Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1105 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #6031
LKD
Is a princess!!

Sweeny- The fabric you want for your bodice looks perfect for her skirt Well the color that is

Titi- I tried XD I only had my crappy webcam and a crappy online editing site not to mention I should have gone to bed earlier @-@ I'll try again later XD; Here's 8 pictures combined into one; I'm wondering why it looks so off..I totally erased my hands out on accident x_X

Unread 12-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #6032
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiniux View Post
Oh - on said livejournal community for disney princesses, they posted this rough track of what Rapunzel would have been if it had stayed as Rapunzel Unbraided, back when Glen Keane as director. I love, love love Glen Keane, but after seeing Tangled (which I still refuse to call other than Rapunzel, mind you) I'm SO GLAD they went in another direction... even if that meant waiting for that movie five years. The studio had it wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMpL...layer_embedded

(here's the lj link, in case anyone's curious: http://community.livejournal.com/d_p...s/1003796.html)
That is really bizarre! I remember seeing the sketches for the girl and the pizza guy and the transformation into Rapunzel and the prince, but the video is a new one. The art style is really unusual, reminds me of Zelda: Windwaker for some reason. It's so cool that it exists after all this time! Sadly, I still haven't seen Tangled yet. Tried to go see it when I was visiting family but there weren't any showings when I had time to go see a movie.

Our local Disney Store has some amazing new plushies, btw. I got the Beauty and the Beast set - Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, and Cogsworth. They apparently had Chip too but he was sold out. They're really cute and sized "to scale". Oh and they have dolls (Barbie sized) with all kinds of costume variations - which is kind of rare to see. Usually you see the ball dresses and that's it. I always find it funny to look at things like that: "I have that one, and that one, and someday I'll make that one..."
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #6033
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Sweeney: I think that fabric is the same color and style as what I got but it's just photographed differently.

This is what I got: http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/ca...e=googleba se

It's called "Lilac" and the fabric you're looking at is the same and says the color "orchid" but that the background is called "lilac", hence why I think they are one in the same. I just think yours was photographed differently. If you like what I used, go with the link I sent you just in case. But I think you're pretty safe ordering the other stuff. I have a feeling it's the same stuff.
Unread 12-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #6034
titiniux

Ruhi: Here's to hoping as well. It would be a shame if you got the money but not the time for the costumes. :S (For wearing them, rather). You'll do all right, you'll see. n.n

Sweeney: That fabric for the bodice is gorgeous!!! I so want it!! *pouts*

TR Rose: I'm sure you'll love it, don't worry. Plus, that video will make you appreciate it more, me thinks. At least I did. Oh, and I did see a Chip on my local store - funny, it was the only one they had over here XD. Only I'm broke from my Christmas shopping and I had to settle with just hugging it while I browsed around. n.n

LKD: THAT'S SO COOL!!! They turned out great - I think the image quality actually makes it look as if the hair really were that long n.n Loved it loved it loved it

Is it me, or is everybody else having fun at the Exchange Facebook page? XD not that I mind, though.

Last edited by titiniux : 12-07-2010 at 03:08 PM.
titiniux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #6035
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

LKD- LOL! That's cute!

TR- I love that! I went to the Disney Store last weekend and was amazed at all the plushies. They even had the ostrich and gator from Fantasia and Thomas O'Malley. If they're still having their buy-one, get-one sale, I might just pick up a few more. I already got a Marie plushie for Jill(it was free with LKD's Pascal).

Sam- Soooo pretty! Jill just saw Tangled, so she naturally wants to cosplay Rapunzel now. With her perfectionism, we'll probably wind up using that fabric XD

Sasha- Don't worry! Even if you don't get to wear the costumes for Megacon, we'll have some shoots. Promise!

Titi- You were invited, weren't you? I hope so! If you weren't, I'll be sure to fix that.

Oh, and that goes for just about anyone who has multiple posts here. PM me for details if interested.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #6036
titiniux

Beni: don't worry, I was invited. In fact, I already thought of what I'm giving n.n *evil grin*
titiniux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #6037
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hello ladies and gents. SO MANY PAGES SLOW DOWN! XD I don't have time to read them all right now, so I'll have to catch up later. So. I am SO excited for the Secret Santa! 83 I'm like tearing apart Etsy searching for the perfect gift! XD

In other news, I think my mom has the perfect fabric in her shop for Briar Rose's blouse (yeah I STILL haven't made it) that I'll see about getting tomorrow. Maybe one of these years I'll have a legit cosplay done. haha I'm shooting for the Spring, but we'll see how that goes.
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #6038
After glow
Concentrate and ask again

Blah long time no post! In sitting in my car right now on my break and trying to make this work from my phone...we shall see....

LKD-I love your expression while Pascal is just all....smiley...priceless!

Faraday-that would have been hysterical to run into each other while shopping for Punzie. They have some amazing stuff there--I'm never going to Joanns again if I can help it!

Rubi-I totally understand the money/work vs time for costumes dilemma as its my life as well. I do all of my sewing from 11pm onward...it sucks but at least it gets finished, you know? Plus more financial freedom always feels good

Necro-Ooooh I love that fabric! It looks like the one I just used for the bodice for Punzie.

Beni-Thank you so much for organizing the Secret Santa! You are the best!

Ini
After glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #6039
After glow
Concentrate and ask again

So car posting was only half way sucessful....oops.

I finished my Punzie 2.0 bodice last night and just have to do the grommets and lacing up the front. I'm so impatient I want it finished tonight but it looks like I'm going to be here a while.

All of the 'Rapunzel Unbraided' stuff that everyone has posted is absolutely INSANE. Thank god for 'Tangled'!

And that is all for now-back to work for me!
After glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #6040
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Rose- THAT would have been creepy. *shudders*

OMG I want this dress sooo badd. It would be so awesome to modify for an Ariel costume!!

A QUESTION- Are there any of you lovely ladies here that seriously intend on cosplaying Barbie from TS3? If so, I have the perfect shoes for you! I bought these shoes which I intended to wear to prom, but sadly they are ever-so-slightly too small for my big feet. : ( They fit enough for me to cram them on so I can use them in the ad for my Barbie Legwarmers, but after that, I will have no use for them. Let me know if you are interested! I may even cut you a deal if you want the shoes AND the Legwarmers!!

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 12-07-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #6041
LKD
Is a princess!!

Thanks everyone xP I still think it looks kinda silly

Speaking of grommets. I have issues with them >< A few always fall out, anyway to keep them from falling off? It always happens to me
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #6042
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Titi- Oh good! You scared me there for a second!

Suzie- Get that fabric and post pictures of it! And spring would be a great time to shoot for Briar Rose. Lots of fresh green grass, flowers, and all sorts of prettiness. Plus, you have those gorgeous Kentucky hills near you, right?

Glow- awww, thanks! Most of the work is done, so its up to you ladies(and Aaron) to keep up the fabulous-ness

LKD- How are you putting them one and what kind do you have? I've had good luck with them so far between my maid corset, Jill's Elizabeth Swan, and my Rapunzel.

And in this cosplay corner, I'm working on the details of Jasmine's robe. I put this pretty beaded trim on and now I'm putting this other trim over the top of that. My Christmas Tink is almost done too, so expect pictures of that once I have a chance.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #6043
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Beni- It's not really that photo-worthy. haha it's just off-white/beigey-grey fabric. ^.^ But yes, Kentucky landscapes are GORGEOUS, especially in the spring and fall.
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #6044
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Thanks everyone xP I still think it looks kinda silly

Speaking of grommets. I have issues with them >< A few always fall out, anyway to keep them from falling off? It always happens to me
With your grommets, are you cutting a hole for them or stretching one? I find that if you cut them, they will pull out.

It's easier to use a tailor's awl to poke between the threads. You push it until the eyelet fits over the end of the awl, then pull the awl and eyelet through in one motion. Your opening will be a perfect fit and will be nice and snug around the eyelet. When you hammer it shut, it'll bite into the fibers and lock it down.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #6045
SweeneysGalMegz
Proud Hufflepuff

Nymph: That actually does look very similar. I think the color difference might be due to lighting when photographed. By the way, I probably said it already but I love your Rapunzel.

That fabric is rather pretty, but I feel like this one is closer to the color. Her bodice has always looked more pink-purple to me than just purple. Here is the other one I'm looking at right now.

Oh, and as I was watching Tangled the other night I was looking at the lace trim on the bottom of her bodice. Is it pink as opposed to the white on the top, or does it just appear pink because of her skirt under it?

Tangled Count: 6

Last edited by SweeneysGalMegz : 12-08-2010 at 06:29 AM.
SweeneysGalMegz is offline   Reply With Quote