Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1051 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #5431
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Cookie- I'm not sure yet, but I'll keep you updated. I plan on doing various versions of Silvermist(parks/books, regular, summer), so maybe you could do the respective versions of Iridessa with me. I wouldn't worry about it until much later this year or early next year.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #5432
CrazyCookie2111

@Beni: Alright keep me posted, cause I'm already working on the book outfit. I would love to do more outfits with Iridessa, but since there's no hurry I'll work on some other projects. By the way I'm loving your new profile picture!

You're a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
CrazyCookie2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #5433
Yainawai
Ooh, sparkles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainypuff View Post
Lookie what I found!

Concept art~!

The first guy is probably the villain, the lady is either her mom or a goody-two-shoes sister/cousin/etc., then there's the flock of mini gingers, and lastly the princess herself. I really like her dress so far. That color is great; I hope they stick with it.

Looks like she's going to be a redhead, but it maybe they'll make her hair a darker red that Ariel's.

She kind of looks like Kim Possible with bed head and in really bad humidity.

I also found out that the original title was "The Bear and the Bow;" I remember hearing about this a while back, when Princess and the Frog was still in the works.
I'm pretty sure that's her dad, mom, and siblings. LOL, Kim Possible with a bad hair day. I'm just really excited that she's an archer. I love archery.

There's already Chel from Road to El Dorado for an Aztec / Maya / Incan girl.

http://whoaskedyoushow.com/wp-conten...o_eldorado.jpg

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000...dorado_002.jpg

I tried on my Cinderella work dress (sans apron), and I can't wait to wear it out! I'm just waiting for the wig.

Renge
Anastasia
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Luna
Fluttershy
Daring Do
Riza Hawkeye

Cosplay ALL of the ponies!!!
Yainawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #5434
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Rainey ~ Omg i love you for finding that! I'm kind of excited about it :3

@ Suzie ~ I found out just the other day. Go change yo pic girl!

@ Yai ~ Pics when your wig comes in?

Sooo...I realized at work we have the PERFECT chef's hat for Dulcie! But besides that not a whole lot going on on my end atm that is Disney related. I did watch Sleeping Beauty for the first time since I was like 10 X.x I quite enjoyed it.
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #5435
Yainawai
Ooh, sparkles!

I think I'll wear it to the Beauty and the Beast movie event, if it's here in time.
*Crosses fingers*

Have you heard the funny songs they didn't end up using for the movie? They're on the DVD extras, and they're cute and terrible.

Renge
Anastasia
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Luna
Fluttershy
Daring Do
Riza Hawkeye

Unread 09-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #5436
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Cookie- Great! We'll have to meet up sometime to work on cosplay stuff together.
And thanks for noticing

Yai- I think I might go ahead and preorder the DVD now just because you said that >.<

Sasha- Yay! I'm starting to wonder how soon this group might actually happen.....

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:13 AM   #5437
LKD
Is a princess!!

Yai- Can't wait to see your Cindy ^^ Really? is it the human again song? or they added more? D:

So I'm about done with my bodice ^-^ I just need to sew on the drape.
Seriously after sewing on the boning and the lining to the bodice It became really sturdy and corset like XD;
That was because rappydemon was here and keeping my laptop away so I wouldn't procrastinate XD; Unfortunately after she left, other friends whisked me away until now so nothing else was done XP;
Should I attach the skirt to the bodice this time? I'm thinking if I do it would be heavy but the fabric is really light o.<
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #5438
pinkriverdolp

Hi all!

I'm rather new to cosplay, and am so glad to find other disney fanatics. I just wish there were more where I live, in Toronto, Canada, and more Disney gatherings and events!

I's like to get your opinion. I'm South Asian, and have cosplayed Esmeralda before, although Ariel has always been my favourite character of all time, and I'd really like to cosplay her in the pink ball-gown. I'm wondering if I would look silly, or be hard to recognize because I look so vastly different from her. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
pinkriverdolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #5439
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

@Ruhi:
Raw ones?
So far out of the two potential ones: One is the same length but has red speckles on it to make it look like old age skin. It's also textured skin, meaning it doesn't look like the regular, smooth latex. I'm not sure how to paint it if i am able too.
The second is latex looking and is shorter and smaller, but it has more of her shape. And I couldn't get a full good look of it as it was part of a kit.

The rest have either not looked like hers whatsoever or was green. *facepalm*

I'm giving myself so much more stress than I need to aren't I? ><

@pinkriverdolp:
First off, welcome.
Second, race: FORGET ABOUT IT! Do not let it stop you! And this Disney we're talking about. It won't be hard to recognize regardless!

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 02:04 AM   #5440
Yainawai
Ooh, sparkles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkriverdolp View Post
Hi all!

I'm rather new to cosplay, and am so glad to find other disney fanatics. I just wish there were more where I live, in Toronto, Canada, and more Disney gatherings and events!

I's like to get your opinion. I'm South Asian, and have cosplayed Esmeralda before, although Ariel has always been my favourite character of all time, and I'd really like to cosplay her in the pink ball-gown. I'm wondering if I would look silly, or be hard to recognize because I look so vastly different from her. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Your Esmerelda cosplay is awesome, I love her red dress! Do Ariel, and ask LKD for tips. I know she's done the pink dress before. A lot of Ariel cosplayers have a different skin tone than Ariel- you just need to find the right shade of red wig and you'll look great!

LKD and Benihime: I meant the Sleeping Beauty DVD, sorry. RuhiNunchuck mentioned it.

Musicalpencil: Get the shorter one that's her shape, then "paint" it with foundation that's your skin tone to make it match. I color my elf ears with foundation and concealer and it works pretty well.

Renge
Anastasia
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Luna
Fluttershy
Daring Do
Riza Hawkeye

Last edited by Yainawai : 09-25-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #5441
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Pink ~ Your esmeralda is gorgeous! And if you want to do Ariel I say do it. I would someday love to do Esmeralda and I'm whiter then white xD But definitely ask LKD for tips :3

@Yai ~ D: there's cut music on the DVD?! I must go buy it! They had 2 copies at FYE the other day. >.> <,<

@Cait ~ I'm shooting for the spring photoshoot for Dulcie hopefully. Really depends on where/when it is. I wish I could get it done for the BBQ but there's just no way unless I come across alot of money very soon.
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #5442
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Yai: Chel's outfit was so lackluster that I don't count her. And she's not Disney, I WANT A MEET AND GREET!!! *huff* Disney will probably eventually make a Hispanic princess.

LKD: Oh I know what you mean. I have several Puerto Rican friends who obviously hate that stigma....and my cousin's bf of 2 or 3 years (can't remember which) is Ecuadorian. Where is your heritage if I may ask?

I'm part Scotch-Irish so I am excited about a Celtic princess, but I really feel like if they do voluminous red hair, kids will mix her up with Ariel, unless Ariel is ALWAYS in her fin from that day on. That could work, but the new princess might still be called Ariel on occasion.

So, my Sally dress is at like...80%. I just need to seal the bottom hem, add the red stripes to the yellow sleeve, finish the black swirly designs I started last night and sew on the back patch. All the other stitching is done =) Jack on the other hand....well, I'm going to go buy clay tomorrow to cover the head. But it can't be Sculpey because I can't bake the helmet in my oven, it'll melt the plastic. So I need an air-dry clay that's pretty good about not cracking. What would happen if I didn't fire the Sculpey/Fimo/Polymer clay? Would it be dry so that it wouldn't reshape/take damage easily, or would it stay squishy? Also I BARELY have enough fabric to finish the jacket >_< Pants are almost done, they just have to be lined and have elastic put it =) LOTS TO DO IN SO LITTLE TIME @_@
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #5443
dismaldreary
The Tragic Heroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroticNymph View Post
Yai: Chel's outfit was so lackluster that I don't count her. And she's not Disney, I WANT A MEET AND GREET!!! *huff* Disney will probably eventually make a Hispanic princess.

LKD: Oh I know what you mean. I have several Puerto Rican friends who obviously hate that stigma....and my cousin's bf of 2 or 3 years (can't remember which) is Ecuadorian. Where is your heritage if I may ask?

I'm part Scotch-Irish so I am excited about a Celtic princess, but I really feel like if they do voluminous red hair, kids will mix her up with Ariel, unless Ariel is ALWAYS in her fin from that day on. That could work, but the new princess might still be called Ariel on occasion.

So, my Sally dress is at like...80%. I just need to seal the bottom hem, add the red stripes to the yellow sleeve, finish the black swirly designs I started last night and sew on the back patch. All the other stitching is done =) Jack on the other hand....well, I'm going to go buy clay tomorrow to cover the head. But it can't be Sculpey because I can't bake the helmet in my oven, it'll melt the plastic. So I need an air-dry clay that's pretty good about not cracking. What would happen if I didn't fire the Sculpey/Fimo/Polymer clay? Would it be dry so that it wouldn't reshape/take damage easily, or would it stay squishy? Also I BARELY have enough fabric to finish the jacket >_< Pants are almost done, they just have to be lined and have elastic put it =) LOTS TO DO IN SO LITTLE TIME @_@
I think Model Magic is an air drying clay. I've personally never used it but I've heard good things about it.

DeviantART
facebook

"And envy and pride like ill weeds grew in her heart higher every day, until she had no peace day or night."
dismaldreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #5444
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

dismal: Model Magic does air dry, but it's very spongy and doesn't dry solid. It dents very easily and I can't shape it with tools because it's very 'foamy'. I want to be able to use tools on it to a certain extent to get a very smooth finish with no cracks. I'm wondering if Crayola Air Dry will be okay.

Okay, next question: what do you think would work for filling in any cracks that may arise if they do? I know back in the day, they used wax in the marble statues. Nowadays we have all sorts of cool stuff...do you think maybe caulking or spackling would work, so long as I smooth it all over? I'm like so freaking out of my league with this headpiece >_<
Unread 09-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #5445
LKD
Is a princess!!

I'm guatemalan :3 If you use model magic you could always sand it once it dries but i don't know how well it'll stick to the head. Paper clay dries really well. I used it once for my jasmine earrings but it was too heavy for my ears. Again you can sand it once it dries to get it smooth :3 i'm not sure about cracks. I think you fill it in with hot? glue and then sand the glue down so It's smooth O.<