Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 980 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #4831
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

i'm pretty much done with the backbrace for my wings. i scaled them way down [mostly in order to maintain structural integrity throughout the wings], but they may be a little small at this point, but we'll see how it looks when i get everything put together. and i'll probably trim down the ends of the brace

pics 1, 2, 3, 4

my chin looks suuuuuuuuper in pic 2...

edit: and a couple more pics, after i [roughly] shaped the wires a bit.
one, two

Last edited by blueassassin547 : 08-24-2010 at 09:13 PM.
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #4832
Kasinator
Not quite human

man I am sore from yesterdays workout it hurts to just laugh! I followed everyone's advice and I found a fabric store nearby via google maps. Ill hit it up this thursday.

@blublaze, so far so good

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #4833
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

blue- it's looking great!!

Miyu- Oh, here you go!!:
http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=Picture1.jpg
I forgot you said you wanted it. XD

I am soo unbelievably glad I don't have to buy a wig for Belle!! I probably will eventually, but for now, using my own hair is going to be great.

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 08-24-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #4834
inconspicuous

@BlueAssassin: What faerie are you cosplaying?

@SuzieBlue: Aw, thanks! It looks lovely, same with the others ^_^ And nice job styling your own hair, and it's the perfect color. The best part about using your real hair instead of a wig: it saves you at least $30.
inconspicuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #4835
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous View Post
@BlueAssassin: What faerie are you cosplaying?
Bobble, from the Tinker Bell movies. here's a pic of him
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #4836
inconspicuous

@BlueAssassin: YES! I was hoping you would say that! He's my favorite faerie. You have no idea how excited I am to see your costume
Unread 08-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #4837
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Yay for finally getting internet back! The wireless internet where I'm living has not been working for the past week and I had to go out of the house just to use my laptop.

@Benihime: I'm assuming you want to take advantage of your looks and height (since it shouldn't stop you otherwise)?
I want to say Vidia, but I don't know much about her other than she's mean and feisty. There's also the Queen of Hearts, or if you want to go more obscure Mad Madam Mim. And, don't kill me for saying this, but if you don't mind crossplay, you could do Mr. Smee (although it would work better with a Captain Hook).

@incospicuous: If you don't mind crossplaying, I'm thinking Jafar or, dare I say, Frollo. Or even Scar. I also want to say Yzma and Madame Medusa too, but you wanted more serious and Madame Medusa is just ugly. Or if you're up to the challenge Queen Narissa or Broadway! Ursula, since they changed her look from the movie.

@Sirena: Eris is my favorite character in that movie. It actually wasn't a bad movie, just did really poorly at the box office. I even thought about doing her but never actually planned to because she was just way too obscure and her look was nothing special. She would need a Sinbad with her, or the Book of Peace. (I really wish she they included her apple somewhere in the movie!)

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #4838
TR Rose
Meowing About

Belle's dress is finally almost done! Attached the skirt and the bodice last night, all I have left to do is add the zipper and the little drape things/pearls on the skirt, and figure out the bun thing in her hair.

I gave up on making gloves and ordered a set from Angelsbridal on Ebay - they're beautiful and the color matches almost *exactly*.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #4839
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalpencil View Post
Yay for finally getting internet back! The wireless internet where I'm living has not been working for the past week and I had to go out of the house just to use my laptop.
next time pm me if you have computer trouble. I'm studying to be an IT technician.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD

Last edited by Kasinator : 08-25-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #4840
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Aaron, when you finish your Bobble, I would like to respectfully request you find a Tink cosplayer and duplicate the bottom right pose:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...obble#/d1o4kf8

PLEASE! I begs of you! I don't care if I have to put on my Tink stuff and do it myself, or shame my friend who does Tink for my company, but PLEASE, do that with SOMEONE! It will be so much WIN! <3

Annnnd for updates, I am putting Ayame and Rikkimaru on hold and doing Jack and Sally first. They will be a lot cheaper (because I refuse to use fake chainmail on the ninja costumes, ker-ching! ^^') and that way I won't stress to finish them in time for all the October events that I want them for =) I promise to post progress. And I'm super excited to finally do a couples cosplay with my bf <3
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #4841
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Sam- I'll be the Tink! I have one in progress~

Aaron- Three cheers for progress!

Musical- Actually, now that you mention it, a gender-bender Disney villain thing might be pretty fun. I've considered Vidia, but Jess wants to cosplay her really badly, so I'm going wait.

Inconspicuous- I looked up the Vanessa from Phineas & Ferb, but when you said Vanessa, I was reminded of the one for TLM. Although it might be interesting to see a Phineas & Ferb group. Thanks for the compliments on the set- ironically enough, a good portion of it was made/worked on by some of the Arab students at my school.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #4842
Miyukisetsu
For the Lulz

Suzie - Thank you!! <3
Rose - Pictuuurrreeessssss!~ >3<

SDCC 2011 - Disney's Belle, Lara Croft
Miyukisetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #4843
inconspicuous

@Nymph: YES. I was thinking the exact same thing, same picture and everything. TinkXBobble+Cosplay=FTW!

@Musical: Glad you’re back!
I like the idea of cosplaying Jafar, Frollo, or Yzma. The first two have loose fitting garments that would easily hide my girly figure, eliminating my biggest crossplay problem. If I were to go as Frollo, I have a friend who said she would love to dress as Esmerelda someday, so that could be totally awesome. I’m not sure how I would make a scar cosplay (maybe more human-ish, kinda like my Miss Kitty costume) but I’ll figure something out.

@Beni: A Phineas and Ferb group would be fun to see. I’m actually interested in cosplaying one of Doofenshmirtz’s chorus girls. And regarding the set design thing, that is hilarious and oddly appropriate.
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #4844
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroticNymph View Post
Aaron, when you finish your Bobble, I would like to respectfully request you find a Tink cosplayer and duplicate the bottom right pose:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...obble#/d1o4kf8
Link isn't working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalpencil View Post
@Sirena: Eris is my favorite character in that movie. It actually wasn't a bad movie, just did really poorly at the box office. I even thought about doing her but never actually planned to because she was just way too obscure and her look was nothing special. She would need a Sinbad with her, or the Book of Peace. (I really wish she they included her apple somewhere in the movie!)
She's certainly the one who stood out ^_^ I dunno....If it weren't for having to buy a wig I would do it because it looks like it could be done fairly simply and without costing an arm and a leg. But then I'd have to buy quite a wig, which isn't worth it to me unless I was doing it with a group...Thanks for helping my thought process

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous View Post
@Musical: Glad you’re back!
I like the idea of cosplaying Jafar, Frollo, or Yzma. The first two have loose fitting garments that would easily hide my girly figure, eliminating my biggest crossplay problem. If I were to go as Frollo, I have a friend who said she would love to dress as Esmerelda someday, so that could be totally awesome. I’m not sure how I would make a scar cosplay (maybe more human-ish, kinda like my Miss Kitty costume) but I’ll figure something out.
Some people emulate the Broadway costumes. I don't know how difficult that would be in Scar's case, though.

My problem is I would rather not cosplay an "ugly" character....And so many villains are. It can be fun to ugly up, but I've had so many self-esteem and image issues that I think in my case it would do more harm than good.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #4845
LKD
Is a princess!!

Blue- Bobble Your wings make my lil ones envyous XD I'm defiantly upgrading when I can

TR- Ooo stop teasing and show some pictures! I can't wait to see it ^-^

Kas- How is she supposed to pm you when her internet isn't working? X3; I always loled at Verizon cause they're like "If your having troubles logging on to the internet, check out our website" <_<;

Necro- I'd totally do it if I wasn't all the way over here T^T DAMN YOU DISTANCE! ^-^ Can't wait to your Jack and Sally! Sounds so cuute!

Scar is actually my next Disney cosplay. I'm kinda sick of wearing petticoats and hoops >-> -gasp- XD I'll probably do broadway Nala after that. I'm not doing Scar fully broadway because his lion head moves when he hunches down and I have no ideaz how to do that xD (damn I want to see that musical again)

I dunno after having my legs trapped under so much fabric this weekend made me not want to cosplay any more princesses for a while ^^;
And truthfully I don't think I make a great Jasmine so that's why I haven't made her pant outfit yet XP

Villains are fun though ^-^ Musical has sucked me in XD
Most aren't ugly actually, the Queen for example is highly conceited and puts all her time into her prettyfullness :P