Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 976 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #4051
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- ;-P And that dress is really cute!! Even my boobage would be too much for it tho. XD

Unread 07-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #4052
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
nessa- Everytime I see your snow pics I always say to myself that even though your "post-baby" you have a very nice figure x3
Yes, but I was sucking in so hard for those pictures that I was sore for 3 days! Now, if I constantly had to walk around showing my stomach and holding it in, I might actually look like that for real.

Oh exercise. If only I had time for you (and motivation...)
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #4053
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Nessa- Oh, be quiet, you look great!! But that was funny. lol I hate exercise, but I force myself to. Sometimes. XD I'm sooo lazy.

Wow, this is totally unrelated, but I just had a gay guy tell me that if he wasn't gay, he'd date me. o_O Anyone else ever have that happen??
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #4054
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@LKD ~ Yeah when i remake my dress out of sateen i'm going to do it with the waist seam. Gotta be accurate dangit xD

@Nessa ~ I'm right there with you on the whole exercise thing. Lack of time and/or motivation can be a killer xD

So I'm back to staring at fabric at work that I want to get for Belle's Yellow dress (based off of the original version but I changed it up a bit cuz well...i wanted to xD). But do you think this will be a good hoopskirt/petticoat thing for it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I've been watching it for awhile and I want to get it but idk if it'll work or not. It's meant for wedding dresses so it'll hold up to a belle dress.

Also planning on ordering extra wig wefts to make my town belle wig's bang's fuller. Just gotta wait till after metrocon. fffffffff

and if i had to choose a obscure disney character....i'd have to say....either Attina, Aquata,Alana, orAndrina (4 of ariel's sisters). I love them all so much lol

Last edited by RuhiNunchuck : 07-15-2010 at 12:36 AM.
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #4055
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Ruhi- trying to find fabric for Belle's gown is soo difficult!!
Can you try posting a new ebay link? that one doesnt want to work for me.

Andrina= purple= love.
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #4056
LKD
Is a princess!!

Nessa- X3 You have an excuse, unlike me T^T I hate being flabby..damn you vegas
suzie- XD I had one but he was like my bff XP; Trust me at least it wasn't a creepy old man photog <<;
ruhi- That's the one I used for mine :3 The crinoline goes flat after awhile though o.<
This is with it new (I was wearing my friend's new one XP) http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2620980/ , and this is when its flat http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2416417/

Oh I found another shot of one of my fav Belle gowns 83
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8674970...es-roxiepoxie/
I still remember how gorgeous it looks in person *.* Christmas is taking forever to see it again XD

Last edited by LKD : 07-15-2010 at 12:53 AM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #4057
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Musicalpencil: That's HILARIOUS!! XD But The other person being the Shadow is Brilliant! I will agree with Uchiha though, the Shadow should be longer er... taller.
Benihime: If you were going to be the feather duster mind you the human form is just a super sexy maid outfit XD For more comedy and recognition you should go for the duster form.
Kat: Yes! You would be a fantastic Bobble!!
CartoonHero: Perry the Platypus!? Of course you would be noticeable! But remember the hat; Otherwise you would be seen as just a platypus.
LKD: You mean Jane? She is a main character, but then again she WAS from a sequel so I would go with try it.
Rainy: If you do carry an "Oliver" then you should be recognized by the older crowds of children.
Nessa: Hm... I would probably pick... hm... Tiger Lily? Would she count? Or maybe even Alana? lol I was her for a day technically, but I don't think it really counts. I was mistaken for as Melody more than Alana XD
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #4058
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Sasha- Jill, Sam, and I were thinking about having an Ariel and her mer-sisters group if you want to join in on that. I think I wound up with Adella.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 07-15-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #4059
TR Rose
Meowing About

I got to see the Beauty and the Beast musical last night (Dallas) for the first time and I absolutely loved it. Now I want to make the Broadway version of her blue village dress, it's just so pretty! I wasn't as crazy about her ballgown in this version but it was interesting in that it had a layer of pink sheer over the yellow (at least in the ending sequence). I got a copy of the program book for future costume reference. ^^

As for obscure characters... I've done Vanessa who isn't too recognizable. I'm idly considering making Belle's green library dress, because I don't really have much in the way of green costumes. I don't think it's very recognizable though.

I would love to see more rare Disney cosplays. ^^ But I'm afraid I wouldn't recognize them in person. Haha, I just remembered that when I was little, I wanted to be the little village girl from the end of Jungle Book. I don't remember much about her except that she carried a pitcher of water on her head and I would sing along with her song on the Jungle Book record. (I also remember singing along with "I'm Wishing" on the Snow White record). Gah, I feel a bit old now...
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #4060
uniquecreator
Costume Designer

The little Jungle Book girl is Ashanti. Growing up does not mean that you should not persue being a character, that is what fantasy is all about. People that are creative and love fantasy(the good fantasy) smile, laugh and enjoy life more.
uniquecreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #4061
TR Rose
Meowing About

Oh, I only meant I feel old because I had those soundtracks on vinyl records (and still have a few of them lying around somewhere in storage). Not for enjoying Disney. ^^;
• 10th Doctor
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #4062
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
I don't remember much about her except that she carried a pitcher of water on her head and I would sing along with her song on the Jungle Book record. (I also remember singing along with "I'm Wishing" on the Snow White record). Gah, I feel a bit old now...
I have a number of Disney vinyls....including the Wonderful World of Disney one. It's scary. Then again, I remember when good movies were put into the Master Piece Collection on VHS.
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #4063
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaGirl View Post
I have a number of Disney vinyls....including the Wonderful World of Disney one. It's scary. Then again, I remember when good movies were put into the Master Piece Collection on VHS.
Me too! I remember being so excited when my mom would get my sisters and I the latest VHS release. Not to mention the old way all the movies used to start. Sometimes I pop in an old VHS tape just for nostalgia's sake. Its amazing how much the quality, especially the color has changed since the advent of the DVD.
Speaking of DVDs, I picked up Pocahontas today. Now all I have to do is find The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #4064
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

The Little Mermaid went back in the vault 2 years ago
Beauty and the Beast will be released hopefully November.
Lol I work for Disney so I get this news :3
I have maybe 6 Disneys on DVD. My dad doesn't see the point on getting the DVD if we have it on VHS :P *lame llama* lol
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #4065
TR Rose
Meowing About

If you've got a Movie Trading Company, Entertainmart, or any other kind of store nearby that buys/sells/trades movies, you stand a good chance of finding Disneys that are officially in the vault. I don't recommend Ebay (where I got a bootleg version of The Enchanted Christmas).

@RisuKim: Do you know if this release of Beauty and the Beast is any different from the 2002 DVD release? (Aside from possibly BluRay). I heard that the original Laserdisc version had some different footage, but that may just be an urban legend.
• 10th Doctor