Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 693 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #5266
LKD
Is a princess!!

Oo I like those earrings for Jas :3 I can always paint them gold!

Beni- Alright (pm me it lolz lolz 8D XD Naah I can wait :3

Unread 09-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #5267
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@LKD Thank you for posting that about the wigs! I'll have to look into it further.

@Beni ~ I'm not sure if I'll bring Krillin or not. I know for sure I'm bringing my costume that's for the Final Fatnasy Ball at Shadocon to the picnic. I've been working really hard on it and I want some good pics of it. And I can't wait to see how Jill's Lottie comes out

@Risu ~ I loooove those earrings but do they come in a gold or brass? then they'd be perfect. But you could probably pass with the silver. And the earrings for Mulan would be a really nice touch!

BTW Toy Story 3 is coming to DVD on Nov. 2nd.

And only 20 days till Beauty and the Beast comes out DDD Woohoo!
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #5268
LKD
Is a princess!!

>.< I can't choose between TS3 and BaTB Dx Whhy Disney why??!

Well I managed to cut out the organza layer of my bodice, I still have the charmeuse layer, the lining, and the shoulder drape to cut out >.<

Tomorrow my Ariel shells are going to finally be worked on XD <3 ya Kitty for making them for me
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #5269
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

So when/where is this BBQ/Picnic thing all you Fl peeps are talking about? I haven't heard anything about it except what's been said on here and I'm interested, lol.

I did some work on Sally last night and she's coming along. I'll be working on her today as well. Also, my Rapunzel fabrics have been delayed for whatever reason but I don't need them RIGHT NOW anyway so it's all good =P
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #5270
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@ Necrotic ~ http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?...57426537603549

I hope you can see that but there's the info. :3

@LKD ~ Both? They come out about a month apart. :3 I'm acutally getting my BatB through Disney Movie Club cuz they have this really beautiful limited edition one that comes w/ the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack + a book.

So....last night I had a dream about an epic photoshoot at Disney World and like...all of you were there with me. It was amazing! I was really sad when I woke up and realized that it wasn't *actually* happening. =(

also I think I just found the fabric I want to use for the bodice of Belle's Ballgown.

http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/ca...e=googleba se

I saw it and fell in love with it immediately. It's a sign. Plus I've sat down and did the math for the rest of the dress. This dress might actually finally happen for me. Only thing I'm wondering...is how would you go about lining it? Because of the rouching. Would you line it then do the rouching or rouche then line?

Last edited by RuhiNunchuck : 09-15-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 09-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #5271
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Ruhi: Ooh, no wonder you love it, that's the fabric LKD used for her Belle, lol. I found it in Lilac and I'm using it for my Rapunzel bodice =3 Also I might go to that BBQ...if it's not maxed out by now that is, lol. Thanks for the linky =)
Unread 09-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #5272
LKD
Is a princess!!

That's normally Twenty dollars a yard? That's exactly ten times what i pay for that fabric! Five times with the "sale" price o-o
Unread 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #5273
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Sasha- Makes sense. And that is really pretty fabric.

Sam- Who are you thinking of wearing to the BBQ?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #5274
LKD
Is a princess!!

Now that I'm back at home x3
Ruhi- I can't really tell the difference on the site but over here they had the color I used and a lighter yellow that I wanted to use for the skirt and shoulder drape for my new gown but I scraped that idea x3
I don't think I've ever lined a skirt, none of my commissioned stuff had the skirt lined either, I don't think it's a must, just finish off the raw edges and you'll be fine :3

Progress pictures~
rappydemon came over and made my Ariel shells for me ^-^ Im soo happy with them! If you haven't seen them on FB here ya go
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...obi/shellz.jpg
I just have to wait until they dry and seal them and paint them~
I bought some rhinestones to glue on them too and the bra

I also bought the cellophane for my Tinkerbell wings ^-^ I just need to go buy the wire now~
Unread 09-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #5275
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Necro ~ LOL seriously? I didn't even notice. I was just like. Yellow. Roses. OMG I LOVE THIS FABRIC!

I also think I found some taffeta that would work to do an accurate colored dress too. >.> So I may end up making 2 different Belle ballgowns. And do you think the petticoat that I'm gunna get for Drizella would work for belle?

@ LKD ~ Oo three times? You must get fabric SUPER cheap. I still have to find fabric for the drape around the dress and the shoulder things. I may look into the Casa stuff we have at work (Joanns)

And that shell bra is BEAUTIFUL! What is it made out of? >.> The sculpting is amazing.

Also, where'd you get your cellophane? I was looking online but I was unsure if i was looking at the right stuff or not T_T

Gahhhh I'm so jazzed. I got long gloves for a different cosplay but after the event I need them for I won't need them so I'm going to dye them for belle (when it comes around time to make them

Also brushed out my village belle wig and going to restyle that soon :3
Unread 09-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #5276
LKD
Is a princess!!

Ruhi- Yea, It's so much cheaper over here x3 The shells are made from model magic :3
I found it at Michaels they had like every color in rolls ^-^
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #5277
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

LKD- Those shells look great!

And this is for all of you ladies: should I henna my hands for when I cosplay Jasmine this weekend? I know henna is more of an Indian thing, but its just so pretty.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #5278
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Ruhi- That hoopskirt would work for Belle, yeah =)

Beni: Iunno who I'd wear for the BBQ...maybe Rosetta. Maybe Kiss the Girl Ariel. Maybe whatever I have that's new at the time, lol. Also, I say nay on the henna because you're going to Disney as a Disney character; putting tattoos on yourself will raise questions from the kiddies.
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #5279
LKD
Is a princess!!

The only character I'd get a henna for is Pocahontas and just for her arm band thing o.<
Speaking of which, Risu how are you doing that part? x3
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #5280
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Risu- I love all the jewelry!!

Ruhi- AAAHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHHHH I can't wait for both of them!!! OOH, speaking of TS3, have you guys seen the new "Toy Story Collection" toys that are repros of the originals from the movies?? Today at Walmart I saw Buzz in his rocketship box and the green army dudes in the bucket!! I was so stoked when I saw them- I swear, everything on my Christmas list this year is going to be Disney toys!! XD And that fabric is so pretty!

LKD- they're gorgeous!!! They're going to look fab when you paint them!!

I finally found the perfect basket for Briar Rose! I think only Rose cosplayers know how difficult it is to find a basket for her. XD