Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 874 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #5551
nessabutterfly

Ugh-- so much to do still!! Need to put in the eyelets on the bodice, hand-stitch the slashes on the outer sleeves, put the sleeves together and attach to the bodice, make the skirt and underskirt, and paint the shoes.

At least I'm taking all the hand-work to work with me tomorrow. The kids get into less trouble over there than they do at home!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #5552
LKD
Is a princess!!

Risu- Hmm I'll let you know x3 My mum was offering to buy me one so I'll see if she still does XD; Yea crazy children. They get to dress up all the time at Disney in Disney so I'm okay with it XD We're going to do a Sailor Moon thing for our MHP family day

Nessa- I hear you on the eyelet thing o.< Thanks for reminding me. I still need to put mine in my Belle gown! and I have an event on Saturday! Must look for the eyelet tool!
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #5553
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Nessa- It looks great so far! I agree with you on the color thing too. If/when I get around to cosplaying Snow, that's probably the route I'm going to take.

And on a related note on eyelets.....what do you think:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/100_6740.jpg
and since that didn't include any clues as to what my living room looks like(sorry LKD), here's a random shot that the rest of you can ignore:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/100_6741.jpg

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #5554
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Crazy ~ I'll be there. I'm actually one of the performers in the Final Fantasy Bali! I hope you'll come...its going to be a great show! But I'm going to be in my character (can't say who or what I am quite yet - secret character). I'm up for a meet up at some time :3

@Necro ~ yey for finding your fabric! I really hope you can finish it!

@Beni ~ RAPUNZELLLLL! homggg it looks sooooo good! hdfu98iahfdoisfads I want to start on Gothel as soon as Shadocon is over X.x

And that bunny has a seriously awesome cage lol

sooo....i was going to bring Belle to EXP...but all I can find is the petticoat D: I'm panicking. I'm going to tear the house apart tonight to try to find it but I'm worried I lost it somehow D: what do?!
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #5555
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Beni: BUNNY! And your Rapunzel dress....LOVE! *_*

Sooooo costumes are on hold for a bit. I had to move out of my mom's house and I'm trying to finalize/move into an apartment. She took the MNSSHP tickets so I'm not going on the 22nd as planned and thus Jack and Sally are on hold for now. I want to debut them for Halloween but it depends on my money situation.
Unread 10-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #5556
CrazyCookie2111

@Nessa: Oh well no accent. I'm from Califorina, but I have a Southern accent and that's thanks to my parents. Well aleast Florida is easy to adjust too.

@Beni: WOW!! You're dress looks amazing! All you're hard work is paying off! Can't wait to see you wear in person. ^__^ Oh you have a bunny! I want to come over now!!

@Nymph: Oh sorry, that you had to put you're costumes on hold. Well I hope everything works out well. Good luck with the apartment.

@Ruhi: You'll be there too! Awsome! I can't wait to meet another person from this forum! Everyone from this forum is soooo cool! Can't wait!

You're a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
CrazyCookie2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #5557
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

GUYS GUESS WAT. LOOK AT WHAT I FINALLY TOOK PICTURES OF.

Nessa- Snow White is looking great so far!

Beni- *_* HOMG RAPUNZEL. And nice living room. ; )

LKD- Your scarf is on it's way! It should be there Friday.

Sam- : ( I'm sorry to hear about that situation w/ your mom. I hope things work out for you elsewhere. ^^ But WHHAAAT? She took your tickets??!!

Ruhi- How do you lose a dress of that size? XD Did you check your closet, dresser, or random boxes in your room? (idk if anyone else has that problem. lol)

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 10-07-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #5558
nessabutterfly

Okay, I actually made real progress today! The bodice is completely finished except for putting the sleeves in. Unfortunately, once I tighten it up, the sleeve holes are too far back and cut too high on the shoulder. Sigh. Nothing for it now though but to attach the sleeves that way. So sad!

I got the slashes stitched on the outer sleeves, so I'm hoping the red velvet will look good peeking through.

All that's left now is attaching the sleeves, and making the collar and skirt. Oh, and a final coat of paint and bows on the shoes. I think the lace trimmed petticoat will be skipped for now. I'll just use my regular one.
Unread 10-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #5559
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@ Nessa ~ D: good luck figuring everything out!

@Crazy ~ I dunno if I'll be doing belle but I WILL be doing Kid Krillin. So look out for one of those I guess.

@Suzie ~ it's her blue dress....not her ballgown xD I haven't made that yet. lulz

WOOOOW so i'm an idiot....I realized where Belle is....when we reorganized all our cosplay stuff I put all the finished costumes in a bin that is in our bedroom. LOLZ! *facepalm* I feel really relived but SUPER dumb xD

Last edited by RuhiNunchuck : 10-07-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #5560
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Thanks everyone! I really need to see about taking some cosplay pics with the bunny since he's super friendly. All I have to do is style the wig, which I plan on doing tonight.

Sam- NOT FAIR! How dare she take away your tickets! Think you'll get them back? They've been paid for, so it would a total waste. Good luck with the moving, I know it can be hectic.

Nessa- Think you'll have Snow done by tomorrow?

Suzie- 'bout time! It looks gorgeous. And the location looks fabulous- you need to cosplay peasant Belle and photoshoot in the field if you can.

Sasha- You better start her right after Shadocon- I need a Gothel

And speaking of Rapunzel, I'm debating if I should bring her to EXP this weekend or not. I was originally planning on debuting her at MNSSH on Monday, but I'm starting to consider this weekend.....

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 10-07-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #5561
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Nessa- I'm sure it looks FANTASTIC! I wanna see more progress pics!!

Ruhi- Ohh, I see. : ) Yay for finding it!

Beni- INORITE? XD I'm so lazy. But thank you! ^^ The location (my backyard!) would be perfect for Belle! I just have $0 to spend on costumes. : ( Eventually, though.
Unread 10-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #5562
nessabutterfly

Bodice is FINISHED! The sleeves have no poof at all due to the fact that they start almost at my neck (oddly enough, the top would fit someone larger better! I have to pull it too tight across the back so the sleeves are off a little. Well, that and I cut the shoulders too narrow to start with. Me and my dumb wide shoulders!). It looks okay though.

Now I just need to do the skirt and the collar. Wish me luck on the collar. I'm scared!

Oh, and I'm loving my new (well, comparatively new anyway) sewing machine. Yay for a sleeve arm and a fancy zigzag stitch. the boning in the bodice made it impossible to manipulate on my flat bed style singer, and the sheer bulk of it made putting it into my badly-in-need-of-service serger impossible. But somehow the sleeves are on and finished decently!

Oh, and I had it on, with my Haru shift (yay, it works with it so I don't need to make a new one-- canvas on bare skin is a no-no!) and my Haru overskirt on backwards (it's got an open front, otherwise I would just use it), all ready to take pictures, when I realized that my camera must still be at my in-laws. Pooh. So no progress pics for you. So sorry. (really, I am!)

UGH! I cut my skirt backwards!!! At least I have more fabric. GRRRRR!

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 10-07-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #5563
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Beni ~ Don't worry! I was looking at fabric at work. i think i found one that i can dye I just forgot to check the price so I'm praying it's not too expensive X.x

So....found my Belle shirt & dress....but the apron is MIA >.> I'm thinking I can get away w/o it though since she doesn't have it while in the castle. =/ it still bothers me that its missing though. Might try looking for it more tomorrow.

Also forgot to mention that I got to pick up my copy of BatB today Now I just wish I had a Blu-Ray player to watch all the speical stuff on D:

ONE MORE THING! Lion King & Bambi coming out of the vault next year...YEY Lion King was my OTHER favorite Disney movie
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #5564
jaguarlineman
Anime Fan Incognito

Mad Hatter

I finished my Mad Hatter costume!
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
jaguarlineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #5565
Aurora's Heart

Hi guys! Hope you don't mind another Disney fan joining the party. So glad I found a bunch of people who like Disney as much as I do.

A little bit about me: I've loved Disney since I was little (learned to not only sing the songs but mimic the actuall princess) and actually work for Disney at the moment. (Just the store, but still a dream job for sure) My fav character is Aurora (but you guys probably already figured that out) and I actually look like her. The first Disney costume I ever made was Cinderella's pink dress complete with removable bows and sashes so I could make it look ripped. I was 7 or 8 and did it for a local halloween party. I then made a belle dress when I was in Junior High. It wasn't very good, just a thrift store throw together, but it made me happy. Sadly I had to wait untill I started working at the Disney Store to get what I would consider real princess costumes. I bought a Belle and Jasmine costume beacuse I hadn't learned to sew yet. I finally got an Aurora dress in the form of a Briar Rose costume I threw together from the thrift store to wear at my store during halloween. I still need a better shawl for it. Sadly I cannot find any pics of it so, I'll probably drag it out of my closet and wear it to my last con of the year and I can get some really good pics. I recently died my hair, mostly 'cause my dirty blonde roots were anoying me 'cause they clashed with the rest of my honey blonde hair, for my Tink cosplay last month. Therefore, I now have the perfect hair for Aurora. I'm trying to get her blue princess dress done for Mile Hi Con, but seeing as it's in two weeks and I just started working on it, I may have to wait 'till next year. I live in the Mile High state (i.e. Colorado) so, sadly I havn't been to either park in over 7 years. I even get complimentery park passes and everything. (darn stupid expensive place I love so much)

Anyway, I love seeing and hearing about all of your costume progress and park experiences. I've had character issues as well. Mainly in the form of missing my fav character. I had Cindy tell me at Disney World that if I had shown up for breakfast (at the castle) in stead of dinner I could have seen Aurora. Aparently they only let her out in the morning which doesn't make sense 'cause she needs her beauty sleep right. LOL Left me kinda bummed on my birthday, but I guess I can't blame them. It is technically Cindy's park.

I'm still updating my costumes on this site so, I'll just give you the list of ones I've done and am planning for the future.

Have cosplayed:
Tinker Belle-Starfest and NDK 2010 (at some point I WILL hem her skirt.)
Megera-Starfest 2010 (will probably take better pics 'cause the ones I have are blurry)
Jasmine-I have her purple one I bought and I'm planning a formal dress I found in a paper doll book for NDK New Years Eve ball 2010/2011.
Briar Rose-Starfest 2003 or 2004 (can't really remember) will probably wear it for Mile Hi con Oct. 2010
Belle-yellow ball gown purchased which I wore for the first time at Starfest 2004, I think. I have a pattern to possibly make it if I feel so inclined.
Aurora-planning her blue princess dress for Mile Hi con 2010 and Starfest 2011. I'm gonna make the jeweld version of it. (slightly freaking, but I know I can do it)

Future plans:
Malificent-I would love to make this if for no other reason that, IMO, she's the ultimate Disney villan. Plus it would be fun running around a con in character.
Merryweather- my absolute fav of the three fairies. I just need to find a Flora and Fawna.
Rapunzal-I may try this at some point, but we'll see. The wig kinda scares me. My hair is long, but not that long. LOL
Vidia-for some reason I loved her in the books long before the movies came out and then I heard her voice and loved her even more. (No clue why I'm drawn to the bad guy except for the fact she's the most "human" villan I've seen)
Stitch-of course this is if i ever decide I'm brave enough to try a fur suit.

Sorry for the long post. I'm a shy quiet person who writes books when she gets on any kind of forum. Go figure.
Aurora's Heart is offline   Reply With Quote