Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 642 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #5881
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

All of you guys are totally right on the race thing. ^^ I would cosplay Tiana whether I was going to get rude remarks about it or not, but some people are just ignorant, you know? >.> Sigh. XD At least I know what to say to them if I happen to come across any. XP
MermaidRizu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #5882
SweeneysGalMegz
Proud Hufflepuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncactus View Post
Yeah, but she equivalents that with "white-washing" the character. She says you have to get like, stage make up and stuff. Ugggh. We're fighting about it at the moment, actually. haha

Haha that's awesome though, good hobby to have!
Well, phooey on her! Well, I hope you can convince her to see the light.

Tangled Count: 6
SweeneysGalMegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #5883
pinkriverdolp

Mermaid: I'm Sri Lankan, and am planning on cosplaying Ariel. Actually, I just got the wig for her yesterday I am the furthest thing from red hair and white skin.

Like you, I was a bit self-conscious about looking so drastically different from her, though people on this thread were very supportive, and I say, what the hey! Ariel is my favourite character, and if you're a fan of Tiana, then let's cosplay them for the love of the characters. It's all about having fun, right?
pinkriverdolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 02:42 AM   #5884
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkriverdolp View Post
Mermaid: I'm Sri Lankan, and am planning on cosplaying Ariel. Actually, I just got the wig for her yesterday I am the furthest thing from red hair and white skin.

Like you, I was a bit self-conscious about looking so drastically different from her, though people on this thread were very supportive, and I say, what the hey! Ariel is my favourite character, and if you're a fan of Tiana, then let's cosplay them for the love of the characters. It's all about having fun, right?
I actually think that a Sri Lankan Ariel would be very pretty and unique! ^^ You'll have to post pictures, I bet you'll look great!

And yeah, it's all about having fun! ^^ Let's embrace our wrong-skin-colored versions of the characters we love! XD
Unread 11-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #5885
SweeneysGalMegz
Proud Hufflepuff

Does anyone have a good picture of the pattern on Rapunzel's skirt that runs along the front panel and the bottom of it? I want to make a stencil out of it to make painting the design on easier, but every picture I find has her moving all over the place and it's warped or not all there.

Last edited by SweeneysGalMegz : 11-27-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #5886
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

If that is the case, those who are Hispanic would have no princess to cosplay because that seems to be the only race without a princess or Disney girl...

Oh yeah, do you think this is the perfect pattern for princess Eilonwy from the Black Cauldron? It's, like, perfect!

http://www.1sewingpatterns.com/image...ime=1290867919
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #5887
SweeneysGalMegz
Proud Hufflepuff

Tabby: There are some changes I'd make to it, but it's a wonderful start.

Actually, I think I saw another I thought suited her earlier.. I'll try and find it incase you like it better.

Last edited by SweeneysGalMegz : 11-27-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #5888
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Moon ~ I totally missed your discussion topic before here's my thoughts

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
you know I honestly didn't even think about that..good call....I guess it wouldn't if it was like that one lock from when she was a baby. Guess she'd have to go even shorter to get it to not be so messy? I don't know lol. I though it looked cute messy like that. I've actually had my hair like that before >.> heh

@Megz ~ Welcome! We're happy to have you here! And yaye! Another Rapunzel! hehe good luck! What other characters do you have on your list?

@Moon ~ I have friends like that too. They're a stickler for accuracy including race. =/ I have a hard time talking cosplay with them sometimes.

@Tabby ~ I agree with Megz. It's a great base for it!

@LKD ~ Ya know....I had a feeling there was a big bow....but I don't know if I bought enough fabric. So I'll have to see what I have left over after making the dress. And the hair...I don't know what to do. I have my wig from the blue dress I made and it's completely unstyled right now (kinda went through alot at the last con...) so I might try an make it that updo. But in the actual movie she has a bow like her blue dress.
http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/...astle_1551.jpg

and the updo ~ http://d11.laserdiscs.biz/movies/Dis...SNYFront.jp g

Guh...Idk which one I'll end up doing. I might just go with the village look this time around and get another wig later for the updo. I'm not sure. Also....do you know where I can find pictures of the parks version of this dress? I wasn't able to find any but I have seen them in my searching in the past.

On that note :3
Getting ready to start on Xmas Belle!!! I'm so excited! I cut out all the patterns the other day (glad I did...cuz I hate cutting patterns xD). But I'll post pics as I get stuff done :3 Got work at 4 and it's almost 10 here.

Last edited by RuhiNunchuck : 11-27-2010 at 08:54 AM.
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #5889
SweeneysGalMegz
Proud Hufflepuff

Oh lordy, I have plenty of Disney Characters on my list, including:
-Enchanted: Gizelle's curtain dress and her animated dress
-Peter Pan: Tinkerbell, Peter, and Wendy
-Alice in Wonderland (Classic): Alice
-The Little Mermaid: Ariel (Mermaid)
-Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
-Aladdin: Jasmine's default, her slave outfit, and her wedding dress
-Beauty and the Beast: Belle's ballgown, her village dress, her winter outfit, and her Christmas dress
-Sleeping Beauty: Pink birthday dress, and Briar Rose's outfit.
-Hercules: Megara and Hera
-Hunchback of Notre Dame: Esmerelda's default and her Festival of Fools outfit
-The Black Cauldron: Eilonwy
-Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Kida's Default
-Princess and the Frog: Lottie's utterly massive ballgown
-Mulan: Her post-Reflections, when her father puts the cherry blossom in her hair
-Pocahontas: Her Native American default (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the sequel)
-Tarzan: Jane's yellow dress
-Toy Story: Bo Peep and Jessie
-Emperor's New Groove: Kuzco
-Kim Possible: Shego and Kim
-Various: Minnie Mouse
-Tangled: Mother Gothel
-Alice in Wonderland (2010): Alice from the Engagement Party, when she first arrives in Wonderland, the scraps dress Hatter makes for her, her Red Queen dress, and her sailing dress. I also hope to make the Red Queen's dress
-The Incredibles: Violet in her super suit

And there are many characters that aren't Disney on it too. xD I like to plan and make lists. After I finish Rapunzel and a few others that aren't Disney, I'm doing Gizelle's animated dress from Enchanted.

Last edited by SweeneysGalMegz : 11-27-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Unread 11-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #5890
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Moon-

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I actually found several wigs that could work for her ending 'do. I asked for one for Christmas, but I'm hoping I don't get it because I found a better one. I can post links if anyone is interested.

Tabby- I think it could work. Like everyone else said, just tweak it a little.

Megz- That list ought to keep you busy for a while XD
Here's a picture of the detail:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...s/Skirt002.jpg
I also have templates for the designs. I made stencils out of them and it worked pretty well.

I've also decided to take advantage of all the 50% coupons that I have for JoAnn's and start getting some of the fabric for my Coronation Anya. Since I plan on using Casa satin for the gold part of the gown, should I go with the glittery satin or the plain? Her dress is so sparkly, but I'm afraid of looking gaudy if I use the glittery stuff.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 11-27-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #5891
SweeneysGalMegz
Proud Hufflepuff

Benihime: Ah! Thanks a bundle! I'm not sure how I'm going to make a stencil out of it yet, but alas I'll figure it out. xD (Hopefully!). And yes, it is a very long list. I hope I don't get into many more fandoms for a while. XD

Unread 11-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #5892
ODP!
Part of your world

Hello everyone~
I picked up my little sister's Wendy fabric yesturday. Thank you 50% off coupons!
I also found fabric for my partner-in-crime's Esmeralda skirt, and the perfect fabric for her Gothel. I didn't get Gother because I think she wants to go see that one for herself.
I picked up a makeup kit from Sephora that i'm madly in love with. -snuggles-
And a few things from the Disney store. ^^

Those singing dolls are BEAUTIFUL.
I want all of them.
Mostly Ariel and Rapunzel.
..And Aurora.

ANYWAY!
The race thing.
I have a few friends who bitch out anyone who "doesn't look like the character". Bah. Purists. I say, if you love the character, BE THEM! This is all for fun, anyway. Why does it matter to some people? I don't know. I get excited whenever I see Disney cosplayers, race, gender, what have you don't matter to me.

I also have friends who love characters but are too afraid to cosplay them because of the same reasons.

Just forget the jerks, be someone you love. :]

I had something else to say, but I forgot.
^_^;

Good luck with your Belle dress, Ruhi!
Like I said on FB, my favorite dress!
I can't wait to see it, you're going to look so beautiful!
^_^
Rapunzel (Lunatia)
Belle(Lunatia)
Snow White(Lunatia)
Jasmine(Miku Star)
Esmeralda (Miku Star)
Princess Daisy(Miku Star)
Secret Costume (Miku Star)
Halloween Town Sora(Rika Riona)
Peter Pan (Rika Riona)
Songstress Rikku (Rika Riona)

Wendy Darling(Aerithia)
Alice (Aerithia)

Coming up:
AX
Comic Con
D23
ODP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #5893
LKD
Is a princess!!

I WAANT MY MAKE-UP TOOO Q_Q Is it wonderful? Like amazing?

Ruhi- Here's some from a friend of Belle's gallery ^-^
http://bellesangel.deviantart.com/ar...1860192&qo=180
http://bellesangel.deviantart.com/ar...1860192&qo=179
http://bellesangel.deviantart.com/ar...1860192&qo=178
http://bellesangel.deviantart.com/ar...1860192&qo=246
http://bellesangel.deviantart.com/ar...1860192&qo=247
http://bellesangel.deviantart.com/ar...1860192&qo=244
>< I usually don't hate fabric choices but eeew XD I'm sure it looks better in person though

Personally, I like the ponytail more than the updo
Unread 11-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #5894
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

I'm going to see Tangled for the first time tonight! ^^ I'm so excited! And if you guys are any indication, I'll probably end up adding several more things to my "want to cosplay" list after seeing it...XD
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #5895
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hello, ladies! I know I have been absent for quite some time- it's all school's fault. Anyway, today I went to the fabric store. And I didn't get any fabric.

D8

I know, right? I just didn't know what to get!! I looked for fabric to finish Rose, but I didn't find anything, then I didn't know what else to get! I DID at least, get a zipper for her/ Ariel's corset, so that part will FINALLY be finished. w00t. I also got my first wig-head!! Woohoo!!

Oh, also, the drama club needs me to make its costumes for Cinderella!! =D I'm pretty excited about that. They're not going to be entirely Disney-accurate, but they definitely will be inspired by it. The director has a bunch of neat fabrics for me to work with that I'll have to finaggle into working for the characters- I'm looking forward to the challenge!

So, I'm going to be suuuper busy working on the FIVE hogwarts scarves I have commissioned, then all these costumes. It's going to be crazy. But, after that I would LIKE to work on some of my own costumes; we'll see how that goes.

One last thing: I found a near-perfect pattern for Belle's village dress. The only inaccuracy is that the back collar isn't squared like the front, and the corners of the straps and neckline could be a bit pointier. It would also have to be cut and re-sewn at the waist, and have a seam sewn down the center of the bodice, but otherwise, it's great.

In the meantime, I'll see you ladies around cyberspace!!

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 11-27-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote