Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 663 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #4021
Rainypuff

o.o I think historically accurate bathing suits would be horribly uncomfortable. They wore dresses to the beach and covered pretty much everything, 'cause they wanted to stay pale.

I went thrift shopping today n_n found clip on earrings, shoes, and a little purse that I can use for Lottie! Everything was either $2 or $3. The shoes are a little small, so we're going to try soaking them in water then stretching them to fit on my feet. The earrings aren't exact, but they're prettier than the ones I made xD And the purse isn't needed, but it's still cute.
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #4022
LKD
Is a princess!!

Rainy- Ooo what cute shoes! The purse is perfect x3 I used my Coach bag and I was all, "..how old is this company?" XD

Beni- I sprayed mine with the Motions spray and it kept it untangled :3 The waves help it so it doesn't tangle insanely like straight wigs The only reason mine was tangled was when I took it to the park and the wind got it all pllp xD

Ruhi- I love the first one ^-^ So cute!

Necro- Ooo I think I'll get some then x3 Odette has purple eyes? I'm going to be doing her child dress for AX next year X3 I even have a Lil Derek to accompany me~

Oh I saw Toy Story 3 again and I'm conflicted now T^T Should I do the outfit Bonnie is first wearing? Green striped dress with shorts and mismatched socks with purple mary janes or the outfit she has in the end? Green overalls, green/purple striped shirt with the tutu with the rainboots? >.< They're both sooo cuute

Last edited by LKD : 07-13-2010 at 09:12 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #4023
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@LKD Tutu one
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #4024
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Beni- I sprayed mine with the Motions spray and it kept it untangled :3 The waves help it so it doesn't tangle insanely like straight wigs The only reason mine was tangled was when I took it to the park and the wind got it all pllp xD
Motions - I love thee. Wish I had discovered the beauty of it before I wore, and have now ruined my C.C wig....

But I totally covered my two newest wigs in it.
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #4025
Kat326
UNLEASH THE FURY!

Hey everyone! My Milo Thatch cosplay is done, and I had a blast wearing it at Connecticon this past weekend with my pal, who was Kida! I uploaded a few pics to my gallery, hopefully I'll get more soon/at Otakon in a few weeks. =]
Unread 07-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #4026
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Suzie: PM
Nessa: I think that's a good thing if you have colorless brows, it's easier to cosplay with different hair color. It throws me off sometimes when someone is wearing a white wig with dark brown/black brows, ya know?
Miyu: Welcome!! <3
Kat: How Cute! Love the pics!! <3
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #4027
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Something funny I forgot to mention yesterday. I went to the doctor's office yesterday and in the family medication area Little Mermaid was playing on the TV and scene happened to be the Poor Unfortunate Souls segment. I was feeling happy because "hey it's Disney, and the villain segment, what a coincidence" Then I think "wait, Poor Unfortunate souls is playing...in a hospital. ~.O" Yeah, another coincidence.

Now back to cosplay: I came up with an idea today while thinking about my Dr. Facilier cosplay. I'm thinking about having another person be his "shadow", since it basically moves on it's own free will. It'll be the same outfit but they'll be all black, a la Anti-Sora in Kingdom Hearts. But aside from finding someone who'll do it, should the "Shadow" be near my height or is it better if the person is taller?

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 03:55 AM   #4028
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Dude, that is such a cool idea.

Imho the person should be as close to your height as possible. I think it will get the point accrossed better. But taller would be cool, too.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #4029
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalpencil View Post
Something funny I forgot to mention yesterday. I went to the doctor's office yesterday and in the family medication area Little Mermaid was playing on the TV and scene happened to be the Poor Unfortunate Souls segment. I was feeling happy because "hey it's Disney, and the villain segment, what a coincidence" Then I think "wait, Poor Unfortunate souls is playing...in a hospital. ~.O" Yeah, another coincidence.

Now back to cosplay: I came up with an idea today while thinking about my Dr. Facilier cosplay. I'm thinking about having another person be his "shadow", since it basically moves on it's own free will. It'll be the same outfit but they'll be all black, a la Anti-Sora in Kingdom Hearts. But aside from finding someone who'll do it, should the "Shadow" be near my height or is it better if the person is taller?
I think taller because the shadows are usually elongated because of the angle of the sun and such. It's how you can measure the height of a tree without climbing it.
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #4030
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

LKD: She sure does =) http://images2.fanpop.com/images/qui...34_500_281.jpg

I was excited when I found that out, because I had originally just gotten the box of purple for Aurora =P
Unread 07-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #4031
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Kat ~ Milo That's awesome~ Can't wait to see pictures

@Musical ~ I agree, same height would be best. That's a really neat idea too

::Edit::

@Kat ~ This isn't you guys is it? http://crzyjewishotaku.deviantart.co...1238521?q=&qo=

Last edited by RuhiNunchuck : 07-14-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #4032
Kat326
UNLEASH THE FURY!

@Ruhi: Yep, that's me (the link you posted is my DeviantArt account lol)!

@Risu: Thanks! 8D
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #4033
Miyukisetsu
For the Lulz

I'm gonna kill Deviantart...it hasn't been working the last 2 days for me...just not loading. >:| GRR!
I've been trying to find good places to do a photoshoot in my Belle costume..I've found a few old castle looking buildings and some parks that would make for nice scenery. <_< I just have to teach my fiance how to take a decent picture. XD

SDCC 2011 - Disney's Belle, Lara Croft
Miyukisetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #4034
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Kat ~ Lol i totally saw it in one of the cosplay groups on there like RIGHT after reading your post. you guys look really awesome

So I was watching Beauty and the Beast while working on a costume commission and I realized something about Belle and her blue dress. The only times she really wears the apron with it is up until she leaves to go find Maurice at the castle. I've seen this movie maybe a million times and just NOW realized that. Lol

Also I'm considering remaking my blue dress out of sateen. Probably after Metrocon though. >.>
Unread 07-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #4035
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Musical- That's kinda messed up(referring to the hospital story), but I'm with everyone who says your shadow should be taller. It might make it more menacing too.

LKD- Tutu outfit HANDS DOWN!

Kat- You make an adorably dorky Milo(that's not meant to be an insult, sorry if it came out that way)! My face went like this ^3^ when I saw it lol. Have you thought about being Bobble from the Tinkerbell movies?

LKD and Jess- Thanks for suggesting the Motion spray. Its really going to help when I got to start the whole styling process.

I forgot to mention that I found some earrings that would work for Jasmine yesterday while picking up some clothes to wear to NY. One pair is the wrong style, but in the perfect gold and turquoise colors and the other pair is more of the right style, but silver. I might just cover it with gold nail polish or something.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote