Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1099 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #7501
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbelle View Post
Furie - The wait would drive me crazy. Here's hoping your skirt comes soon!
Yeah its driving me crazy too- but I only realised the seller is from Thailand as I bought a proper thai gypsy mega flare out skirt XD! So the wait is gonna be longer than I initially expected lmao! I'm such a dumbass sometimes!

Mom is bringing home the hoop skirt tomorrow that got donated into her work the other day. So I'm gonna try one for the very first time! 0_0!!! I'm so scared of hoop skirts its crazy LMAO! It's such a irrational thing XD

Unread 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #7502
Holli

Hey everyone! im new to this thread! but i love Disney and would love to be involved in conversations =D FuriePhoenix told me to come and have a look, and im soo glad that i did. I am a Disney Cosplayer, but my dresses are not the best, i hope to improve my costumes, and owuld love to get some advice in the near future. At the moment my boyfriend makes all my costumes, but i am starting to make my own, and will need some Guidance.
Previous Cosplays
Ariel - Pink Dress
http://oooholliooo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d324vse

Sally- Nightmare before christmas
http://oooholliooo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d31w1jk

Tinkerbell- Lost Treasure
http://oooholliooo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2x399b
Holli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #7503
gothic-cameo

Sorry I haven't replied in awhile, I've been working a couple different fundraisers for Japan. My friend just set up an online donation thing though so that should make it easier. :P

Thanks for the comments everyone! I love making costumes out of t-shirts, that's pretty much what I always do for Halloween since they're always having sales on them at Hobby Lobby.

I won't have any progress to report until summer though because I don't have room (or time :'( ) to sew in my dorm but my friends and I(the one's in the Disney Pictures) are hoping to have a Nightmare Before Christmas group with blacklight reactive costumes so that should be fun trying to figure out over summer break. If anyone has places to buy invisible blacklight paint cheap let me know!

Planned Costumes:
Jean Grey (X-Men)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Queen Serenity (Sailor Moon)
gothic-cameo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #7504
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectorkorii View Post
Arlette: I own a company like that too! Do you happen to have the website for the group? I don't think I'm in your area so you don't have to worry about me being your competition. I like seeing what other groups do.
There is a website and a Facebook, but honestly they kind of suck right now. ^_^; They don't show all the characters and we have very few pictures of the events right now. I'll post again once things look a bit more professional, if people are interested! The company works in the Baltimore and DC Metro area. We don't care about "competition", in fact we did a HUGE party with another party company! There were like 20 characters there, it was ridiculous!

Cute Snow White costume!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #7505
inconspicuous

Quote:
Protector: Unfortuantely two of them were snow themed... and now there is no more snow. Oh well.
Meanwhile, here in ND, school's out because of the blizzard. Gives me time for costuming, though I really should be working on homework...

Holli: Welcome! You've came to the right place for advice. Everyone is super-helpful on this thread. What are some of the cosplays you are planning?
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #7506
LKD
Is a princess!!

Too many new people @_@ I'm lost. Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi =D I win lol

So me, I'ma fix up Tink right now and make my new wings 8D Just waiting for the rain to die a lil so i can run to my car o.<
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #7507
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@Holli ~ Welcome~! And you know what...I've seen your dA before xDD I love your costumes!

So disney vacations is more or less over =< Kinda sad to see it over already.....but all good things much come to an end right? But I saw Miss Bunny today at Animal Kingdom! I didn't even know they had her as a suit character DD
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:24 AM   #7508
Aurora's Heart

Sasha- I think for Easter they decided to make one of her. I know in my store we are drownding in easter plush of her and Thumper. LOL. Glad to hear your trip was fun.

Newbies/lurkers- Hi, welcome. Don't be shy. We don't bite. Well, most of us. (feed the villan cosplayers candy and they'll leave you alone )

I'm still working on the collar for Aurora. The interfacing is a little tricky so, it's taking a bit longer than I wanted. I should have it mostly done tomorrow.
Unread 03-24-2011, 01:38 AM   #7509
chrissyann

Ok so this isn't cosplay related, but it IS Disney related. It's such an amazing video I just had to share it with everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp1BY...ture=topvideos
chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 05:24 AM   #7510
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

*makes grand entrance* Wow, so many new vict--, I mean members! Welcome to you all!

Well the pre-Anime Conji gathering taught me something: Women drivers, no survivors!
But it felt SO GOOD to wear Her Majesty again. Think the kids are getting braver though <.< >.> Still waiting on a few photos, I know there was a few of me and Flynn as well as the first peeing Flynn shot.
That being said, I've come to a conclusion. I know I've told some of you that I want to remake my Queen cosplay so it can be more accurate and practically held together. However, ironically it is not on top of my cosplay to-do list, so I'm going to be purchase another Queen costume to use until that day comes, and use my current one for doing experiments on. My current one is over four years old and is physically starting to show.

Aside from that, cosplay's taken a bit of a backseat once again, though I've been able to find time to search for a few items. And once again, Murphy’s Law has also another hit on me. For the Old Hag, you think it would be easy to find a long, straight, white/ash blonde wig w/o bangs. NOPE! I’ve looked at Arda, Cosplay.com, and Epic Cosplay, though haven't checked Amphigory yet, and they either have the right color but not style, or vice versa, or the wig is not long enough. Even the physical stores don't have it and are too expensive anyway. And I can’t use eBay stores because the China wigs are too small for my big head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Heart View Post
Newbies/lurkers- Hi, welcome. Don't be shy. We don't bite. Well, most of us. (feed the villan cosplayers candy and they'll leave you alone )
Hey I resent that! It's the good ones you have to keep watch on anyway. Us baddies can get away with everything!

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #7511
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@Chriss ~ I love Nick Pitera....that video was awesome xD

OH Musical! I saw the queen at Fantasmic the other day! I recorded it so I'll be tagging you on FB when I get around to posting it xD She was fiercely awesome
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #7512
chrissyann

Sasha- I know! He's amazing! I can't stop watching that video. haha
chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #7513
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Not much progress from me, but I did finally get round to hot gluing my Ariel crown onto the red alice band for her wedding outfit! It required like 2 blobs of hot glue and it took me like 3 months to do it XD! I'm so lazy haha! I also went over the crown with another layer of gold paint and I feel it's made all the difference! New piccies of it in the link below!

http://cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/20816
Unread 03-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #7514
Holli

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous View Post
Meanwhile, here in ND, school's out because of the blizzard. Gives me time for costuming, though I really should be working on homework...

Holli: Welcome! You've came to the right place for advice. Everyone is super-helpful on this thread. What are some of the cosplays you are planning?
Heya =D I did have rapunzel planned for May, but my boyfriend is taking a break from cosplaying, and i wanted to do Punzi and Flynn together, so thats on hold.

Flynn Progress http://cosplayisland.com/costume/view/36043 He is making this

At the moment i have Jessica Rabbit and Belle in Progress ^_^
http://cosplayisland.com/costume/view/29373- Jess

http://cosplayisland.com/costume/view/12063 - Belle

I also have Aroura wig in progress, i have re-styled it http://cosplayisland.com/costume/view/39066

And finally i have Ariel's Blue day dress planned. Omg so sorry about all the links ^_^
Unread 03-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #7515
Holli

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
@Holli ~ Welcome~! And you know what...I've seen your dA before xDD I love your costumes!

So disney vacations is more or less over =< Kinda sad to see it over already.....but all good things much come to an end right? But I saw Miss Bunny today at Animal Kingdom! I didn't even know they had her as a suit character DD

Hello ^_^ , ahhh yes and i have seen your costumes! I commented on your Christmas Belle, i really love it =D