't dressed as Disney on Thursday I pricked myself so many times with pins I felt like I was going to pull a Sleeping Beauty soon. XD
Friday and Saturday consisted of being bombarded by photos, both with LKD and Rad_Apple and later when I ran into Traci Hines (Arielle's) group. Also loved running into techrabbit13 as Maleficent and a Dr. Facilier, but they both "died" on me and I ended up being the only villain once again. XP Also ended up having two unplanned photoshoots for the Queen, which I'm waiting for photos.
Disney gatherings went great on both days, thanks LKD and Rad_Apple for setting it up, and it was great seeing everyone that I know again, Arista, Yainawai, and others I know I'm forgetting, and meeting new people.

And because of that, my cosplay list has been rearranged once again. XD

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #3833
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

I saw you outside of the CA Pizza Kitchen, but I was with people and didn't want them to think I was rude for running after you and saying "Hi." You looked awesome, though.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #3834
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Inconspicuous- Your Miss Kitty just keeps getting more fabulous! I've been wanting to cosplay one of Ciderella's mice, so I might just use your cosplay for inspiration.

Welcome back California Crew! I'm so happy to hear and see from the pictures on facebook that everyone had such a good time

And the Jasmine wig has been ordered. Thank you to all who suggested I go with Linda XXL, I really think it is going to work.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #3835
CapnJackSparrow
Pirate

Gonna post my progress on Shan Yu tomorrow! Got the glove, black side of shirt done and sleeve. Lovin this costume so far!!!

Oh, if anyone cosplays as Mulan let me know! It'd be awesome to have a photoshoot then!

Last edited by CapnJackSparrow : 07-06-2010 at 12:28 AM.
CapnJackSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #3836
nessabutterfly

I have the Esmerelda swimsuit almost finished. Just easy stuff like the overskirt and headband to make now.

Tomorrow I do the fitting and put the straps on. After that I help my friend with her Mulan bathing suit. We should have a wonderful disney swimsuit group all ready for the photoshoot! Now we just have to hope it doesn't rain!

Here's a pic of Esmerelda's top http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2616291/ I'm not wearing the bottoms since it's not for me. (handy to be the same general size when making a costume for someone else though!)

Hey Ruhi-- if you don't manage to get the kiyoshi swimsuit done, bring FN Suki along anyway-- I'll have my wig there to wear later in the day and if you're gentle with it, you could borrow. (though try for the new one-- I'd love to see that in real life!)

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 07-06-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #3837
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

@SirenaBlack: Oh that was you! You could have said hi, it wouldn't have been a problem. My friends and I were just having a photoshoot rampage.

@Benihime78: Thanks. Oh, I don't know if LKD told you, but on the Thursday there happened to be a Anastasia and we both thought, "Benihime! Wait, she's in Florida. Damn it!" See, we were wishing you were there too!

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”

Last edited by Musicalpencil : 07-06-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #3838
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Sooooooo in the second part of the sketch here...I want Bo. It made me smile.
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #3839
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Nessa- I like what you have for the Esmeralda swimsuit so far! Is it okay if I borrow a page from your book and make a Tinkerbell one for myself?

Musical- awww, I wish it had been me too! Then I could have met you, LKD, and the rest of you guys on the west coast XD
By the way, has anyone told that you'd be a good Narissa from Enchanted?

Capn- Post progress pictures~ It sounds like your Shan Yu is going to scary, yet cool.
Where do you live? I think you mentioned something about living in the NY/NJ area. I cosplay Mulan and will be in that part of the country in a little over a week.

Jess- Those sketches are so cute! I looked at the rest of them too.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #3840
nessabutterfly

Beni-- Go for it! The more Disney bathing suits the better! Tinkerbell sounds like a great one to make into a swimsuit! I've been wanting to do Tink for a while (Tink and Giselle are the two Disney girls most like me!), but I've been avoiding the butt-baring dress. Why didn't *I* think of a bathing suit? I'll just have to make my own eventually too and we'll get some pics together.