Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1011 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #9121
kiggi

beni, yes, signed up today my husband said i am about to jump into the rabbit hole (he follows ppl on there) im kiggi on there too

bloomers arent a bad idea, i wore white bike shorts under mine
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #9122
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

beni- You think? I thought about being able to remove them easily, too. :3 It is kind of creepy! lol But it's just the flash from the camera! lol

kiggi- Thanks! By the way, welcome to the world of tumblr! MUAHAHAHAHAHA It will devour your soul, and there's no going back! XD

Also, the gloves really aren't that turquoise-y! They just showed up funny on camera.
Unread 09-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #9123
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

kiggi- Wonderful! I'm benihime78 on there too(just followed you) and I have another blog(its in my siggy)
And thanks! To be honest, I've wanted a pair for a long time, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Suzie- Yeah. If you want to attach the two of them down the road, you can, but I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. You could also try handstitching the top half, leaving the bottom unstitched(or vice-versa) so that you can slip your hand in and out and still have the glove on. I hardly ever wear gloves, but when I do, I like them to be removable.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #9124
LKD
Is a princess!!

kiggi- yup its a hole you can't escape lol I'm sure one of these two will post something with you so I'll add you when it happens x3 It's kinda impossible searching for people on the mobile app ><

suzie- what kind of fabric is that? I like it for another cosplay I'm doing =3 I agree with Cait, making them seperate will make things a lot easier. Most of the time you can't see the seam. My Hikaru gloves are two pieces as well and even without the white armor on top, you can't see the seam =3'

beni- Bloomaahs! <3 I need to find mine for Alice..Are you gonig to wear them under Esme too? X3 I'm planning on whooshing dem skirts up so I kinda need it for her..I know the parks make her wear them. What does Sally wear under her skirt? o.<
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:03 AM   #9125
nessabutterfly

princess mom-- the dress came out so good! It's kinda stressful when you're just learning to sew, but you're clearly picking it up really quickly, and you'll have that skill to keep now!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #9126
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyann View Post
Furie: Freehand? wow! I looks really good.
THANK YOU!! ^_^ I just love drawing so it was a 'eeeee must dooooooooo' prop for me haha
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #9127
Takozu
kind of Disney-obsessed.

theprincessmom: so excited to see things turning out for you!

IN PLANNING!
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy - 5%
Takozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #9128
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- I used 2 pairs of tights from We Love Colors in Sky Blue. The ones on my arms are childs size 11-14 and the hands are cut from the adult sized tights. I also have a pair of adult tights for my legs.

Cait & LKD- I think I will just leave them separate!
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #9129
ThePrincessMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post

And after going through some of my fabric today, I have discovered that I have enough fabric to make a short pair of bloomers to go under my Rapunzel skirt. I know Punzie doesn't wear bloomers(or at least we don't see any), but I feel like it won't hurt to have some when I go to MNSSH since I'll be getting in and out of rides quite a bit, which means lifting/adjusting my skirt. Don't want Rapunzel to be flashing any kids.

LOL...I plan to get a leotard for my dress. My concern was leaning over and flashing too much because of the low neckline! And I tend to be bent over a lot talking to my daughter or taking photos.
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #9130
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

LKD- I might just do that. I know I nearly flashed some people when I was Esme before, so having them wouldn't hurt. I think all most of the characters wear them actually. I know Tiana does since she has to lift her hoops to be able to kneel to greet kids. I don't know what Sally wears, but because her dress is more fitted, you would probably be better off with bike shorts(like Kiggi) or spanxs(or whatever) of some kind.

PrincessMom- I have cami tops for that since I'm not much for leotards because you pretty much have to undress to use the bathroom, but I see where you're coming from.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #9131
chrissyann

Beni: I've heard of people doing that, but my problem is I braided it straight back, instead of to the side, my mistake, so when I pull it sideways, it pulls my wig to the side. :/ I've gotten a few ideas from people at work, so we'll see if those work.

Suzie: Love the gloves.

Furie: haha! I also love to draw, not sure how great I am at it, but if you love it, why not do it? you're a fantastic drawer though, from the looks of it.

Some cosplay news, I found a sewing machine! I'm pretty excited to start learning how to sew. I kinda want to be Vanessa from the little mermaid for halloween. So MAYBE i'll try to work on that. i'll update as I go along.
chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #9132
jdoe7

Beni-random story about the bloomers characters wear in the parks, they don't always...Lol! I did a college program at wdw, and a friend of mine was in the elevator with a "friend" of tiana getting ready for a meet and greet and the friend got flashed! Kind of funny but I think bloomers or bike shorts would work great as you never know when a gust of wind could come your way!
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #9133
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Just stopping in to share some progress... I'd originally planned on making Rapunzel for Halloween, but was totally in the mood to make something big and poofy instead, so I settled on Belle!

I've made a bunch of roses so far, that'll be on the skirt and the wig (I have about a dozen more of the sparkly yellow ones on the right, and I'm actually not sure if I'll end up using the orange ones.)

link: roses

And then I've started putting together the skirt! I hope to be finished with that by Wednesday or Thursday.

link: skirt

Should be all together for the event at Disneyland next week (the 30th)!

Last edited by Ali : 09-19-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #9134
delilahcasade

Want that Sunggly Duckling Sign!

Hi Chocobo!!

Would absolutely LOVE if I could rent or even buy the Snuggly Duckling sign. Sent over an email with my contact information to the Saucy page. Please let me know. It would be absolutely amazing!

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo Jockey View Post
So! My party was definitely fun and moderately successful! 8D haha We finished most of everything (except I didn't finish the designs on my shirt....I was painting them like 10 minutes before my friends started arriving. lol) I'm sorry....it's time for picture spam.

We made a Snuggly Duckling sign: http://i55.tinypic.com/s5jrev.jpg
And some banners: http://i51.tinypic.com/35cfk7p.jpg
And "floating lanterns" haha XD: http://i51.tinypic.com/23rr4ph.jpg
And here's my mostly-finished (kinda) top (and flowers in my hurr!!): http://i53.tinypic.com/35ceyvr.jpg
And we made cupcakes that are kinda like Atilla's: http://i56.tinypic.com/2rc4nqs.jpg

It was fun! ^.^ We also watched Tangled....at 1:30...am. Mwahaha!

And in other news, although I had orignially told myself that I wasn't going to post any progress pictures, I HAVE NO SELF-CONTROL! So, that being the case, here are some Ariel things:
My fin fabric (far away): http://i51.tinypic.com/qn0dpx.jpg
My fin fabric (close up): http://i54.tinypic.com/wujpc4.jpg
annnnd Sebastian! Squee!: http://i56.tinypic.com/6f3tvn.jpg

Sooooooo...yeah. Picture spam done! =D
delilahcasade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #9135
chrissyann

this is the wig tutorial I used:

http://i55.tinypic.com/t98dj7.jpg
chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote