Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1099 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #3931
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Nessa ~ you look amazing! The makeup looks great!~ you make such a great Snow!!! I need to do another belle makeup test myself sometime today. I haven't done it for awhile. Sucks though cuz I'm going to have to cart around my makeup kit at the photoshoot cuz i couldn't find the colors I needed in separates >.>

I can't believe the shoots tomorrow >.>
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #3932
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Nessa- I second what Sasha said!

I just got a Djali plushie for my birthday, so I might actually toss Esmeralda on my planned cosplay list . I also got a bunch of Disney Fairies stuff, including a book about Bess, a shirt that says "Self-rescuing Princes", and some really nice make-up from Claire's for all my cosplays.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #3933
CapnJackSparrow
Pirate

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40763566@N02/ Shan Yu is almost complete now, just need to make a good belt and boots or bootcovers
CapnJackSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #3934
mdelgiorno17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJackSparrow View Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40763566@N02/ Shan Yu is almost complete now, just need to make a good belt and boots or bootcovers
The doll is a really nice touch! Looking good!
mdelgiorno17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #3935
CapnJackSparrow
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdelgiorno17 View Post
The doll is a really nice touch! Looking good!
Thanks alot, I really appreciate it!
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #3936
nessabutterfly

Finished styling my Ariel wig. Or rather, practice styling-- I'll need to re-pin the bangs and back every time I put it on. Only takes a minute though so I don't care.

Front: I'm not putting on any make-up today-- gotta save my skin. And I look extra awful due to BAD lighting. But don't look at me-- look at the wig! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2623303/

And here's the back with my monster bow! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2623304/

And after I took off the wig, I decided I should pluck my eyebrows. Haven't done that in over a year. My goodness I'm lazy. I just noticed they were a little thick while I was penciling them black last night for Snow. I wish I had a red pencil for Ariel... I'll have to pick up some red lip liner maybe...

Now I'm completely ready for the shoot other than fixing Ariel's hem and tracking down my other gold flip flop.

Oh, and Capn-- it's looking good. Can't wait to see it with the mask. Are you going to get a bald cap for his head or just keep the hood up?
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #3937
CapnJackSparrow
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
Finished styling my Ariel wig. Or rather, practice styling-- I'll need to re-pin the bangs and back every time I put it on. Only takes a minute though so I don't care.

Front: I'm not putting on any make-up today-- gotta save my skin. And I look extra awful due to BAD lighting. But don't look at me-- look at the wig! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2623303/

And here's the back with my monster bow! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2623304/

Oh, and Capn-- it's looking good. Can't wait to see it with the mask. Are you going to get a bald cap for his head or just keep the hood up?
Wow! You put so much detail into everything! Awesome job, keep up the great work! And thank you, i'll actually be stitching hair into the mask
Unread 07-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #3938
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Suzie: I think POA with the film
here's a link of the one Cho wears
And Yeah Harry Potter is in Warner Bros :P I am waiting for the madness by the ocean down there to simmer down before I consider going to the Orlandoland (all the themes) hahaha

Capn: That is looking really good! Shan Yu basically tore bits and pieces off of animals to apply to his wardrobe so yay for keeping it simple. I don't think he was ever a fashionable person to follow XD

Nessa: Giant Monster Bows are the signature move for all Disney Female Characters though hahaha so you are doing a fantastic job!!
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #3939
Yainawai
Ooh, sparkles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post

And after I took off the wig, I decided I should pluck my eyebrows. Haven't done that in over a year. My goodness I'm lazy. I just noticed they were a little thick while I was penciling them black last night for Snow. I wish I had a red pencil for Ariel... I'll have to pick up some red lip liner maybe...
Looking good! If you get a thick eyeliner crayon in red it works well for the eyebrows too.

Capn, I love the doll prop!

Renge
Anastasia
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Luna
Fluttershy
Daring Do
Riza Hawkeye

Cosplay ALL of the ponies!!!
Yainawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #3940
inconspicuous

Nessa: Aww, you make the most adorable snow white. Even when you're trying to eat the bird in that one pic, lol.

Capn: I loooooooove the costume! The doll is my favorite bit, as well as the fur. Cruella De Vil would have been proud.

Ugh, I ran into another obstacle. I can't find a plain white sweater anywhere. It needs to be skin-tight as possible and the sleeves at least be elbow-length, and preferably turtleneck. Does anyone know where I could find such a shirt, or do you think I might have to make it from scratch?
inconspicuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #3941
CapnJackSparrow
Pirate

Thank you very much Risukim, Yainawai, and inconspicuous! Hope all is well with you and nothing's being too much of a pain for you
Unread 07-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #3942
Rainypuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous View Post
Nessa: Aww, you make the most adorable snow white. Even when you're trying to eat the bird in that one pic, lol.

Capn: I loooooooove the costume! The doll is my favorite bit, as well as the fur. Cruella De Vil would have been proud.

Ugh, I ran into another obstacle. I can't find a plain white sweater anywhere. It needs to be skin-tight as possible and the sleeves at least be elbow-length, and preferably turtleneck. Does anyone know where I could find such a shirt, or do you think I might have to make it from scratch?
Does it have to be a sweater? 'Cause it'll be easier to find long sleeve, white turtleneck shirts, like this one.

I hate UPS at the moment. I ordered a wig to be here for tomorrow's photo shoot, payed extra for a speedy delivery (guaranteed by today, at the latest), and it's not here and won't be here until Monday. Guess I'll have to go with my real hair..
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #3943
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Capn- Wow it looks great!!

Nessa- Your bow is soo cute! : ) The wig looks great too!! If you're familiar with Traci Hines, she uses her red lipliner for her eyebrows, too.

inconspicuous- who do you need the sweater for? Rainy is right, going with a shirt will probably be the most inexpensive way of achieving the look.

Rainy- that's no good!! That's why I don't bother with the speedy delivery, because it never gets there when they say it should.

Risu- alrighty! Let me know when you want it. : )

Ruhi- good luck with the shoot!! I can't wait to see the pics!
Unread 07-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #3944
LKD
Is a princess!!

Nessa- I used it too but are you putting Ariel after Snow or Snow before Ariel? It is a bit troublesome to take off if your wearing her first o.<
I dunno if you want to try but you can always take some of the longer hair and mix it in with your bangs to give you a lil more poof :3

I dunno if I ever told you guys but someone at AX mistook me for Traci Hines when I was Ariel x3;
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #3945
inconspicuous

RainyPuff/Suzie: Where I come from, sweater applies to really any long-sleeved shirt. Sorry for the confusion.
But you're right, the shirt works perfectly! I needed it to go with my miss-kitty costume. I wanted to make it appear as if I had white skin, kinda like this: http://culturepopped.com/wp-content/...9/05/cats2.jpg
inconspicuous is offline   Reply With Quote