Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 667 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #4366
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

ODP!- omg I'm soo jealous of all your fabricynesss!! lol And thats fine you already have fabric for the corset. : )I'm reeeally tempted to get the Claudia wig for her as well!

Unread 07-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #4367
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCookie2111 View Post
@Nessa- Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to do that instead of using crazy glue.

@Benihime- Awesome your going to AFO as well. I'll make sure to be on the look out for you. As you know I'm working on Tiana's dress for AFO, I'm hoping to enter it in the costume contest this year. ><
I hate to tell you, but AFO only allows Japanese-based costumes in the contest. They *might* let you in if they're really low on entries, but you wouldn't be able to qualify for an award (I judged the contest a few years ago). It'd be great to see though, and you could go onstage either way-- if they deny you because of the North-American-ness, just ask to go on as an exhibition only.

No Disne at AFO for me this year... Unless you count the Disney partnership on the Ghibli stuff-- we're doing Ponyo along with a huge Ghibli group on Saturday. I'll even put on Haru (Cat Returns) later.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #4368
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Crimson: Yay! Welcome?

Ashley: How cute! Bo & Woody are the cutest things ever! I can't wait to see pictures. You going to D-land's or WDW's??
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #4369
CrazyCookie2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
I hate to tell you, but AFO only allows Japanese-based costumes in the contest. They *might* let you in if they're really low on entries, but you wouldn't be able to qualify for an award (I judged the contest a few years ago). It'd be great to see though, and you could go onstage either way-- if they deny you because of the North-American-ness, just ask to go on as an exhibition only.

No Disne at AFO for me this year... Unless you count the Disney partnership on the Ghibli stuff-- we're doing Ponyo along with a huge Ghibli group on Saturday. I'll even put on Haru (Cat Returns) later.
@Nessa: Thanks for the heads up. If you didn't noticed this is my first time entering a costume contest. Well I'm going to still enter, cause you never know.

You're a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
CrazyCookie2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #4370
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

LKD- That's fine. Now I have an excuse to buy a pair of those cute kiddie wings from The Disney Store XD. I was just in there today to get a Naveen for Jill and saw a pair.

Nessa- Do it! Your family cosplay groups are made of win! Plus, seeing Anya as a kitty would just be too cute.

Cookie- Are you on facebook? I was able to enter the costume contest as Anastasia last year, even though she's a Don Bluth character. I think they let me in because the judges liked how the costume looked. It also wouldn't hurt to email them. I already asked them if Disney characters would be allowed and maybe they'll be more willing to say yes if multiple people ask.

Today, I went to JCP and found a necklace that could work for Jasmine as well as a set of bangles that would look nice with the cosplay too. I was able to get both for about $13, which was great too. The necklace is broken in one place, but that can be fixed with the aid of a jump ring

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #4371
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

nessa: I agree with Beni Dooo eeet!

Beni: Lucky JCP deals, right? I love them so much. I guess I was zoned out, I didn't know you were going to cosplay as Jasmine!! *Joy Dance* Stoked.
And FB add me! I made a Disney Princess cosplay group! Join it too. <3
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #4372
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Sirena- Yeah, there's a big thread about it over in the Wigs and Hair subforum. : (

ODP!- (My phone cut me off earlier) I can't believe you were able to get sooo much fabric!! Me jealous. lol You're going to be busy!! Blah- I need to go to Hancock's for Belle's dress fabric. I might be find something suitable for the blouse at Walmart; we shall see. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to doing that collar again...^_^

Risu- Yay I joined the fb group!

Beni- Nice finds!! I think I need to make a trip to JCP....lol

lol at everyone saying "DO EEEETTT" now. XD

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 07-29-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #4373
CrazyCookie2111

@Benihime : Aww thanks for the support! XD I hope that they'll allow! >< But if they don't oh well! Oh yes I have a facebook! Would you like to add me, cause I'll be happy to send you my contact information.

You're a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
CrazyCookie2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #4374
Miyukisetsu
For the Lulz

I didn't get to do my Belle hair for the line this evening...and it's for the best considering we didn't even have to wait. O___o there was no line! That hasn't happened in the 5 years I've been going to this convention. We usually have to wait 3 hours. Honestly, I think it's because we got there really early. A few friends of mine went a couple hours later than I did and said the line was pretty long. Lucky me! But...$10 parking ticket for only 20 minutes = boo.
I have my dress all laid out and I finished up the straps, so it's all ready to go! I'm soo excited, especially for the big Disney meet saturday. >3<

SDCC 2011 - Disney's Belle, Lara Croft
Miyukisetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #4375
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Risu- Thanks for the encouragement! I'm a bit nervous about cosplaying Jasmine since I'm pale, but I'm going to make it all blingy and unique so that people will hopefully overlook that.

Suzie+Risu- JCP is awesome! They have such nice and cute things and almost always have some kind of deal going on. Jill and I went there a few months ago and got two nice dresses, two necklaces, a set of earrings, and a set of hair clips for about $50.

Cookie- Here's a link to my profile:
http://www.facebook.com/cait.blais
You can post your's if you want. Just about everyone here posted links to their's a few weeks ago and had a huge adding party. Rainypuff is listed under siblings on profile if you'd like to add her. I don't think she'd mind.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #4376
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Miyu- Aww, no Belle hairs. lol But at least you didn't have to wait!! I bet you're super-duper excited! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Beni- I love JCP for their clothes, but I've never thought to look for cosplay stuff. : ) But you always seem to get such great deals!!

Cookie- Ahh, the adding party. lol ^_^ I'm Bethany Suzanne Mejean- I should show up in Cait's (Beni) mutual friends once you add her.
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #4377
Miyukisetsu
For the Lulz

Suzie - I am excited fo sho!!! Hopefully I'll run into some Disney cosplayers tomorrow and will be able to get some pictures to show you guys tomorrow night. XD If I'm not totally exhausted by the time I get home. Lulz!

Beni - That's so awesome that you found some stuff there! While I was cosplaying just Tifa I used to look for earrings that would work for her every time I stepped foot into a JCP. XD Sometimes you get lucky..sometimes you don't. D: I love looking for things that would work for cosplay, though!

Unread 07-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #4378
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Miyu- I'm going to stowaway in your suitcase, m'kay?? XD jk. You're going to have soo much fun!!

Random question: Does anyone know how much the Ferrari from Arda Wigs costs??
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #4379
Miyukisetsu
For the Lulz

Suzie - YOU CAN TOTALLY FIIITTTTT~!! XD
I'm gonna start winding down so I can get some sleep before I have to get up and get ready! I'll probably pop in here and say hi before we leave tomorrow morning...you all may not be awake yet though. XD hawhaw! NIGHT GIRLS!

Unread 07-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #4380
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Miyu- PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHHHH!! XDDD Have a wonderful time!!