Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 869 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #3946
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

inconspicuous- ohhh, lol that's neat!

LKD- haha that's kind of awesome!!

Yay, I'm so excited to get my shoes!! The ones Jessica's sending to me. : ) I'll post pics when I get them.

Unread 07-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #3947
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Nessa- I used it too but are you putting Ariel after Snow or Snow before Ariel? It is a bit troublesome to take off if your wearing her first o.<
I dunno if you want to try but you can always take some of the longer hair and mix it in with your bangs to give you a lil more poof :3

I dunno if I ever told you guys but someone at AX mistook me for Traci Hines when I was Ariel x3;
Ariel is last, so it won't be too bad to get the red off, but I'm doing black eyeliner on my brows for Snow, so I'll need to bring make-up remover for that. Luckily eyeliner is easier to remove than lipliner. My poor nearly colourless brows! They're actually a lot lighter than my hair. (Of course that's probably why I can get away without plucking, so I'm not complaining.)

Now, time to sleep. Have to be up by 6 to get into my makeup. On the road by 7 am! Pretty pics, here I come. I'm taking my own camera with me so I can post some teaser shots right away instead of having to wait for the photographers. I learned that the hard way-- still waiting for Haru pics from Megacon in MARCH!

'Night all! See some of you in the morning.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #3948
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Nessa- Sweet Dreams!! I can't wait to see the pics from your shoot! They're gonna be great! You really do make the loveliest Snow White. : ) But, wow, that photog needs to get his butt in gear! lol

lol Now I really want to cosplay Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins. : ) I was inspired by Jessica/Uchiha saying the white character shoes are pretty much what she wears in the park.

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 07-09-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #3949
Rainypuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous View Post
RainyPuff/Suzie: Where I come from, sweater applies to really any long-sleeved shirt. Sorry for the confusion.
But you're right, the shirt works perfectly! I needed it to go with my miss-kitty costume. I wanted to make it appear as if I had white skin, kinda like this: http://culturepopped.com/wp-content/...9/05/cats2.jpg
Ahh I see
Well if you need a good place to find skin-tight gloves and tights, try www.welovecolors.com
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #3950
nessabutterfly

Okay-- that photoshoot was seriously SOOO fun. Us Disney girls got some love! (from the photographers and onlookers alike).

Gotta say though-- that is the most I have ever sweated in my ENTIRE life!!! 11.5 hours outside in Florida sunshine in July. Ugh. I sweated so much that I got slightly dehydrated and very mineral deficent resulting in the WORST leg cramps of my entire life on the way home (and since I'm home too). These are so bad that they leave me screaming. They actually rival unmedicated childbirth if you can believe it!!

Anyway, now I'm home and stretching and loading up on fluids (and had a banana since potassium is one of the big minerals to prevent cramps. Next time I bring a bottle or two of Gatorade in addition to water!

As far as costumes, they all came out so lovely! Cait joined our bathing suit group at the beach in Melody, and then she, Sasha and I finished off the evening in Meg, Belle, and Ariel respectively. The photographers could take up to a month to get us the pics BUT I made sure to snap at least one or two pics of each costume with my own camera to share with you guys! They'll have to wait for tomorrow because I am SOOOO tired that I'm nearly shaking. And I still need to shower the crazy sweat off myself. Ugh-- I'm so saturated that salt crystals actually formed on my face!

Anyway, pretty pics tomorrow I hope!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #3951
Miyukisetsu
For the Lulz

/sneaks in
Hi everyone!! I had no idea there was a Disney specific thread...o____o I should have found this when I was having panic attacks about making my last Belle dress. XDXD

SDCC 2011 - Disney's Belle, Lara Croft
Miyukisetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #3952
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
Okay-- that photoshoot was seriously SOOO fun. Us Disney girls got some love! (from the photographers and onlookers alike).

Gotta say though-- that is the most I have ever sweated in my ENTIRE life!!! 11.5 hours outside in Florida sunshine in July. Ugh. I sweated so much that I got slightly dehydrated and very mineral deficent resulting in the WORST leg cramps of my entire life on the way home (and since I'm home too). These are so bad that they leave me screaming. They actually rival unmedicated childbirth if you can believe it!!
Dehydration is nasty business. I work outside all day in the heat, and in polyester too. Talk about not breathing! Drink TONS of water - I average about 10 bottles a day, and one Powerade halfway through to refuel. Cause too much Gatorade/Powerade is just as bad.

A question though for you guys costume related - any advice on applique? I'm having some serious trouble with mine - the upper thread keeps breaking and no matter how I adjust the machine, whether it be tension, length, width, rethreading the upper and lower tension, it doesn't get better. I am trying to finish the edges of a design to make it look really nice and the test fabric works fine, and the first couple of stitches work fine but after about 1/2 inch, it starts to create gaps and skip stitches. Any help/suggestions?
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #3953
inconspicuous

Rainypuff: I'm thinking about ordering a pair of gloves from that site; They're a lot better than the pair I have.

nessa: I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I can't imagine doing a photoshoot for that long, especially right in the middle of summer!
inconspicuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #3954
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Despite being outside in the heat/humidity and being exhausted and sore today, that photoshoot was so worth it. I had so much fun and really liked debuting Melody and Meg. During the beach part as Mel, I found these cool little snails and a really pretty starfish in the waves. Not to mention James was a fun Eric.
Meg was also a lot of fun to be. The fountain pictures at the end of the day were fun to get too. It was also really nice when the other people at the shoot noticed the Greek key fancy stitching that I used on certain parts of my dress.

@Jessica- I'm not really sure what to do about that. Have you thought about telling/showing the people in JoAnn's sewing machine section about the problem? The only help I can really offer is try using a more heavy duty needle, but I doubt that would help the thread issue =/

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #3955
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Nessa- Oh my goodness!! I hope you got plenty of rest today!! I can't wait to see the pics!

Miyukisetsu- Welcome to the thread!! You make a lovely Belle!! I'm simultaneously working on Briar Rose and Belle. My first attempt at Belle's blouse was fail-tastic, so that will be remade. Honestly, the construction wasn't that bad, but the collar was all wonky and the fabric I used was crap. lol

Beni- I can't wait to see the pictures from the shoot!! I wanna see your Eric! ^_~

I covered a headband for Briar Rose today- it gave me more trouble than the corset has (so far)!! XD I finally resorted to using hot glue, which actually worked really well. I think I may get all Disneyland with it and put rhinestones on it. I know a peasant-girl wouldn't have had rhinestones, but....... :3

Well, guys, I think I am going to have to resort to making a duct tape dress form. I am simply unwilling to spend $100 on one. At least until I really get into doing costume commissions, when I'll actually need an adjustable one.

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 07-11-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #3956
Miyukisetsu
For the Lulz

Suzie - Thanks for the welcome! Briar Rose's dress is one of my favorites...I can't wait to see it finished.

SDCC 2011 - Disney's Belle, Lara Croft
Miyukisetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #3957
LKD
Is a princess!!

Woah we've been moved XD Gotta fix my bookmark on my cell now O.< I'm bored at the disney store watching my cousins make a sequel for patf XD they stuck a soccer ball under the Tiana plush's dress and somehow gave birth to Weezy XD
Unread 07-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #3958
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Miyukisetsu- You're very welcome!! Here's a pic of my progress on the corset, if you're interested:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2622352/

LKD- Haha I was so confused. The new layout for the forums is kinda weird, but sensible. lol @ the story! haha
Unread 07-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #3959
LKD
Is a princess!!

X3 Now that I'm home I can actually comment right

Miyu- I love how you do your bangs for Belle :3 You actually have the widow's peak X3

Suzie- My 1st,2nd and 3rd attempt at her collar screwed me over XD I sorta have it right now o.< Aren't headbands a pain?! I just gave up and buy my headbands in different colors for like $1 at the fashion district xD My friend found the headband I use at Claires, it's really cute and works with her X3 http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2495102/ :3

Beni and Nessa- I can't wait to see pictures! I'm sorry about the pain it caused ya'll though >.<

uchiha- Maybe it's your thread? Try buying the embroidery thread?
Unread 07-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #3960
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- Ugh, I hate my first collar. It was a nice try, but it was wayyy to small (width-wise) and too short to go around the neck hole thing. lol I really love the way the ones at the Parks look, but I'm not sure exactly how to accomplish that look. Ugh, I hate headbands!! The outside looks nice, but the inside- not so much. The on you use for Rose is pretty!!