Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1099 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #6016
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

Cait~ I think you should use the fleece straight up. it'll look much softer too :3. I'm excited to see how it comes out.

Soo...we were talking about young hercules yesterday and while my bf Tyler is planning on doing older herc. I realized his younger brother is tall and lanky enough to do young herc
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2228410_n.jpg

but the chances of me actually getting him to cosplay it is slim to none. Well at least I'll get my hunky Herc :3

Still working on my belle wig. I'm having a REALLY hard time getting the curls to say =/ I think I gotta be doing something wrong. I used modified paper towl rolls as rollers and Got2b glued hair spray (as much as i hate it for styling softer wigs.). And I left it up over night. So here's to hoping it held =/ Just in case it doesnt....is there any other way to get this thing curled? I've tried applying heat and it did NOTHING. I think my next step would be buying a set of curlers at walmart when I get paid and use the hot water method =/

Also as far as my dress goes...I'm hoping to finish to today :3. It IS going to be done this week. I swear it. But I won't be sharing any pics on facebook or anything because I want to wait for better photos before showing all of them. But I will post a pic of it finished this week to show you guys. You guys have been SO much help and it'll drive me crazy not showing ANYONE lol <3

ALSO! I stumbled across this on my chirstmas wallpaper searchings.

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/prod...+Items&epm=ctc

D: They even have Pocahontas!

Last edited by RuhiNunchuck : 12-05-2010 at 11:56 AM.
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #6017
dismaldreary
The Tragic Heroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Dismal- I'm pretty sure I saw a brocade that almost matched that fabric, but I can't remember where I saw it. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Aaron- Young Herc should be a fairly easy costume. Just make a toga and that's about the bulk of the costume. And you'd probably make a great one- you're pretty tall and thin

Sam- Yay Jasmine! Expect me to be crazy with the help. In fact, do you need pattern Ideas?

Megz- Probably. I have the feeling there are most people on the west coast than there are on the east coast, so some of the west side/middle of the country people will probably just be east coasters. Do you have a facebook BTW?

I've started on Jasmine's robe. I'm using a teal fleece that almost matches her default outfit. I was thinking of using that as a lining as using a crepe satin for the outside. Now that I look at it, I'm thinking of just going with the fleece because it has a cozier texture/look to it. Here's what her robe looks like:
http://www.hinkty.com/weblog/2004/10...smine_1069.jpg
What do you think? Use the fleece as lining or leave as is?
Thanks that would be a huge help!

And I'd go with just the fleece. I don't think it needs the satin.

DeviantART
facebook

"And envy and pride like ill weeds grew in her heart higher every day, until she had no peace day or night."
dismaldreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #6018
Faraday
oh modern man.

After Glow- Ha-ha! What did I tell you -- that store's awesome right?! It's weird because I was planning on going Friday too to pick up fabric, but my friend that wanted to go with me got nabbed to work on a client so our expedition to the store got postponed for next week. But it would've been hilarious if we ran into eachother both looking for Rapunzel fabric :P

Ruhi- Digging the tree! If had that money to throw around, I'd get it... even if I don't get what's going on with Snow's skirt on it, lol (it looks like she's holding it but her hands are being held by the prince, what is this?)
Also! about the wig: Velcro rollers + water warmed in the microwave for 1:30 = A+
This was my wig before the water trick, I made pincurls and sprayed them with Got2B. After the water trick, they look fluffier and stay much better. In fact I just keep the wig in a bag, when I pull it out I just have to brush the curls individually to reshape them.
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #6019
nessabutterfly

Cait-- I would personally use the satin over top-- but you know I'm kinda crazy about accuracy.

Ruhi-- You can get sponge rollers at dollar tree for $1. Roll the hair in those, mist it lightly with water, then give it a blast with the blow dryer. Then, before taking the curlers out, use hairspray, blast it with the blow dryer again, and let it cool completely (5-10 minutes) before taking the curlers out. If that doesn't work, then your wig just doesn't want to take curl. Period!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #6020
LKD
Is a princess!!

Q_Q They have sponge rollers for $1...I really need to check them out before I buy stuff I swear ><

Girls, I'm thinkering for Rapunzel~
Should I order this wig http://shop.cosplay.com/ccxx01-caram...aight-wig.html since it's as long/tall as me or keep my old wig but straighten it and sew an extension at the end and then another extension at the end of that one? But the thing is I need that wig curly for another cosplay soon o.<

Oh and I'm going to go see Tangled again in an hour ^-^
Unread 12-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #6021
titiniux

RuhiNunchuck: You're VERY welcome!! I loved that bit as well n.n It was just so freaking cute. And CONGRATULATIONS on that new job!! If that means Gothel's happening, it rocks

Beni: It's not quite the full canopy: it's just the veil thingy that was sold at Disney's Store when Enchanted came out. I found it on clearance and I HAD to get it. But if you DO have the bed already, I bet it wil come out amazingly. Specially wih your skills :3 *is jealous* Oh, and that gift exchange sounds amazing I'm still new to the forum, but from what I can get, almost everyone's from California or Florida, right? I'm totally in: here's my facebook http://www.facebook.com/titiniux (and that goes for everyone as well n.n)

Sweeney: you're not alone: I, for my part, have seen it twice and will be seeing it again this week on wednesday. Luckily for me, $3 dlls cinema still exist n.n

LKD: I saw that wig once I had already bought mine and loved it. It's 20'' longer than mine and less golden, so if you can go for it, I'd say go!

However, how do you plan to lift the bangs? Mine has bangs as well and I keep trying to find a way to do so that won't make it less soft, since it's amazingly so...
titiniux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #6022
titiniux

Oh - on said livejournal community for disney princesses, they posted this rough track of what Rapunzel would have been if it had stayed as Rapunzel Unbraided, back when Glen Keane as director. I love, love love Glen Keane, but after seeing Tangled (which I still refuse to call other than Rapunzel, mind you) I'm SO GLAD they went in another direction... even if that meant waiting for that movie five years. The studio had it wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMpL...layer_embedded

(here's the lj link, in case anyone's curious: http://community.livejournal.com/d_p...s/1003796.html)

Quote:
Hey, remember when Tangled was Rapunzel Unbraided? That was when Glen Keane was directing it–five years ago. (It's been that long? Ouch!) In any case, a PreViz of that particular project has unearthed and it's… um… special. But let's let Glen Keane talk about Rapunzel Unbraided:

I started developing this story in '96 while I was doing "Tarzan" and "Treasure Planet" and then started to work on it in 2002 full-time. At that point, the studio was looking for more of a twist on the fairy tale. That was the way the wind was blowing and I put up my sails and blew in that direction. That version was called "Rapunzel Unbraided" and I worked on it for three years. It was a fun, wonderful, witty version and we had a couple of great writers. But in my heart of hearts I believed there was something much more sincere and genuine to get out of the story, so we set it aside and went back to the roots of the original fairy tale.

As far as I can determine, Rapunzel Unbraided follows Claire and Vince, two regular people, who are sucked into a fairy tale, where the actual Rapunzel has been turned into a squirrel and Claire, now possessing lots of hair, takes her place–and Vince becomes a prince? I don't know, details are sketchy. This was more of a spiritual sequel to Enchanted than the current Tangled is. Anybody else know more?
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #6023
LKD
Is a princess!!

Titi (lol) - Usually when I look for Blonde wigs I don't look for a blonde close to the character but a blonde that works with my skin tone x3 I'm probably going lift it the same way I did my Belle bangs or something like it, Which is..I forget o.< well since you just added me on fb,
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...00001093210222
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #6024
titiniux

Oh, so that's you! This cartoon character profile pic is funny: I found myself browsing through profile pics to find out who you were, and I suspected, but wasn't sure n.n

Thanks a lot!!! I shall try that and let you know how it went n.n
And you're right, skin tone IS important - I'm hispanic too, so yeah - excellent point
Unread 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #6025
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

@Faraday ~ i'll have to try that method when I have money to get rollers lol

@Titinx ~ Yeah....I didn't like that AT ALL. X.x

First day of work today. It was alright. Tiring. I'm not sure but I might not be able to go to Megacon =< I have to work every other weekend and my PTO doesn't start accruing until after my 90 day probationary period (which is the beginning of march). This makes me kind of sad =< I'll have to wait until I get my schedule to find out if I get that weekend off or not. Here's to hoping. Cuz I still really want to make Drizzy & Gothel

:EDIT:: Update on my Belle costume. I GOT ONE SLEEVE ON! It only took me a week to just sit down and do it. I just have to find the other half of the other sleeve and put that one on. Then onto detail work I'm so excited to get this thing done. I have some tweaking & straightening to do. I'm going to pick up curlers for my wig tomorrow I think. What size should I get? I don't want super tight curls so probably bigger ones? Not gigantic though. Guh I'm happy to have one sleeve done!

Last edited by RuhiNunchuck : 12-06-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Costume update
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #6026
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

I wound up going with the plain ol' fleece for the robe since it was the general consensus and I was too lazy to make an outer covering. Picked up some beaded trim today, so I should be finishing in the next day or so.

Sasha- Good luck with your wig issue. I wish I could help, but I don't know much about hair or wigs.

Titi- W....T....F....thanks for sharing that link! It makes me even more grateful for the current Tangled XD.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #6027
Aurora's Heart

Narnian- love the dress! I agree with everyone that Belle's green dress is under done. I really want to do a winter photo shoot after seeing the snow in your pics. However, no luck with anything sticking and I live in Colorado for crying out loud.

Ruhi- I kinda surprised on your curl dilema. I never seem to have any issues with curls. I used sponge rollers and mega hold gel to style my wig for Padme's meadow dress. Came out kinda like ringlets, but that's what I was going for. I hope the other girls suggestions work out for you.

So I'll add my two cents to the Tangled spoiler disscussion.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I acctually liked her short hair. It was kind of a shock at first but it grew on me by the end. It was kinda funny 'cause a girl I work with recently dyed her hair dark brown from blonde and her hair is cut almost the same way as Rapunzel's. We got to talking about this scene and she said her first thought was, "I should get him (Flynn) to cut my hair 'cause he cuts hair cute". She did go on to explain that her daughter was in tears leaving the theater and so mad that her hair was ugly and brown. Also, about Mother Gothel following many other villans and falling to her death, If you look closely she never actually makes it to the ground before she turns to dust. So, it really wouldn't have mattered if she fell out a window or they waited ten more seconds and therefore it is different than the other falling deaths. She is centuries old after all.

I wish I had progress to report, but sadly no. Maybe after I get my tree up, with the four new Rapunzel ornaments, I can find time. I'm itching to work on it too which doesn't help any. I'm also trying to figure out what to make Aurora's crown out of. I'm toying with doing it out of craft foam, but my inner perfectionist (which I usually succeed in starving half to death) really wants to see if I can make an authentic one out of metal. Once I get the jewls for it and such, the foam one with probably win. I'm also trying to figure out her bangs. I've managed to do a decent job, but I want her bangs perfect. What's the point of having golden blonde hair if I can't style my bangs correctly? If we had snow (looks at sky with 20 question marks over head) I could grab a cloak, some boots and have fun taking winter Briar Rose pics. Oh well. I think the only bad thing about listenting to you ladies disscuss Rapunzel dresses is it make me want to make one and I know it will be awhile before I get on done. Still, it's fun to listen or rather read.
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #6028
LKD
Is a princess!!

My mom actually had a laugh because of her hair. She said it's funny at the end that even though she's a princess and it's days later and she still hadn't fixed her hair XD

I got my Pascal from Beni ^-^ Totally getting the costume on (well the top half) and taking pictures tonight XD
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #6029
Aurora's Heart

LOL! I noticed that as well. Probably sick of brushing her hair and decided to take a break for a while. Either that or she figured it was a sloppy cut job and it didn't really matter if she brushed it.

Yay for pictures. I never have enough.
Unread 12-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #6030
SweeneysGalMegz
Proud Hufflepuff

Personally if I was Rapunzel I wouldn't dare cut it anymore. I mean, it's grown on me and I think it's cute, but if she cut it anymore it could be terrible. Her hair will never grow again, so if she cut it shorter and hated it she'd be stuck with it for the rest of her life.

Anyways, I've been sorting through fabrics since that's all I can do at the moment and I think I'm going to fall back on this for the bodice if I can't find a similar fabric in a lighter color. And for the modesty strip (for lack of better term; it's the piece under her lace up) I was thinking this (Casa Collection Satin).

Tangled Count: 6
SweeneysGalMegz is offline   Reply With Quote