Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 984 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #3976
LKD
Is a princess!!

Suzie- Lies! Look at your picture! They're..closed! XD; Shhh don't kill my excuse :P

Another question..anyone have a good detailed shot of Park Tiana's dress? O.< I can't seem to find one now that I need it :/

Unread 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #3977
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- Oh yeah! She doesn't even have eyes!! XD
This??:
http://www.indigofrost.com/etc/tiana-times-2-lrg.jpg
and
http://planeteyetraveler.com/wp-cont...0/03/Tiana.jpg

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 07-11-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #3978
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@LKD ~ here's a good shot http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20...MsSaturday.jpg
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #3979
ItalianPeach

I finished my Kida, and debuted it this weekend! I need to upload some pictures. I loved wearing it!

Now on to Tinkerbell!

Dragon*Con: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Cordelia Chase (Angel), Jessica Moore (Supernatural), Red Playboy Bunny, Belle (OuaT), Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff (The Inhumans), Abigail Brand (X-Men)

NYCC: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 9), Scarlett (GI Jo), TBA

Super Mega Fest: Princess Python (Serpant Society), TBA
ItalianPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #3980
LKD
Is a princess!!

Ooo Thank you ^^ I'm looking for details of the bottom though >.< I remember it was an eyelet fabric but I don't really remember it
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #3981
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

Awee okay well I'll keep an eye out for you ;3

::EDIT::

what about this one? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zJWdkyf1rV...s-tiana-04.jpg
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #3982
LKD
Is a princess!!

Ooo that one works x3 Is it sad that I think Tyra is the ugliest one there <<; XD; I'm such a hater -gets slapped-
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #3983
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

No, I agree. XD At least with that face she is making. She looks like she is in pain. lol

This is random, but can anyone tell me the difference between organza and chiffon?
Unread 07-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #3984
nessabutterfly

Suzie-- organza is a little stiff and usually has a sheen to it. Still sheer, but small pieces can actually hold their own shape vertically. You can also pinch folds into it and it will stay.

Chiffon is like water-- all drapey and flowy. No structure to it at all.

Does that help?
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:00 AM   #3985
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Nessa- That indeed helps! I would imagine chiffon is rather difficult to work with? lol Which do you think would be better suited for flowy skirts? I need one or the other for Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday dress, among many other Disney costumes.
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #3986
nessabutterfly

Well, both would be for an overskirt only... Chiffon kinda drapes and pools... It's too soft for something like Belle's yellow dress-- you'd want Organza for those sorts of drapey bits that have some shape. The arm drapes would be good in Organza too.

Mary Poppins is a little tricky though. Chiffon is def. too soft, but Organza might be too stiff. It almost looks like a really fine soft tulle or netting. I would actually go to the fabric store and play with all the bolts and choose based on feel rather than title. I always do it that way. There are some less specifically labeled sheers out there that might be a better in between. You want something that you can put your hand under and have it drape off the side at about a 45 degree angle. Chiffon would drape straight down and organza would be nearly parallel to your hand. A silk organza might be a little softer, but def. more expensive. If you can't get a nice in between, I would actually layer the two: underskirt, organza for shape, and then a top layer of chiffon for nice drape. The chiffon would tame a little of the organza's stiffness too.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #3987
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Thank you! I would definitely play with the fabrics before purchasing them, I just wanted to get an idea. So organza would work well for a petticoat? For Mary, I'm kinda combining the film and the park designs, and I want a red petti like she has in the movie. It's much fuller than what the face characters wear at the parks.

Agh, there's no way I could afford silk! If only...lol Thanks for your advice!
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #3988
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

I got to get my butt over to Fashion District someday. I wish I could go this weekend since I'll be in LA anyway, but my dad's taking me. He's not going to want to go to Fashion District, and he only knows it for the high end stores anyway. Besides, even if we did it would just be him latching himself to me and ask me a bunch of questions of "what do you need this for? Won't this (insert completely innaccurate) fabric work? Why do you need to do that? etc." It's like trying to teach a two-year-old quantum physics! ><

On a happier note: I bought a ring for Maleficent!
...And that's probably going to be the simplest thing about her costume.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #3989
Faraday
oh modern man.

I'm so lost with this new layout, I didn't even know Disney topics warranted it's own section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
Thank you! I would definitely play with the fabrics before purchasing them, I just wanted to get an idea. So organza would work well for a petticoat? For Mary, I'm kinda combining the film and the park designs, and I want a red petti like she has in the movie. It's much fuller than what the face characters wear at the parks.

Agh, there's no way I could afford silk! If only...lol Thanks for your advice!
I used organza on the outer layer of my Snow skirt, in the larger versions of this picture you can see the texture and drape better: http://faidoi.smugmug.com/Cosplay/Ki...00469089_9vZXs
Originally I bought it for a Silk Spectre I cosplay, I realized it was much too stiff and didn't flow nicely so I opted for chiffon for SSI instead. But for Mary, imo, organza would be easier to sew the details on without pulling the fabric's weave, but who knows, maybe when you get there you'll even find some awesome lace fabric instead.
For a petticoat I'd use tulle, the thicker the netting the fluffier (but stiffer) it'll be, organza wouldn't add much volume on it's own.
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #3990
TR Rose
Meowing About

I finally got started making Belle's skirt over the weekend. Realized too late that I needed giant pieces to make her gathers look good... so I had to remake the skirt pieces to be 80 inches long! I'm kind of Frankensteining several patterns together, so I'm hoping it turns out ok. Basically I'm referring to the child-size Belle dress pattern from Simplicity for the technique, but using adult sized pieces on the skirt, and then another pattern entirely for the bodice. Already it looks so happy and poofy!

I'm getting all kinds of motivation to work on Belle because I'm going to see the BatB musical this Wednesday. ^^
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote