Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1105 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #5296
Yainawai
Ooh, sparkles!

It looks great for Drizella! Just make sure you have a high enough hairline.

Renge
Anastasia
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Luna
Fluttershy
Daring Do
Riza Hawkeye

Cosplay ALL of the ponies!!!
Yainawai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #5297
LKD
Is a princess!!

Ruhi- I'd go with Necro to the wig shop first to check them out ^-^
That would work too though

Blue- Yea that's why I limit myself to 3 classes for the fall. I know I'm going to be busy during October o.<

Necro- I was thinking of doing something like this http://lil-kute-dream.deviantart.com...ites/#/d1z7hst ..but cleaner and more in the shape of the top of her hair. I think I figured out how to do it without cutting it :3 Involves lots of pins xD

I can't work on any sewing since my dad has stayed home so I'm stuck doing non sewing work, so my wings will probably get worked on today x3 >_> I should finish cutting out my fabric too..
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #5298
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroticNymph View Post
Aaron: You should take online classes. You can streamline your workload and do it on your own time. Being in class is such a waste of time...I only attend an actual class if it's like...a Lab class where attendance is required.
maybe. except then there's the chance of me ignoring the internet school and doing other things. which is no bueno. i'll have time in a couple of years. and money :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Blue- Yea that's why I limit myself to 3 classes for the fall. I know I'm going to be busy during October o.<
i would limit myself, but then i'd never finish. the undergrad catalog says i should be taking 17-credit-hour semesters...and most of my classes are 1 credit. maybe 2. one is 4. but it doesn't balance out. i almost just dropped chorus so i could work HHN...

and on topic: i'm hoping to finish taping my upper wings tomorrow. i'm gonna have a looooot of time to work on them
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #5299
LKD
Is a princess!!

Eh, I'm not looking forward to going into the work force until the economy gets better, I'll stay in school thank you very much XD Sometimes I don't have a choice though >.< They limit us to 3 classes when we first register and then later we can add more but by then everything is taken ><

I just spend like half an hour looking for wire cutters >.< My dad owns a construction business you'd think I'd be able to find them in like a minute XD

I'm so excited to start mine 8D
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #5300
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Oy, I have not had any time for cosplay lately! I haven't even had time or money for shopping for groceries. I've had so much school work and so little sleep (roughly 6 hours over 2 nights) that I even broke down while I was driving. Now I have a small feel for how Tiana must have felt working her multiple waitress jobs. And so little sleep that I won't have as hard of a time looking like the Old Hag. ><

Speaking of the Hag, there's a lot more to her than I thought. Her simple outfit is made up for by everything on her head XP. Therefore, she won't be debuting too soon at least not for Halloween season. I need a pale-blonde/white wig (and one that'll fit my large head ><). I found a 90% accurate nose but I still have other stores I need to look at. No chin ones though. I'm wondering if I should get fake teeth? While it would be more accurate, it may also obstruct my speech. Thoughts?

BTW this is totally random, but I love this Tangled shot.
http://cdn.stitchkingdom.com/wp-cont...tan_50-106.jpg

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #5301
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Musical- Awkward family photo much? XD

When it comes to taking time with college, I know what you mean! I'm on the three-year AA plan instead of the two-year. Why? Because I found it much easier for me to only take three classes a semester instead of four. My grades rose nicely.

And in the cosplay progress section, I'm pulling out some stitches on Lottie's dress. They were put there to guide me when I hemmed the dress, but since we changed the hemline, they're no longer needed DX

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #5302
LKD
Is a princess!!

Musical- Aaw D: That happened to me once x3

Beni- Yea, that's what my advisor advised me to do too x3
D: My dad actually helped me figure out a way to rip faster but I forgot already XD;

Speaking of my dad, I dunno why I try to do things from him X3; He said he'll try to smolder? I think that's the word, the wire together for me for my wings =3 if he has time ._.; Not to mention my weakly girly muscles can't cut the wire XD;

Last edited by LKD : 09-16-2010 at 09:09 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #5303
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

OMGAWSH I totally just realized- Rapunzel has GREEN EYES!! Like me!! I think she's like the only Disney female that does. (???)

Musical- where did you find that picture??

Question- Am I the only one here who's still in High school?? lol

Another question- what are you ladies thinking about doing for the embroidery on Rapunzel's skirt??

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 09-16-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #5304
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Blue: I agree with Necro, online classes are fantastic!! I'm taking two right now and they are pretty simple. You can basically take a couple hrs from monday to do all the hw and not worry for the rest of the week. XD it's awesome. Literally it just depends on the classes you are taking some classes you just have to attend, but seriously if it's just a read the book and take a quiz type of thing then it's an online class.

LKD: The earrings I mentioned before are also in GOLD!! Saw the gold earrings when I was working on displays today!! So happy!! >W<

Suzie: Yes yes you are XD
Oh! I decided to crochet today and made a headband and attempted Ariel's shells but they turned out to look like a fail bow XD just thought that would put a smile on the disney faces XD
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #5305
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Suzie- I'm sewing on lace for the embroidery. I'm doing that right now for a friend's Rosa(ACII) and it seems to be working.

My deviantArt

Unread 09-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #5306
LKD
Is a princess!!

Blue- How do you make the ends of the floral tape stick? They keep unwrapping >.<
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #5307
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

what's anybody's major who's doing online classes? if i may...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Blue- How do you make the ends of the floral tape stick? They keep unwrapping >.<
i'm gonna get some sleep, and i'll make up a little video or something tomorrow, kay?
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #5308
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

@Benihime: I was advised something similar too for my disabilities. Take fewer classes and instead take an extra year. However, I also recently changed my major so I'm pressed for time, because there's a possibility my parents won't pay if I go beyond that extra year.

@Suzie: Stitchkingdom.com had a post showing Tangled screenshots and concept art.
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...pt-art-stills/

And LKD: We could totally recreate that photo.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #5309
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

@Musical- What major are you going for?

Suzie- Jill's a senior in H.S.

Those are great screenshots! I wish I had seen them before I bought a pile of fabric so that maybe I could have used a brocade for the bodice like what Sam's going to do.

My deviantArt

Unread 09-17-2010, 01:55 AM   #5310
LKD
Is a princess!!

Musical- Is that a short joke >/ XD

Blue- Alrighty :3

Risu- :< If only there was a store nearby >.<

Um progress? I was about finished with one wing and then took it apart (along with injuring myself trying to get all that icky tape off) Took me all bloody day but now I'm like almost done with the wire again. Whoopie more wrapping ><