Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 178 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 12-31-2010, 08:26 PM   #6301
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Suzie- I'm not sure. I can get a sku number to check if you'd like? I can't wait for the next swishy dress I make. Rapunzel wasn't as swishy as one might think. And thanks- I spent most of today in bed and am able to speak a little bit now.
And I think that kid is going to grow up to be Disney confused...

LKD- It would be perfect for the blue Ariel dress. Really? I had no idea that's what you used. actually couldn't find that fabric last year, which made me really irritated because I had several ideas for it.

Seifer- Not your house, under it! Like where you pull a lever in your closet and it takes you to there. Just be sure to pull the right one! Or you could just use the boyfriend's house as the lair XD. And thanks- which wigs are you referring to specifically?

Ama- Unfortunately, this book came out before Tiana, so it doesn't have any new outfits for her. I did a beach shoot earlier this year, but I would like to do another one. Which state do you live in?

Cookie- You're so welcome! I'm happy your mom is finally starting to "see the light" about you cosplay stuff. We'll definitely have to plan to work on cosplay stuff again soon(preferably when I'm not sick). I forgot to take pictures of our work when you were here, so be sure to put some up when you can~

Two quick questions for all:
1- Should I go ahead and remake my Meg since I found better fabric?
2- Since we could talk about non-Disney princesses like Anastasia and Odette, can we also talk about Fiona even though she's Dreamworks?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #6302
titiniux

Suzie Blue: I just adore how your Briar Rose is coming out!! I fell in love with your corset the moment I saw it, and now your skirt twirls as well??

And yeah, the minute I put my Rapunzel dress on I couldn't stop twirling. My inner five year old has never been happier.

LKD: :O You do??? I'm so jealous - I looked at my local fabric stores and they don't even know how it could be called, let alone have it.

Aurora's Heart: Thank you so much!!! Even though a hundred bucks is quite a bit more than I've ever paid for a doll (or ever intended to), I'm soooo tempted I may start saving... Thank you so much!!

CrazyCookie: Aaaaaaaaaaaw *blushes* *Blushes again* X3 You're so welcome!!! I'm glad you liked the candy - my boyfriend laughed at me at giving it away, since I like it so much 'you won't be able to do it', he said. I'm so glad you liked it too!! And we'll be trying the dinosaur cookies this weekend I had to take a picture of that recipe n.n

Beni: I hope you get better soon!!! I couldn't talk on Christmas, so i feel your pain
And I guess I'm no one to talk, but talking Fiona doesn't seem so bad to me - Anastasia and Odette are, after all, without a 'home' in the forums and so is she... but how on earth would you cosplay Toothless? I'm curious n.n
titiniux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #6303
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Beni- I tried to look, but I didn't really know what to search for... lol That would be great, if it isn't any trouble. : ) I don't think it's possible to grow up "right" without Disney!! I'm glad you're getting better, too.
Answers to your questions: 1. I like your Meg already, but if you'll be happier with a new one, go for it! 2. I'd be fine with it!

Titiniux- Thank you! I've had two people already aske me about commissions for Rose costumes!! I just wish I wasn't so busy right now so I could actually take them up on their offers. Btw, you should put up pics of your Rappy cosplay!!

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 12-31-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #6304
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hey Beni! lol Since you're here, do you have any tips on hemming circle skirts? I know there are instructions in the pattern, but it seems like too much work. Any ideas?
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:11 AM   #6305
Seifer-sama

@ Suzie Blue - Wow really??? Someone who hates Disney? Huh... I have heard the whole "sexist" thing, but I always felt that people will see what they want to see. Me personally, I was raised on Disney and I seem to be okay. Hee hee. As an illustrator and general artist, I think Disney movies are a work of art and should be shared. Clearly though, there are those who think otherwise... poor kid.

That first guy was really funny though! I felt bad for him, he looked like he was trying to run away but they backed him into the shrubbery. Oh Tink and Terrance were really cute. I like how they tried to tag team the tongue twister.

Currently my cosplay plate consists of Lina Inverse, Solid Snake, Rapunzel, Flynn, Dissidia Terra, And Edgar (not Saabin because I haven't started on him yet. :P) I am are multitasking on these ones, but I should be finishing Snake and Lina real soon, so that frees me up a little.

@ Benihime78 - Well.... I do have dungeon keys... it must be time to put them to use I suppose! It needs to be filled with elaborate but useless traps too. Just in case if someone comes snooping.

I was talking about the wigs you suggested for Mother Gothel. I love the curls.

As for remaking Meg, I personally think it looks wonderful as is... but I also know that were it me, I would probably be so bugged by my perfectionism that I would talk myself into remaking it. So I say, really it's all up to you. If you think it needs to be improved then be my guest. As for talking about non Disney characters, I am very okay with it.

Also too, I would like to know how to hem a circle skirt! If you don't mind that is.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #6306
soraKHdemyx
Trickster

i once got group of people together and we cosplayed as disney characters, but the kicker was that a few of us were kingdom hearts characters.

San Japan: Sinister 6- Gabriel from Supernatural, Wiccan from the Young Avengers, other unknown.
soraKHdemyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:29 AM   #6307
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- Disney movies are pieces of art!! Especially the classics. The first guy was hilarious!! He kept looking around at other people, kinda like he was searching for someone to rescue him! XD That's a very nice list!! I'll love seeing them finished. My list is huuuuuuuuugee. lol

sora- Sounds like fun! : ) I've seen groups like that before.
Unread 01-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #6308
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Titinuix- Thanks for the well-wishing and feedback! For Toothless, I was thinking of doing what some people on this site did and make a hoodie with all his features on it. It would be easy and comfortable(unless I go outside). It crossed my mind to do a quad suit, but then I realized I didn't have the money or skill to do it. Plus, I'm tiny and would get lost/crushed in one XD

Suzie, Seifer- Thanks for the feedback on Meg and the Dreamworks. As far as Meg goes, I'll probably just leave her as is. As much as I'd like to use this new fabric to remake her, I am probably better off working on more projects.
In all honesty, I actually do not know how to hem a circle skirt because I almost always line my cosplays. In your cases, I would just do a rolled hem and hope it works. Sorry about that!

Seifer- There you go! Be sure to include sharks and/or alligators. I think people think Disney is "sexist" because all they're thinking of is the early Disney girls who were made to reflect the more ideal women of their time(in the movie and in real life), whereas the more "modern" heroines are made to be modern role models. Compare the girls from Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty to the ones from say BatB, Mulan, PatF, and Tangled and you'll see the difference.
/attempt to sound smart.
Oh, and when I read "Edgar", I immediately thought of the bad guy from The Aristocats.

Sora- Groovy! Which character were you? Or should it be obvious from your name lol?

Oh, did anyone else know that Disney is making a "Jungle Cruise" movie as well as a sequel to Monsters Inc.?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #6309
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

Happy New Years guys any goals for this year?

Mine...to finally make Belle's yellow ballgown. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN D:
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #6310
LKD
Is a princess!!

Um, too cut down on the costumes XD;
Too many that I only wear once @-@
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #6311
protectorkorii

Hello! I just started out and I found this. I was rather estatic.

Anyway what I really need help with is hoopskirts. I play princesses for a birthday party business (see here https://sites.google.com/site/jsprin...our-princesses) I play Cinderella, understudy Belle, Snow White, and soon Rapunzel. The costumes are also on cosplay.com (obviously) since my Belle dress isn't on the site.

My biggest problem is that I'm using an old wedding hoopskirt right now. I can't kneel down to get to the kids level. Do you have any suggestions for something that could keep my skirt out nicely but I could move and sit in? Even a different hoopskirt anyones had would be great.

Thanks everyone!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #6312
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Ruhi- Ummmm to make MORE costumes!! Go to RenFaire, aaaand, be nice to my little brother.

Korii- There are certain tricks to wearing hoopskirts that have to be learned to properly use them. Hoopskirts are normally collapsible, meaning the hoops will lay down within one another when you kneel down. The best example I can give is this. Also, when you're sitting, you can't just sit, as the hoops will stick up. To my knowledge, you kind of have to lift the lower hoops up in the back and sit on them, so they angle down to the front. Other ladies here have more experience with hoopskirts than I do and I'm sure thy can help you out! : )
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #6313
toughtink

hellooo

hey, i'm new to the forum here, but i'm so glad i found this thread! i kind of spontaneously decided that i'd like to cosplay Tinker Bell and got to work studying wing-making techniques. there's not a lot of information out there, though, on making cellophane wings.

i did one wing using iridescent cellophane, glue, wire, and floral tape to see how it would all come together, but i'm not loving the way the cellophane wrinkles around the wire where the glue doesn't catch it. is there anyone out there who's made wings for Tink or other fairy cosplays with any tips on making the perfect pair of wings?
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #6314
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Hey guys,

I'm seeking help on how to make the zig zag pattern on the bottom of Ariel's bodice on her wedding gown. I have to hand sew everything as I still don't own a sewing machine. The bodice I already have, its just this zig zag pattern that is throwing me off every time I try to do it, and I dont want to waste anymore fabric doing it.
This is the pic, I'm using this one has it shows it simply and as a separate part like how I want to do it:
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/q...x/tom67437.jpg
Unread 01-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #6315
Seifer-sama

@ Suzie Blue - Ha ha yeah my costume list seems to continually grow... Who knows if it will ever stop. I will be really happy to see it finished too though. I used last night's staying up til midnight as an excuse to work on Snake, body suit done, rigging and pads to go. :P What's on your list?

@ Benihime - That was where I eventually had to get with my Zelda costume. Sometimes it's better just to leave it as "imperfect" and move on. I think you can only remake something so many times before it becomes a bit too obsessive.

Yes sharks! Now there is a good idea. That would require a huge tank filter though... As for Disney, it has come a long way, so I guess I can see how some people could be bothered by the older Disney movies, but movies made during the time were the same way, so calling only Disney "sexist" is a bit unfair. Ha ha no sorry not that Edgar, FF6's Edgar was who I was talking about... but it would be funny to dress my brother up as the Edgar from the Aristocats. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote