Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 965 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #5686
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Nessa: She is SO ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to see the finals!

LKD: Don't feel too bad, I ditched the group like 5 or 6 times and only hung out with them for probably 45mins total
I can't wait for January tho. Gotta be on our toes for that one <3

Poody: Don't you just love HQ Pleather??

Beni: How have you been btw??

I have a few pics of my Poca in my costumes list... I think!! >W< SO MUCH FUUUN! Here's one with my John Smith. Kinda wanna invest of fixing it up so people KNOW he's John Smith next time, but we agreed he'll just not wear a costume and be the photog from now on
And another with the D-land's Aladdin; Courtesy of Nick Ruiz. Who found Nick anyways?
RisuKim is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #5687
LKD
Is a princess!!

You guys lost Nick? O-O;
Unread 10-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #5688
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

m? not me, he stuck with ALL the princesses, i just left the royal group to join my carpool group for some nummy candy. :3 besides i was talking to Amanda about my Mulan costume :3
Nick was safe and sound
Unread 10-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #5689
Arin

So what do you guys have planned for ALA? I'm working on Rapunzel, or at least trying to find a seamstress who can do the embroidery details like this or something very similar.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...l/Skirt002.jpg
Ortensia: D23 Expo 2013
Vanessa/Anastasia: D23 Expo 2013
Sally/Fawn: MHP 2013
Arin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #5690
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

sent you PM on FB Arin.
Unread 10-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #5691
uniquecreator
Costume Designer

The edging design on Rapunzel's dress can be handpainted and stenciled in. It will cost slightly cheaper.
uniquecreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #5692
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Poody- That's what I thought. I'm just getting ideas right now since I might be having to make one. Did you use a pattern?

Risu- I've been pretty good. I'm working on my Anastasia ballet gown right now so I can put it in the fair. I feel like I should doll it up with some decorative trim at the top so that it doesn't look like a dark blue tube.

Arin- Thanks for putting that picture up! I'm trying to figure out what to do for the decorations on my skirt too. As much as I'd like to embroider it, I think I'm going to go with uniquecreator's idea of stenciling and painting it. A friend of mine showed me how to do freezer paper stencils and I really like working with them.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #5693
LKD
Is a princess!!

If I ever do Rappy I think I'm going to applique it..so much easier x3

I'm still thinking about what to do for ALA D: I was going to do Scar but my make-up artist (rappydemon <3) isn't going to be there Q_Q X3 unless i'm screwing up dates again
Unread 10-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #5694
nessabutterfly

I'm the crazy one who will hand embroider almost anything! Proof: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2190883/ (okay, well, that's applique too, but it's all hand embroidered around the edges. No machine stitching on there other than the actual garment construction!)

Anyway, I've decided to be sneaky! I'm going to Disney in costume. And not for the halloween party. I'm going to wear my Ariel, but with jeans and no wig. But I'll still wear the hair bow and style my hair like hers. It might even be red by then... But it's just clothes... I can't imagine how they could do anything about it.

I'm the jealous type. I can't stand the thought of my kids having all the fun in their costumes. haha... What a mom, right?

If only our Candlelight tickets would get me into Not-So-Scary. Sigh.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 01:31 AM   #5695
Aurora's Heart

Hi guys. Been a little bit since I've poked my head in, but I'm done with cons for the year *sniff* so, I've finally updated my pics in my gallery. If anyone is interested you can check them out. I have Tink and Briar Rose uploaded as far as Disney costumes go. Hopefully I can get started on my Aurora costume soon. I have some progress made but not as much as I would like. If I end up doing the jeweled version of her dress I may scale it back a bit as it looks like it could get gaudy real quick.

I love all the pics I'm seeing of the Tangeld progress you guys are making. Can't wait for this movie to come out! I kinda agree with Nessa, that I would totally embroider the details if I ever make this. The wig kinda scares me 'cause knowing me I'd have to make it somewhat accurate.

For those of you who live near a Disney Store and collect dolls, we just got in singing princess dolls. They are very beautiful and sound exactly like the movie. Some sound a little odd as they are singing accapella and in Jasmine's case, one half of a duet. They run around $30 and the princesses are: Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Tiana, and Rapunzel. Just thought I would throw that out there for you guys. You seem like the type who might enjoy this.
Aurora's Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 02:52 AM   #5696
Arin

I actually found a website that did an analysis of Rapunzel's costume. Check it out!

http://www.squidoo.com/disneys-rapunzel-costume

I'm also working on a Meg costume as well; although I think finding an accurate wig will probably cost a pretty penny. Oh well.... What won't we do for our hobbies?
Ortensia: D23 Expo 2013
Vanessa/Anastasia: D23 Expo 2013
Sally/Fawn: MHP 2013
Arin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #5697
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

Wow...kinda glad to see this tread hasn't exploded since I've been MIA so long X.x Been busy preparing for the shows for Shadocon. I'm never going to want to make a Final Fantasy costume ever again (except for my director has already asked me to be head seamstress for next year xD)

Not much on the Disney front unfortunately....I'm supposed to make Flynn and Gothel for the opening of Tangled to go with Beni's Rappy...but honestly I don't think I'll have time/money to do them as well as I want =< Beni....I WILL make them but 3 weeks just isn't enough time...especially with the photoshoot.

I am planning on going to Mickey Very Merry Christmas party! I saw these cardboard standups in a mall here promoting them and I got very excited (UGH but it's not even Halloween yet!) Anyone else planning on going to MVMCP at WDW this year?

Speaking of Halloween. There's an event at MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) in Tampa called Hall-o-boo. Metrocon's show casts do their practices during the summer there and MOSI has asked their directors for help with the Hall-o-boo event. My bf Tyler has worked with Metro for like 6 years so we were asked to help. This means Belle is going to come out again! I had to remake the apron as I couldn't find my old one *still* But I'm really excited because the age demographic is like 2-12. Super excited. Just doing it for tonight though.

Anyways that's all goin on here. Gotta go start packing though. We're going to be in Tampa all week next week getting ready for this con. I LOVE YOU ALL!
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #5698
nessabutterfly

Here, have a dwarf http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...=photo_comment

Now back to the prince...
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #5699
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Nessa- Go for it! Just don't be too surprised if security watches you like a hawk. And OMG! Dancing Dopey is so cute! Does he like the costume?

Aurora- My Rapunzel is finished except for the detail on the outer skirt. There are pics on my page as well as some different ones in my dA gallery(link in sig).

Sasha- Its okay. I was starting to have the feeling that you would be able to get everything done between Shadocon stuff as well as everything else. And have fun with all the Halloween events! Oh, and break a leg at your performance next weekend!

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 10-29-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #5700
RisuKim
the one the only, Risu

Aurora: I saw those when we were doing Shipment! They are so cute and I even got a sneak peak of Rappy's song >W< It's so cute!

Beni: You should DEFINIELY put some gold trim on it, just so it stands out as well as looks a bit traditional

Sasha: Bummer that you can't finish the costumes, but money is key to getting anything done now :P Congrats on your Belle opp. You will do such a wonderful job!!

LKD: took me a few days, but when I said who found Nick I meant who brought him. XD