Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1150 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #8401
MommaUrsa
Team Zuko!

nessa - Yeah, when I'm Toph I'm going to have to color my eyebrows. Mine are pretty dark, but I'm sure mine will look light with a black wig. o____o
As for Ariel, the only reason why I'm hesitant is because I have my hair dyed the same color as the wig, and my brows look fine with my hair. Like...I can have hairs popping out from the wig, and it'll look like they're just little fly aways from the wig itself. XD;
MommaUrsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #8402
Limeyaku
First-Mate

SO... I .. UH....

cut out and pinned the panels for my skirt.

Haha. Yes. That's all. All 6 of them. Panel #7 has to wait until I order the custom fabric...I just want to get it together to start embroidering!!!

Still waiting on the custom print for the top...

Also ordering my 4 or 5 wigs tomorrow to slice and dice and weave and braid and glue and... etc etc etc. I'm just having one HECK of a time deciding on the colour I want. >_< Argh...

Ah, nvm! THINK I FOUND IT!!

With what I'm planning to do, I don't THINK it will take more than 3 of these at 51 inches... but I'm getting 4 just in case... then I can leave one down if it works with 3.

I so can't wait for this to come together. One of my dream cosplays!!! Now if only i can arrange to get down to DW and meet the Flynn of my dreams for the Halloween party in costume....muahahhahha!

I'm just glad my other costume for the convention in August is incredibly easy. *thumbsup*
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:13 AM   #8403
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

Wow how long has it been?

So yeah, even though it's old news now, everyone on all the Disney forums I'm on have been talking for weeks about Flynn, Naveen, and all the Princes now being "exiled" from WDW, but I wonder if it really was due to budget cuts or if they were having the "Jack Sparrow problems" all over again?

Cosplay wise, and I can't even remember if I've posted it already, but the Old Hag will not be finished in time for Comic Con. I'm still far behind and I have classes starting next week which means even less time to work on her. And I STILL need a frickin' nose. However, I'm still aiming to have her finished by the D23 Expo.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:50 AM   #8404
Kairi_Heartless
Does it make sense?

Thank you ^^ I'm glad you like it.
Actually I want to remake the shirt and corsage now for making it better fitting but it depends on how much time I've got left for it. I have to start working on my costumes for Connichi in two months (and of course again with emboidery parts)

Tayyy - I've dyed my hair red too in the past and my dark eyebrows did look good with my own hair, but wearing a red wig (Kairi for example) they were too dark and I added some red lipliner or eyeshadow and it was way better that way. Maybe just try it out.

Limeyaku - It looks nice so far ^^ For my braid I used 4 wigs with a length of 48 inch (and extentions for the thickness), but afterwards we wished we had more than those 4 wigs.
Unread 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #8405
Seifer-sama

@ Benihime: Awww thanks!

@ Aurora's Heart: You too? I was chewed apart my mosquitoes on the 4th as well. Not one of the best times I have ever had. :P I look forward to seeing more of your Aurora pictures!

@ Limeyaku: Great progress so far! I used four an a half wigs and a weft for mine also at 51'. It probably would have been better if I had five wigs though, just because once you braid it, the hair pulls and shows bald spots. I think you chose a really pretty color for the wig though.

@ Musicalpencil: Are "Jack Sparrow problems" a frequent problem? Or was it just those three princes? I would hope if that was the case, they could replace them with someone else. I would hate for Disney to get rid of them altogether.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #8406
sagittarius_1
Galactic Fairy

@ Proctector: I'm glad! I'm just hoping it works for you ; A ;.

@ Inconspicious: That's a good point for Merida. I hope they don't change it, because that'd be a bummer--but does Pixar usually do that?

Everyone's progress looks so amazing btw! Out of curiosity is anyone else going to D23 or Mickey's Trick or Treat this year?

Sheryl Nome { artbook version } x o4o %
Velvet { standard } x o3o %
sagittarius_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #8407
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LadySasha- woooooow progress of Belle's skirt is looking fabby! And I agree with Beni- that is not a hoop skirt... its a cat tent! Its HUGE!

Kairi- LOVE your Rapunzel!!!!

Limeyaku- your rapunzel skirt progress is looking good!
Unread 07-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #8408
MommaUrsa
Team Zuko!

Kairi - I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I'll probably grab some tomorrow. Mum needs to grab stuff from Joann's tomorrow for her quilts, so I think I can convince her to let me run over to the Ulta next door. Even if she swore she would never shop there again. xD

Limeyaku - Your skirt is a beautiful color! It looks like it's coming along real well. <3 And that color for the wig looks lovely. C:
MommaUrsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #8409
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

What's this "Jack Sparrow incident" ?
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #8410
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Thanks, all! I'm SO EXCITED to actually have something in progress for it!

Tbh, I don't think I'm going to end up using more than 3 wigs... it'll be experimental ( which I usually have good luck with, so here's hoping! ), but I plan on getting pale yellow nylon, making tubes, stuffing them with batting and then wrapping the hair around them. I'm only 5'3 so the braid won't be excessively long and since a lot of the volume is going to be light, cotton stuffing, I'm hoping I'll have enough hair and then some! IN THEORY, this makes sense... I'll let you know how it goes once I actually start on the beast. LOL

I LOVE the colour I found for my skirt! The only thing is that since it's a poly satin, sometimes it looks REALLY shiny...but most of the time it looks quite nice and seems to be about the same weight as Rapunzels.

LS: basically, Jack got too popular and attracted lots of teen and adult ladies.

WHICH SO ISN'T FAIR BECAUSE WE PAY TO GO THERE AND EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC TOO! IF THEY'RE OUR DREAM GUYS THEN LET US LIVE OUR DREAMS FOR A MOMENT! /end rant.
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:42 AM   #8411
nessabutterfly

Lime-- even "light" stuffing gets heavy when you get enough of it. My Strawberry Shortcake hat http://www.cosplay.com/costume/122465/ is very lightly stuffed, but my neck gets SOO sore when I wear that thing. It's basically just a pillow on my head. Adding 3 wigs worth of hair over the tubes will be pretty heavy, no matter what you do. Of course, that's the method I'm planning if I ever get around to Rapunzel (still collecting supplies and finishing all the other costumes that were already slotted ahead of it), so I'm not knocking it-- just preparing you.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #8412
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Oh I know it will have some weight to it no matter what. I was just explaining the method as to give an idea of how I plan on stretching out less than 5 wigs ( hopefully 3 out of 4 ) for it ( using the stuffing for volume as opposed to wig hair ). Hoping for the best!

I wish I could come up with some inflatable method...LOL
Unread 07-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #8413
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

@Seifer-sama and @LadySasha:
The "Jack Sparrow problems" was with all the attention and popularity Jack would also receive a lot of inappropriate behavior from women, from dirty talk to even dry-humping, to a point of borderline harassment at times. When he left, it was reported as budget cuts but most knew it was moreso for Jack's safety.

I have no idea if this ever happened with Flynn or Naveen at all, as I have not heard any incidents going around at either parks, though I unfortunately wouldn't be surprised if it did. It would be a terrible shame if it was part of the reason. It just takes a few idiots and no self-control to ruin things for everyone else.

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #8414
Kairi_Heartless
Does it make sense?

Furie - thank you ^^

Tayyy - I always apply the lipliner very carefully and if I still get too much on my eyebrows I first try to remove it and then add some powder on it to make it paler (and it'll stick to the brows a bit better and doesn't smear ^.~)

Limeyaku - my first skirt was poly tafetta and even my underskirt is made of cotton fabric I was almost melting wearing it @__@ But also Rapunzels skirt has a soft shine.
Good luck with your wig ^^
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #8415
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Well, I got my fabric today- I'm happy with the sleeve fabric, but I'm undecided on the bodice fabric. It's pretty, it's just super shiny and wayyy light. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm going to look around some more & see if I can't find something better.

Sasha- Belle is looking fantastic so far!!