Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #4951
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

@LKD: Yay for photos! But yeesh, even I think I look scary in that last one. O.o

@Benihime: Out of all the kids I’ve scared (and there’s been MANY) I’ve only ever brought one seriously close to tears at the 2009 D23 Expo. She was two years old and dressed as Snow White so her mom wanted a photo of her with me, but she was so terrified she kept running away screaming almost in tears hiding behind her mom. I felt so bloody awful I actually apologized to the mom in case I ruined her daughter’s day, but she was really nice about it. Since then I draw the line at making kids cry because even I felt bad (I actually really like kids).

@Saru-Chan: I know what you mean. If I ever get around to doing Sarabi, I don’t know how I’m going to make her head. I read the method of how the actual production does it, but I can’t afford those materials (or know where I could even find half of them).
I love “My Lullaby”! I love singing it too. And the best part: it's in my voice range! (I’m an alto).

Oh, I happened to come across that Disney Character Central updated with new photos of characters in Tokyo Disneyland’s show One Man’s Dream II.
Good news: Yay more costume designs!
Bad news: Some of the color schemes make me go “Wha?” (Particularly Her Majesty’s)
http://www.charactercentral.net/View...LocationId=208

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #4952
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Musicalpencil! I'm gunna ask my friend who's epic with cardboard if she has any ieas for me x3
Yay for altos! I'm a second soprano/alto. Within the range of all the disney princesses x3
lol Snow white's prince's name is "Snow Prince" xDDD

My bf is wonderful and took me to Disneyland for our six month anniversary and we saw World of Color! It was so amazing! xD
Unread 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #4953
Musicalpencil

@Saru-chan: Alto pride!
While I can also sing mezzo, I'm more comfortable singing lower parts (I've even done tenor before). So that eliminates a lot of characters T-T but yay for villain songs! Theirs are better anyway!

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
Unread 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #4954
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Musical: Okay, I dislike them for not have Ariel in it, but Aurora's dress is so purdy! Also, yeah, WTF is with the Snow Queen being in red? Durp durp.

Beni: Have you ever considered cosplaying Wendy? Cus...you're like the perfect height.

I am printing out refs for Jack and Sally today and going to the fabric store some time this or next week. I'm going to have to buy Jack's pinstripey fabric online, but Sally's gonna be all discount fabrics from local places. Progress soon.
Spooky Empire '11: Jack & Sally [Sat Only]

Costumes:
Working on: Jack & Sally, Jasmine
Planned: Poison Ivy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Ayame, Briar Rose, Azula, Scarlet Witch, The Witch (L4D), Teela
NecroticNymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #4955
LKD
Is a princess!!

Since I learned I can pull of Tink, I was thinking of doing Alice too since most girls who are friends with one are friends with the other but I dunno O.<

I like her dress (I was oogling her bow when I saw her on Monday) but she's so overdone >.< I normally don't care but blaah. I dunno, maybe I'll commission her dress once I get my financial aid money -cough- C8 I said nothing

Musical- She reminds me of Lady Tremaine in those colors XD
My peter is in his site banner 8D <3 -giggles like a school girl- I'm hoping he'll be at the Halloween Party when I'm Tink >.<
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #4956
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Sam- I've thought about it. Why?

Welcome to the thread Saru! I actually just saw somebody on dA with a quadsuit if you want me to give you their link

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #4957
ODP!
Part of your world

LKD: -big Alice fan- :<
I love Alice and I never tire of seeing her.
As I recall, there were actually far more Tinks at the first Disney gathering at AX (09') than Alices. I dunno, it's your point of view, really. I find classic Alice isn't really done as much as the ..uhm.."provocative" Alice dresses.
And I'm still going to dress my sister as her because she's teeny and around her age; which is why I dressed her as Tink. Besides the fact that Tink is her favorite character.

You and my sister seem to have similar tastes in costumes
Rapunzel (Lunatia)
Belle(Lunatia)
Snow White(Lunatia)
Jasmine(Miku Star)
Esmeralda (Miku Star)
Princess Daisy(Miku Star)
Secret Costume (Miku Star)
Halloween Town Sora(Rika Riona)
Peter Pan (Rika Riona)
Songstress Rikku (Rika Riona)

Wendy Darling(Aerithia)
Alice (Aerithia)

Coming up:
AX
Comic Con
D23
ODP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #4958
LKD
Is a princess!!

Aoife- XD It's true, we do have the same taste! She's my mini me but..taller oO;
I must take pics with her when we're matching, it's a must x3
Unread 09-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #4959
Kasinator
Not quite human

fingers crossed! Im hopefully getting my wig tomorrow!~

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #4960
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Aofie- The "provocative" Alices really bother me! Why do people have the need to slutty Alices? She wasn't that way in the book or in the movie. Besides, she was like 12 in the movie and is actually closer to 7 in the original Lewis Carrol story. That's just kinda disturbing.....
/rant
Thank you for going with the classic Alice. I'm actually making one for one of Jill's friends.

Kas- Good luck! Waiting for a wig is like waiting for Christmas XD

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #4961
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Sam- I've thought about it. Why?

Welcome to the thread Saru! I actually just saw somebody on dA with a quadsuit if you want me to give you their link
Thanks but I'm not making the quad suit. My friend Sora is x3 I'm just tagging along with the group. I don't like the stigma that comes along with furries. I don't think I could handle it.
Unread 09-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #4962
LKD
Is a princess!!

Hey Jay, are you still going on the 19th? If you have the ticket already I'll go along with you x3
Sadly my dear fellow stepsister won't be joining us though D:
Unread 09-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #4963
Musicalpencil

@Necrotic: I know right? I just wonder why there's so many color scheme and outfit changes for all the characters. With the Queen, it's like they just decided to switch her colors around; her cape lining is supposed to be red while her dress obviously purple, not the other way round!

@LKD: Maybe it's a stepmother thing. XD The color switching too. Doesn't Lady Tremaine have a purple dress in the third Cinderella movie?

Yeah I'm still going then.
So that's like what, 4 trips for you then? XD Lucky you! Will Kitty still be going with you on the other days?

Now I have a question. What would be good material to make for the Hag's cloak? All the patterns suggest fancy fabrics like satin, sateen, and velvet which I don't think would match her. But then things like cotton or twill I feel wouldn't work either. I just want a general direction I should go to with the fabric, I have no idea what to use. :O

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
Unread 09-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #4964
LKD
Is a princess!!

Nope, she can't afford it :< She has awesome cosplay plans she must pay for that I must say are worth more than coming along with me x3 We planned to go as Scar and Cheshire Cat next year though

No just 3 trips XD;
I really want to take Drizella out though so we shall still have our villain night x3

http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/...white_0936.jpg
Uum, Looking at that I would say a real high quality velvet like the Snow cape remember? But it would be sooo expensive >< Maybe the suede fabric I used for Tink, that was $6 a yard though >.<
But thinking of it being an old hag, I don't think it would fit either 0.<

I'm trying to pester a friend into cosplaying Aladdin with me >/ Damn men and not being manly enough to cosplay Disney..

Not counting you 3 men here in the thread XD

Last edited by LKD : 09-02-2010 at 12:58 AM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #4965
Musicalpencil

Ooh. So teeth and ambitions will be bared next year!

Once again I will substitute for my fellow villains. Lady Tremaine couldn't make it so Drizella went to find the next stepmother.

Yeah I don't know any old peddler woman who wears velvet xD. It's only because she's the Queen she'd be able to afford it. xD
I think the main thing I want is it to be able to drape/hang and flow easily. I'm trying to focus on how the sleeves are; it's all about the sleeves!

And not just Disney. The guys aren't man enough to play guys. That's why the girls have to play them.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay: