Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1007 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #5281
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Sam- Rosetta would be cute, even though you're already wearing her to the shoot(if my wig ever gets here). Maybe Ariel's "Kiss the Girl" dress since we'll be getting into November and it might be a bit chilly. I know I'm wearing Rapunzel for that. Thanks for the feedback on the henna, you bring up a really good point. Maybe for a photoshoot?

And speaking of wigs, my Rapunzel wig arrived today! Its a bit longer than expected, but that actually really works out. Its so thick and full too. Here are some crappy photos of me wearing it:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/100_6667.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/100_6668.jpg
And one of Jill trying it on since she's going to wear it for when she cosplays Rani from the Disney Fairies books:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/100_6669.jpg
I also found this really pretty trim at JoAnn's today that would work for Rapunzel, although I'm not sure how the little 3D flowers would look:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...15-10_1519.jpg
I can try to get the sku number if you any of you are interested in getting some.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #5282
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

That wig is gorgeous! And the trim too Send me that sku numbah!
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #5283
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Beni- The wig looks beautifulls!! lol And the trim is pretty!
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #5284
LKD
Is a princess!!

I spy LOTTIE -stares-

That wig looks so nice ^-^ What buyer did you buy from? It doesn't look like it'll tangle much
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #5285
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Wait they are both gonna be on DVD now?! T^T But WHYYYYY??
yeah those earrings are only in silver (darn! forgot about the color) but there is probably modeling paint that would work.
LKD: All i know is that my pocahontas costume is done and last time i checked up on things john smith's shirt was done. still think i should look for someone who can make the armour vest. :P
and Beni: that wig is so cute!! it even seems like the right shade for rapunzel!!
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #5286
Rainypuff

@LKD: Mwahahahaha!

I might post pictures later

I found a new way to do my hair, and I'm definitely going to do that for Saturday, though I didn't get any really good pictures.
It's even bigger than my hair in my profile picture.

Edit: Here are two progress pictures.

{x}
{x}

Last edited by Rainypuff : 09-15-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Rainypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #5287
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

It's looking awesome
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #5288
LKD
Is a princess!!

Yaay pictures 8D
I am like getting more and more familiar with Beni's living room XD
It's so gorgeous so far *-* Is it heavy?

I just bought the wire, floral tape and vinyl for my Tink wings 8D I has everything now! Can I send you the stuff Bobble and finish it for me? 8D; X3 I can't wait to get them started

Oh my Drizella wig came today 8D
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #5289
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

What wig did you get for Drizella? I haven't started looking yet lol
Unread 09-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #5290
LKD
Is a princess!!

I bought the Claudia again in black x3 I'm going to put it into pigtails and cutting the curls or cutting it short and making the shortened curls into wefts and resewing them in as low pigtails :3 I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do >.< I don't want to cut it at all

I caved in..I bought another Claudia for Ariel ._.; someone keep me away from Arda plz XD;

Last edited by LKD : 09-16-2010 at 01:06 AM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 06:24 AM   #5291
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
I just bought the wire, floral tape and vinyl for my Tink wings 8D I has everything now! Can I send you the stuff Bobble and finish it for me? 8D; X3 I can't wait to get them started
heh. you can, if you never want to see the stuff again. i'm finding it difficult to make time to do anything right now stupid school. stupid work. bleh
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #5292
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Aaron: C'mon, how much schooling and work are you doing? I'm taking three mondo classes online with ridiculous amounts of written work, working for my mom, taking care of and cleaning the pets/household, running a business and doing all the paperwork by myself and still managing to work on my costumes for at least an hour almost every day. *Hands you some womanly multitasking ability* There, get to work! XDDDD

Sasha: I have a wig shop downtown by my school and they have a perfect Anastasia wig. And the lady gives me discounts and free stuff! I need a new SB wig, too, so I HAFTA go down there!

Jill: Lottie looks awesome so far! =D I will make that dress eventually. I'm just trying to be thrifty with my costume projects these days...Sept-Oct are bad business months for me because I don't book a lot of parties; I'm too busy enjoying myself at theme parks for their Halloween events on weekends, lol.

Helen: Black is an easy color to match; get some extensions from a local wig shop and curl them, if they aren't wefted, weft or stub them, and then sew them into the wig. That way you only have to cut the length a bit and don't have to worry about the cuts not being long enough to re-sew back into the wig. I ran into that problem with my Vampire Lady wig...it was long, but it wasn't thick, so I did my (new) Tink wig technique by cutting the bottom and makign a bun with the excess, but I didn't have as much to work with as I had with Tink, so I ended up having to net the bun to keep the strays from flying around. BOO I hated that wig! >_<
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #5293
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroticNymph View Post
Aaron: C'mon, how much schooling and work are you doing? I'm taking three mondo classes online with ridiculous amounts of written work, working for my mom, taking care of and cleaning the pets/household, running a business and doing all the paperwork by myself and still managing to work on my costumes for at least an hour almost every day. *Hands you some womanly multitasking ability* There, get to work! XDDDD
tchah. i could use some multitasking abilities. maybe less on the womanly side, but we'll work on that.
i've got 14 credit hours, and then i'm working after school. i wake up at 7am to go to classes, and get home around 11pm. which will be changing to around 12am-2am starting next friday.
but enough bitching about bitches. i'm working on it, as it were
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #5294
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Aaron: You should take online classes. You can streamline your workload and do it on your own time. Being in class is such a waste of time...I only attend an actual class if it's like...a Lab class where attendance is required.

Ohya, so Sally's dress is all sewn together save for the sleeves and the details. I experimented with the yarn stitching on one part and it looks awesome! I plan to work on it some more this evening and I might upload a teaser progress pic, lol.
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #5295
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

hey guys i was browsing wigs and saw this one: http://amphigory.com/wigs_ringlet_girl.html

I'm thinking if I cut the long curls a little shorter (and get it in black of course) it'd be pretty accurate for Drizella. I think.

Thoughts?